Celebrity Suite Deck 9 'overhang'

BaliChic

Hi there,

We're on the Constellation next April and are booked in 9098, a celebrity suite on deck 9. From some pictures i've seen it looks like these rooms would be pretty dark during the day.

Does the overhang disrupt the view from the panoramic windows, we dont like dark rooms and were wondering if this would be an issue. We're also thinking of changing rooms to one on deck 7 or 8 if so. How is this type of room? Are the butler service & amenities nice? WOuld appreciate some help, thanks!!! icon_smile.gif

-Diahndra icon_smile.gif

You picked the right cabin! However you might want to consider changing to deck 7 or 8. We have been in 3 CS - 9096, 8106 and 7138. You might also want to pick a cabin that faces forward. Celebrity has an automatic window washer that is attached to the ship from deck 9 to deck 6 and covers one of the 4 windows on all the CS cabins that face aft. The Butler

is excellent. I would change from deck 9 to cabin 8104 or 7138.

I would try to get to a lower deck as well, the overhangs are very large.

Astrid

Mercury Nov 15, 2004

Galaxy April 2, 2005

HAL: Volendam 2003

NCL: Star Nov 2002

RCCL: Vision, Legend, Viking Serenade, 1995,1996,1998,2001

Celebrity: Century, Mercury, Infinity, 1997,1999,2000,2002

Disney Magic 2001

Renaissance R3 2000

Thanks for that! those two alternatives that were suggested have become available again. we'll be sure to change our room as soon as possible. the butler service sounds great!

-Diahndra icon_smile.gif

We are just back from the Infinity. We were in cabin 9121 under the over hang on deck 9. At times the noise was very loud from the pool deck above us. Especially when someone was playing ping pong. It sounded like a herd of elephants up there! I would not book under the overhang again. Especially if you want any sun on your deck.

You will love the butler - he brings a plate of little mini rolls and sandwiches and freshly baked biscuits and cakes with tea or coffee in a insulated pot every afternoon around 3.30pm to your cabin, followed by hors d'ouvres around 5.30pm (or later dependant on what dinner seating you have).

.... you can tell why we have booked late seating dinner again!

Enjoy!

We were lucky to be able to change our room from 9098 to 8104 which is a forward facing suite. thank you for the advice.

are the rooms decorated individually for each floor? They looks different from the pictures i've seen? We did late seating on our last cruise, but this time we're trying early seating, because i missed my organized activties and finished late (I'm 14)

hopefully we'll still get some of those goodies though! icon_smile.gif Thanks again!

Diahndra

• 3 weeks later...

Help, we just booked 9177. Is it under the overhang? I can't stand a dark room.

Carol and John

NORDIC PRINCE-Mexico 2/1994

RYNDAM-Southern Caribbean1/97

ENCHANTMENT 1/98 Eastern Caribbean -VEENDAM 6/98-Eastern Caribbean

SEA PRINCESS 3/99-Western Caribbean

RHAPSODY 1/2000-Mexico

GRAND PRINCESS 11/00-Eastern caribbean VOYAGER 11/00-Western Caribbean

LEGEND 3/02 Hawaii

CARIBBEAN PRINCESS 5/04

Future:

STAR PRINCESS 11/04

Are the rooms decorated differently? Well can only speak for the INFINITY CS...but I think the room decor does differ in furniture color, window shade fabric, artwork, and carpet color. Its a fantastic suite! Very nice to have your own dining room.

INFINITY: 6/6/04

Deck 9 is great, you will appreciate the shade the overhang provides. The only thing I would change is to secure the forward facing cabin. Butler service is outstanding. I think the CS's are the best cabins on the Millennium class ships.

Regards,

Tom

Zenith 09-07-02

Millennium 02-22-04

Hi -

Looking at the deck plans at the moment, and ship picture, its seems as though every room on deck 9 has some sort of overhang. 9040- is the last room before the 'jutted' section of the ship. Great location, but i would be unsure what effect an overhang would have.

9117 is almost way at the back, on a jutted section. Directly above is the seaside cafe which appears to have severel round overhanging sections, it would be a matter of luck whether your balcony will be right under one of those or under the gaps in between, again, i havent been on a millenium class ship.

It would really depend on personal preference, balcony with shade or without? I've heard of Celebrity suite windows becoming very hot during the day with non-stop sunshine, depends where the sun is and the time of day really. We like a bright, lovely atmosphere and are glad we changed into 8104. Has anyone been in this particular suite before?

Lastly, after some research- i am Pretty sure that the decor and theme varies between decks. Can anyone confirm this? We cant wait to try our first CS.

icon_smile.gif-Diahndra

• 5 months later...

If possible, I'd book a lower deck, not because of the overhang but because of the noise. We were in 9096 Celebrity suite, and there is a galley right above it that does dishes or something all night long. The first two nights every time we'd get to sleep there would be a crash and bang. Mind you, this was 1, 2, and 3 in the morning! If you can't change your suite and the first night there is noise, immediately contact the hotel manager and complain. He can make them shut down at 10 in the evening. Of course, there is still some noise in the morning, but didn't seem as bad. Otherwise, suite is really nice.

I was on Infinity in cabin 9048. No noise at all. I did not mind the overhang. I could not suntan on the balcony, but I loved sitting out there. The room was not dark at all. Plenty of indirect sunlight. I visited another room on the 7th floor. They had no overhang, but their balcony was much smaller. I think I would rather have the shade so I could sit out for longer periods of time. Also, you are just one floor away from the spa, the pools, and the buffet. That was very convenient. My humble opinion...

• 13 years later...

We were in a forward facing CS on the Connie, loved the room but would avoid a forward facing CS in the future. When at sea it was too windy to enjoyably sit on the balcony. We envied our neighbors who were in the aft facing CS and enjoying their balcony.

This is a really bad thread to get cabin advice from... 14 years old. AQ didn’t exist and CS didn’t have balconies. Please let it go back to sleep...

Well, someone else woke it up and I thought I could get an answer to a question. I guess there’s a reason I’m a “lurker” and not a poster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk