Raw deal with RCI on Solo

spintowin

Booked a GTY stateroom solo on Serenade with RCI. Just got my room assignment for Apr 29, 2016 and they gave me a studio. I paid 200% for an interior cabin, 165 square feet, anywhere on ship. This i understand. But a downgrade to a studio with 100 sq feet and a single bed ??? That is not what I paid for. Has this happened to anyone?

That sucks!

I got bumped from Princess once...they oversold the ship and I was the only solo that week. They said that bumping me only ruined one person's vacation vs two people if they bumped somebody else. I was in an assigned balcony room. They refunded my cruise and airfare. It was an October sailing in the Caribbean. They rebooked me including the air for FREE on a the same ship and itinerary in April. They gave me OBC and paid the gratuities.

Edited by Cricket98

eded are you in a studio for the TA on Apr29? Which way is the bed positioned? Forward and aft or port and starboard? Is the room bigger than most elevators? I am claustrophobic and do not use elevators.

eded are you in a studio for the TA on Apr29? Which way is the bed positioned? Forward and aft or port and starboard? Is the room bigger than most elevators? I am claustrophobic and do not use elevators.

At first I was in cabin 4587 once again but a few weeks ago the prices were changing a lot and I called RCCL regarding this....well I got a upgrade to a balcony...I also have to add I am diamond plus so that helped....

The cabins are small but do its justice .... they are mid ship on deck four

I have been following this and looking to see if there was an update.

I can't imagine that an inside guarantee would ever include studios so please come back and let us know what happened.

Sent a follow up email to the executive at guest relations today but no response. Everytime I see a cabin available on the RCI website, I call. But same response, the interiors that are available are not in the category I booked. So I would have to upgrade. I have another thread on the RCI page titled, Dispute with credit card. I started this thread to see if any solos have ever stayed in the studio cabins on the Serenade. Not sure I can deal with 100 sq ft.

I think Serenade is Radiance class. I had two different single staterooms last year on Brilliance. I did book them as single rooms. They are quite small, and have single sized beds. It was OK, but then I knew what I had booked.

They were just off of the Centrum. Fortunately there was no noise coming from the Centrum if I wanted to go to bed earlyish.

I hope you get sorted soon.

I can't help with the gty room for RCI, but I was looking at HAL GTY interior rooms for 1 and the bed option was 'Twin' whereas if there was a stateroom with number offered the bed size was "queen'. I did some tests for RCI and tried several websites, but couldn't even pull up a GTY room. I wonder, however, if it also shows that the guaranty is a minimum twin bed for 1 passenger. It stinks when you are paying twice the price, but I wonder if that is how they get around it?

I'd be very disappointed with this. If you booked an inside GTY, you should be given a true inside. Also, I've heard with the studio cabins, you don't get the extra point per night, so this is something I'd definitely get confirmation on if you stay in that cabin. I was booked on a studio once on the Brilliance but when I saw pictures, I opted against it. I think the only studio I would do are the ones with balconies on the Quantum class ships.

has anyone ever stayed in a studio on serenade of the seas?

i have, once. They are a closet, a hole, and an insult to solo travelers. And theres always a SS. .....so, despite being almost diamond, I cruise NCL or Princess.

• 3 weeks later...