Breaking News - C&A Changes/Enhancements

It doesn't matter if the CL was originally for suite guests. That's the past, just as when life jackets were required at the lifeboat drill, smoking was allowed in cabins and dress code was enforced on formal nights.

Times change and the history may be interesting, but really irrelevant to what is happening now.

The fact is that D+ members have had access to the CL for years. Taking that away cannot be justified by claiming a return to the way it was 20 (or whatever) years ago. Would you also justify a return to the smoking rules of 20 years ago? I think not!

Twenty years ago there wasn't an additional lounge. Now most ships have a Diamond Lounge that ,on some ships, is nicer than the CL. I was one who had just become Diamond when the Diamonds were no allowed in the CL. There was nothing for us. After all the uproar, the Diamond Event was added. Slowly the Diamond Lounges were added.

Even though your post will very soon be buried in way off topic and meaningless posts - wanted to say that I completely agree with you. Those are the changes I expect as well.

Bob and many others seem to think the same way also.

The only thing that stays the same is change. It's inevitable. ;)

Edited by island lady

I'm board Brilliance tomorrow for TA, but someone already onboard has said the CL/DL will be held in the Colony Club for the TA, since there are so many D,D+, and Pinnacles.

Hi Kay!! Have a fantabulous cruise!! Wish we could join you! :D

That's like the countdown to armageddon based on how many on here are reacting.

I don't think people were as wound up about the Y2K hysteria when the entire earth was supposed to come to a crashing stop.

Edited by Ocean Boy

Here's my Golden Rule

'Please don't let them wear flip flops if their feet look like they can swoop down fron the sky and snatch their dinner from the lake. Amen' :O

Sorry, feet are no match for guys wearing wife beaters who THINK they look a lot better than they actually do.

I think it's safe to say the bulk of participants and Loyal to Royal's on this board won't take ANY business to ANY other cruiseline when or if Royal takes away their benefits. Which is exactly the sort of mindset that causes those takeaways.

I think it's safe to say the bulk of participants and Loyal to Royal's on this board won't take ANY business to ANY other cruiseline when or if Royal takes away their benefits. Which is exactly the sort of mindset that causes those takeaways.

YES! I keep thinking this very same thing while reading these posts.

Speak for yourself only! Others maybe waiting for the decision.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

It's almost like some kind of Stockholm Syndrome ;)

Speak for yourself only! Others maybe waiting for the decision.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I go on the ship that goes where I want to go, when I can go, for a price I want to pay. RCI, MSC, Princess, Carnival, Celebrity, NCL. I have the most "perks" with RCI, but I won't book them just for lounge access or deteriorating perks. But there are others who literally are terrified to try anything else and even when RCI takes away from them, they'll be right back to booking 6x a year no matter what.

Look at Empress; some people are DETERMINED to get on that ship no matter how many times Royal screws them on airfare and hotel fees.

The title of this thread is changes / enhancements. Does anyone here believe for a New York minute that there will be "enhancements"? Pffffft. takeaways only.

Agree 100%. Over the years there have been quite a few windbags, with self declared importance, very vocal about leaving and never coming back to Royal but.....as you stated...the bulk of participants and Loyal to Royal's on this board won't take ANY business to ANY other cruiseline when or if Royal takes away their benefits.

They ain't going nowhere.

Edited by looking4info

It's almost like some kind of Stockholm Syndrome ;)

Yes, next week they may have the same benefits, or less benefits, but they won't dream of looking at other lines. Too outside of their comfort zone. The little differences between lines are what you start to appreciate. There's no reason to be loyal to ANY cruiseline anymore. You spend umpteen thousand dollars to "get something" just to find out you won't get it anyway. Try a different ship, see a different show, try a vacation where you don't know exactly what time you will order your "regular day 3" meal. won't kill you. This loyalty racket is a broken scam.

in the last month I booked the NCL Escape, Celebrity Summit and MSC Seaside. No desire to make Pinnacle. I do have Explorer, Allure, Harmony, and lastly Anthem booked and will keep those reservations, at least for now.

I go on the ship that goes where I want to go, when I can go, for a price I want to pay. RCI, MSC, Princess, Carnival, Celebrity, NCL. I have the most "perks" with RCI, but I won't book them just for lounge access or deteriorating perks. But there are others who literally are terrified to try anything else and even when RCI takes away from them, they'll be right back to booking 6x a year no matter what.

Look at Empress; some people are DETERMINED to get on that ship no matter how many times Royal screws them on airfare and hotel fees.

:D:D Present!!

Edited by SailyaCruise

Many of these people have only cruised on Royal and are stuck in their ways. It's easier to complain than take action. One guy actually compared his Royal loyalty to his wife. He's happy with Royal so why would he try something else.

That was his argument and he was sticking with it.

Many of these people have only cruised on Royal and are stuck in their ways. It's easier to complain than take action. One guy actually compared his Royal loyalty to his wife. He's happy with Royal so why would he try something else.

That was his argument and he was sticking with it.

I think they are secretly afraid that they may try another brand and discover they like some aspects of it better than Royal. Not that everything is better and Royal is worse, just that they discover that trying something different is good. Sort of invalidates those years of loyalty and diminishes the value of money spent.

I would never compare money I pay to any company for anything to my loyalty to my spouse.

Loyalty programs certainly can be nice, and you can certainly affix a dollar value to those perks. But to stay hooked into one brand just for ever changing goal lines makes no sense to me.

IMO, Royal's not trying to find a way to keep the Loyal's appeased, they would be plenty happy to stop serving free booze and giving balcony discounts and get some new blood on the ships. I have no inside information of what changes are coming when, and I can say what I'd like as a consumer, but I have no delusions that what *I* want and what the *company* wants are two different things.