Any Jewel Dry Dock Updates??

Hi jancl57, my family and myself are on the same cruise. We have booked a couple of private excursions already. Two of which we have done as sharing excursions with other people on the cruise. I suggest you check out some of the posts on the roll call for this crusie. I know there are still some vacancies on a couple of tours. From my research I have found these to be cheaper they also have good reviews.

Hi Pharry.... thanks! I actually did go on the June 1 roll call and joined a shore excursion. It's very similar to the one that RCI offers... and $48 cheaper pp. So a great deal! Will you be going to the meet & greet? I look forward to meeting fellow cruisers!

Thanks!

Janet

But presumably they'll put something where Seaview Cafe was - so maybe Samba, as on Radiance. Really hope it's Izumi rather than Samba

And Izumi would make my wife very happy too, but I read hear a few weeks ago that the company was not going to do Izumi anymore, so we will see about that too.

My understanding and what I see on the new deck plans is Izumi where Seaview Cafe was.

Bob....curious where you heard the the company was not going to do Izumi anymore. Was this for all ships? We love Izumi Hibachi on Oasis.

Hi Pharry.... thanks! I actually did go on the June 1 roll call and joined a shore excursion. It's very similar to the one that RCI offers... and $48 cheaper pp. So a great deal! Will you be going to the meet & greet? I look forward to meeting fellow cruisers!

Thanks!

Janet

Hi Janet, I did get a notification regarding you joining a excursion its the same one my children and their partners will be doing. I haven't registered as yet, hopefully in the next couple of weeks.

Tricia.

My understanding and what I see on the new deck plans is Izumi where Seaview Cafe was.

Bob....curious where you heard the the company was not going to do Izumi anymore. Was this for all ships? We love Izumi Hibachi on Oasis.

You are correct Izumi is (was) supposed to be added during this dry dock.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

... Bob....curious where you heard the the company was not going to do Izumi anymore. Was this for all ships? We love Izumi Hibachi on Oasis.

I believe it was a discussion here on CC. I've only heard that once, so we will see if it comes true.

Last night the Port Everglades cargo listing showed that the 1100 am Sat. Jewel arrival at pier 4 has been changed to 400am Sun 24th with a 430Pm departure from pier 4. Sure will be glad sat when ship tracker shows her leaving shipyard. Bob

Hi Janet, I did get a notification regarding you joining a excursion its the same one my children and their partners will be doing. I haven't registered as yet, hopefully in the next couple of weeks.

Tricia.

After I read your response, I read my email again and figured that was you. I'm hoping the young folks on the excursion don't mind a "barely 60" couple

joining them. What excursions have you registered for?

Looking forward to meeting you.

-Janet

We board Jewel on the 28th so we'll find out then......if not before. Sure hope Izumi was added. :)

Not sure why there is any doubt. I know Royal is not good with relaying info, but it was on the original press release (along with all other materials pertaining to the dry dock) and it is on the deck plans (which are decently accurate when it comes to dry docks.

I understand the speculation of Sabor, though.

Park Cafe, Park Cafe, Park Cafe

Not according to the RCI website

NEW Enjoy authentic Italian cuisine at Giovanni's Table, traditional Japanese dishes at Izumi, or wines and ports at Vintages*

NEW Renovated specialty restaurant Chops Grille steakhouse, where for one low cover charge you can choose any items off the menu from appetizer to dessert*

Main Dining Room with complimentary, multi-course dining for breakfast, lunch and dinner

More complimentary options including the Windjammer Café, pizzeria, and room service*

Café Latté-tudes, a specialty coffee house

NEW Enjoy authentic Italian cuisine at Giovanni's Table, traditional Japanese dishes at Izumi, or wines and ports at Vintages*

NEW Renovated specialty restaurant Chops Grille steakhouse, where for one low cover charge you can choose any items off the menu from appetizer to dessert*

Main Dining Room with complimentary, multi-course dining for breakfast, lunch and dinner

More complimentary options including the Windjammer Café, pizzeria, and room service*

So where is Izumi?

So where is Izumi?

It's there......in the 1st sentence of the 2nd paragraph....now highlighted in red. Also shows on the deckplan.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?deckCode=12&shipCode=JW&shipProfile=1694&sailDate=1160424&hasNavigation=false

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise