Just saying hi from the Magic

Trumpster

Just chiming in my .02 cents. We did the 3 day Magic cruise last week and had a wonderful time! :) YMMV... (But, honestly, we had our reservations... This was our first return to a Carnival cruise in 6 years & have cruised Royal since then.) We did not experience any long lines, longest wait was for pizza, maybe 15 minutes. They seemed to have a tough time keeping up with demand. We tried it all - the buffet, Guy's Burgers, Blue Iguana for breakfast & lunch, Mongolian wok, Deli, BBQ lunch -hubby was one of the first 10 or so in line on BBQ day! Everything was wonderful, :) but we we do usually plan our meals around going at non-peak serving times to avoid crowds. Naturally, if you wait to hit breakfast & lunch places at 9am or 12:30 it will be a bit more crowded. We loved the Magic, the food and her crew were both outstanding. We will be sailing on her again in the future. Glad to have another great cruise choice out of Port Canaveral.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This was more our experience. The 7 day has been better.

Also I was first in the bbq line! ;)

Edited by Trumpster

Just chiming in my .02 cents. We did the 3 day Magic cruise last week and had a wonderful time! :) YMMV... (But, honestly, we had our reservations... This was our first return to a Carnival cruise in 6 years & have cruised Royal since then.) We did not experience any long lines, longest wait was for pizza, maybe 15 minutes. They seemed to have a tough time keeping up with demand. We tried it all - the buffet, Guy's Burgers, Blue Iguana for breakfast & lunch, Mongolian wok, Deli, BBQ lunch -hubby was one of the first 10 or so in line on BBQ day! Everything was wonderful, :) but we we do usually plan our meals around going at non-peak serving times to avoid crowds. Naturally, if you wait to hit breakfast & lunch places at 9am or 12:30 it will be a bit more crowded. We loved the Magic, the food and her crew were both outstanding. We will be sailing on her again in the future. Glad to have another great cruise choice out of Port Canaveral.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for your .02! :)

Did you go to any of the shows in the main theater? I really enjoy a good dance show.

Actually no, we did watch a little of the 3 day final show.

We did one comedy, he was funny. As I drank my ting mojito he actually got funnier. ;)

Hi on the last sea day.

Coming home tomorrow from 10 great days, a few minor issues with noisy neighbors and we all got a little to kissed by the sun on grand turk.

Cruise has been great so far. Did 2nd suess breakfast today, going for some red frog pub wings and tandoor soon. Tea this afternoon. All is good!

Just walked around San Juan, cathedral and historic sites.

Ate at choco restaurant, overpriced and nothing special.

Glad you had a wonderful cruise, we are leaving in half hour to Pt. Canaveral for ours. Thank you for all the information.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise. Only 50 days left til my turn on her. Can't wait hear your thoughts.

As we discussed earlier, if you could please try and get the fun times n menus if you can. I ask for the menus so I can make my reservations for the steakhouse. I know how much you like to eat there and so do I when the dining room food isn't up to my taste.

If you can't scan them n post here, I am more than happy to send you a self addressed stamped envelope and I can scan and post them for future cruisers. Thank you!!

Again, have fun!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by kpatrick74

I hope you have a wonderful cruise. Only 50 days left til my turn on her. Can't wait hear your thoughts.

As we discussed earlier, if you could please try and get the fun times n menus if you can. I ask for the menus so I can make my reservations for the steakhouse. I know how much you like to eat there and so do I when the dining room food isn't up to my taste.

If you can't scan them n post here, I am more than happy to send you a self addressed stamped envelope and I can scan and post them for future cruisers. Thank you!!

Again, have fun!!!!

It would be nice of her to provide those.

What was the struggle here? We are thinking about this. Are these rooms smaller than typical interiors for 4?

Nope, just two small for us 4.

We aren't big but the room is small and box light.

Might have been better if the main bed was separate, little walking room, changing was a pain and watch your head on those upper bunks unless you're a oompa loompa.

Not for us.

It would be nice of her to provide those.

I have the funtimes but did not get the menu's sorry.

Oddly Wednesday was the second elegant night.

When I get home I will try to post them.

Just finished tandoor and choclate extravaganza, so a bit stuffed.

I have the funtimes but did not get the menu's sorry.

Oddly Wednesday was the second elegant night.

When I get home I will try to post them.

Just finished tandoor and choclate extravaganza, so a bit stuffed.

Thank you Trumpster. I'm looking for Western itinerary though. I think you did Eastern. I'll be looking for yours too; they'll be similar. Nice of you to post for the future cruisers since this was the first time for this itinerary out of PC on the Magic. Thank you!

Was Wednesday a sea day? Odd for sure.

Did you do assigned dining or YTD? If YTD, how were the wait times?

I appreciate your answering all of our questions these past two cruises you were on and it sounds like you've enjoyed it. Any big cons?

Edited by kpatrick74

Did YTD and there was always a 15-25 person line up prior to 5:45, it moved steadily, later I did see beepers being handed out as we were leaving.

Wait seemed minimum, but it was never walk right in that I saw.

Dinner took about 1:20 on average. Service was very good. No complaints.

Elegant dinner 1 took about 2 hours, but it was packed.

Another question about YTD. I just saw a review on another ship and they said they had to check in on deck 5 and then would go to deck 3 to eat.

Where do we check in n eat on the magic for YTD?

Edited by kpatrick74

Another question about YTD. I just saw a review on another ship and they said they had to check in on deck 5 and then would go to deck 3 to eat.

Where do we check in n eat on the magic for YTD?

At deck 3 entrance forward