Late As Possible Debarkation

ATC64

My wife and I have a late afternoon flight the day we return to port so I'm looking for suggestions on how to stay on the ship for as long as possible that morning. We always stay up late and love to sleep in so any pointers on how to manage our luggage and what time to set the alarm for are greatly appreciated. Doesn't matter to us if we set our luggage out the night before or do self-assist.

We have FTTF but I'm pretty sure that doesn't matter in this case.

My folks who live in Fla will be on this cruise as well and will be driving us to the airport.

Thanks!!

My wife and I have a late afternoon flight the day we return to port so I'm looking for suggestions on how to stay on the ship for as long as possible that morning. We always stay up late and love to sleep in so any pointers on how to manage our luggage and what time to set the alarm for are greatly appreciated. Doesn't matter to us if we set our luggage out the night before or do self-assist.

My folks who live in Fla will be on this cruise as well and will be driving us to the airport.

Thanks!!

I think Princess offers this as an excursion where you get to stay on the ship till an hour before it sails. Carnival was thinking about adding this as an excursion at some time in the past but I don't know why they dropped it.

Even if you are the last person off the ship, the cabin stewards want you to vacate your cabin early. They need to get it ready for the next passengers. Send your luggage out the night before or you will be dragging it around with you while you go to breakfast (do the dining room) Lido is always hectic. After breakfast you can sit in lounge areas. You will get written instructions towards the end of the cruise. If you are in an early group, guest services may be able to change it for you.

I think from Carnival's point of view is that you are out of money, get the heck off the ship lol. On the other hand, I can understand that there is a limited amount one can do with luggage in tow so perhaps you could arrange for transportation to drive you around the port area to explore and then on to your airport? This is a tough one though. Best of luck!

We just came off a the Ecstasy in Charleston. We had to be out of our room by 9am so they could start cleaning. We self assisted (as the majority of the ship did) and we were off by 10am. That same ship was scheduled for another cruise the same day… so I would imagine you'd have to be off relatively early.

Thank you all for your quick replies. Looks like the best option is to send out the luggage the night before then head up to the Lido deck after we check out our room. I've been on 5 other cruises and have always been unsure how to handle debarkation.

This forum is awesome!!

We were among the last off the Valor a few weeks ago. We put out bags the night before and slept until the announcements got too annoying. Left the cabin around 9 and got breakfast on the lido. No one in line at the buffet. Went out and sat in lounge chairs in the sun on lido until 10:30. Didn't head down until 10 minutes after they had called all numbers. Walked off the ship and didn't see another passenger until we got to customs. Found bags easily because they were the only ones there. And had 1 person in front of us in customs. It was by far the best debark we've had in 6 cruises. Will do it this way every time from now on. Only downside was seeing all the new people checking in starting their week and feeling jealous

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Builder31 - Thank you for sharing, seems like a great plan for my wife and I.

"Only downside was seeing all the new people checking in starting their week and feeling jealous." Reminds me of crossing paths with people who just got off the plane at Las Vegas airport when I'm on my way home.

We were among the last off the Valor a few weeks ago. We put out bags the night before and slept until the announcements got too annoying. Left the cabin around 9 and got breakfast on the lido. No one in line at the buffet. Went out and sat in lounge chairs in the sun on lido until 10:30. Didn't head down until 10 minutes after they had called all numbers. Walked off the ship and didn't see another passenger until we got to customs. Found bags easily because they were the only ones there. And had 1 person in front of us in customs. It was by far the best debark we've had in 6 cruises. Will do it this way every time from now on. Only downside was seeing all the new people checking in starting their week and feeling jealous

We have also done this, watched everyone get off and then we debarked. Doesn't matter what your # is as long as you don't try to get off before your # is called, after it is called, they don't care. Tried self-assist once, never again! The most stressful debark for us ever, everuone pushing and shoving to get off. We walked off leisurely, grabbed our luggage, thru customs and out the door all in 5 minutes.

Pat

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks!!

You're in luck! FTTF DOES help!

From the Carnival website:

Debarkation Choices

We are always sad to see you go. But when your cruise is over, you may choose an early or late disembarkation time upon arrival to your homeport.

If Imagination is scheduled to arrive at 7am in long beach, what is the latest time you typically have to be out of the cabins? We're stay up late people too and the worst thing about cruises is that last day and the early morning.

Just remember how anxious and excited you are to board the ship? The ones on the next cruise are the same way. The longer it takes for people to disembark, the longer it takes for the next group to embark.

I agree with others. Leave your luggage out the night before, vacate room when asked, and go have a nice breakfast. It doesn't make any difference what your disembarking number is. You can't go before it, but you can always go after it is called.