Any Jewel Dry Dock Updates??

On the 15 night Jewel Re-Positioning cruise April 28th right after its dry dock.

Are there ever any updates or progress reports?

Just hoping there are no cancellations like with The Empress Dry Dock

Thanks very much. I would hope because it's a repositioning cruise plus a 4- night cruise before ours, they would try very hard to have things done in time as to avoid angry passengers waiting to cruise from Rome after our cruise.

Port Everglades cargo listing this morning shows the Jewel of the Seas at terminal 4, April 24th, arrival time 600am and a departure at 500pm .

Terminal 4 is also showing vacant on the 22nd and 23rd pending and early arrival. Bob

Awesome post....thanks. Not knowing how much these hard workers can get done in a short period of time, you look at the photos as a person with no knowledge, and you might say...how are they going to be finished by this Saturday.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thank you, Dave4120, for opening this thread and thank you, pilotboy1985, for posting the photos.

I'm happy to say that a month from now, I'll be on the Jewel of the Seas.

I'm also happy to say that I'll be staying in the brand new two-bedroom don't-call-it-a-Suite-because-it-doesn't-come-with-Suite-perks cabin on deck 10 (1054), by myself! Until this dry dock, the Concierge Lounge was in this space.

BTW I'm not complaining that I won't get Suite perks. The cabin is (for now?) categorized and priced as a standard Family Ocean View (FO) cabin, even though it is almost twice as big as other FO cabins (589 sq ft vs 319 sq ft), with panoramic floor-to-ceiling windows across the hall from the Royal Suite mid-ship.

OK, well, now that I've let the cat out of the bag... :)

We leave 6 weeks from tomorrow on the Jewel for a 9 night Greek Isle Cruise. Does anyone know what new restaurant(s) will be on the ship? I wanted to make reservations but it is currently only showing Chops Grille. Also, anyone been on this particular cruise before? I'm wondering if it would be cheaper to try and book a shore excursion through an independent company while in Naples. Thoughts anyone?

We leave 6 weeks from tomorrow on the Jewel for a 9 night Greek Isle Cruise. Does anyone know what new restaurant(s) will be on the ship? I wanted to make reservations but it is currently only showing Chops Grille. Also, anyone been on this particular cruise before? I'm wondering if it would be cheaper to try and book a shore excursion through an independent company while in Naples. Thoughts anyone?

Welcome to Cruise Criritc.

Unfortunately, no info from the Cruise Line. They like to keep things a big secret.

With regard to the excursions, I would check the Ports of Call forum here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=595