Spring Break 2017

Thank you krazy4kruisin. That's the type of info I was hoping to find.

Off to see what other cruises I can find on Freedom class.:)

Don't forget some are home schooled. So there will always bechildren, but not as many. Just find a cruise you like and go for it

Went ahead and booked Navigator of the Seas, 9 night Southern Caribbean for March 3rd. Was the lowest price plus we'd rather not travel from New England in Jan or Feb. Pesky snow may get in the way.

Figure even if Spring Break is going strong, not that many will book a 9 night.

Thanks for all your help. :D

Went ahead and booked Navigator of the Seas, 9 night Southern Caribbean for March 3rd. Was the lowest price plus we'd rather not travel from New England in Jan or Feb. Pesky snow may get in the way.

Figure even if Spring Break is going strong, not that many will book a 9 night.

Thanks for all your help. :D

I think you will have an excellent cruise. We enjoy the Southern Caribbean stops very much.

Reading the whole thread could I conclude with that first week - 10 days of march wouldnt be that bad anyway? But best to start in february?

Girlfriend gets extra week off in march, so we might want to jump the pond and try the caribbean from Florida.

Reading the whole thread could I conclude with that first week - 10 days of march wouldnt be that bad anyway? But best to start in february?

Girlfriend gets extra week off in march, so we might want to jump the pond and try the caribbean from Florida.

If you can swing starting in February, that would be better.

March 13th-17th is the spring break for most K-12 schools in Oklahoma and Texas. Some colleges in these two states also have spring break this week. The rest of the colleges in OK and TX have spring break March 20-24th.

Mar 13 - 17 is also Ontario March Break week

Edited by LuCruise

• 2 weeks later...

2017 Spring Break for Broward County Fl (Fort Lauderdale) is April 10 - 14th.

We went on cruise for the kids spring break this year... in March 18-28th on Seranade of the Seas 10 day cruise. I was expecting to see A LOT of kids--- however, there were only 150 on the whole ship.

I think it depends on the itinerary..... the longer cruises tend to have less kids.

Another question before I book a Freedom of the Seas 8 day Eastern itinerary.

Can anyone tell me which weeks /months are for spring break 2017? We’re looking at all weeks in March and April.

Thank you:)

Spring break is between March and April. If you must avoid it, you're best off planning a cruise for September.

DH & I recently returned from a 7 day southern caribbean cruise last week of March. The only reason was to celebrate our anniversay & my birthday. Never again will we ever do that. The crowds, the airlines.....very unpleasant. Save yourself some frustration, go in February or May....

Actually, we're sailing on Oasis on Feb. 19, 2017 precisely BECAUSE that's the spring break week for my niece's high school. So even February is not necessarily "safe" from spring break crowds.

If you go in Feb avoid Presidents weekend since a lot of school districts have long weekends and parents will pull their kids out then too.

The Northeast schools are also off this ENTIRE week.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We are booked on the Apr 15 Freedom 8 night cruise and our Spring break is earlier.

I do agree that Easter being late, most schools that are late with their spring breaks will be the week leading up to Easter and not the week after...that would be very late and only a month out from Memorial day.

My other thought was it being an 8 night cruise, its alittle more expensive so that would factor in a lot of familys decisions.

Thanks for all the experienced input. What a great community of cruisers.:D

We are now thinking of either Feb 18th or the Mar 4th Freedom cruise. Was looking at Navigator 9 night Southern also. So many decisions just to relax. ;)

Partial to the Mar 4th cruise. It's the least expensive cruise week and according to Theme Cruise Finder, the 2017 DECADES OF ROCK & ROLL[emoji768] CRUISE. We're assuming the college crowd doesn't want a cruise filled with oldies singing oldies.

Can you tell I have a difficult time making decisions? :)

While in college I would of loved the decades of rock cruise and that was late 90's. I always disliked the modern pop music and stuck listening to classic rock and oldies, with the exception of a couple 80's rock bands I was always an old sole in a young body.

Here in the Chicago area, most of our spring breaks are the week before or the week after Easter. Easter next year is 4/16/17. We're sailing on Freedom with our (then) 9 year old on 4/15/17. I know there will be a ton of kids, but I'd rather have a lot of little kids than a lot of drunk college idiots. It is what it is, as we don't believe in missing school for vacations.

Our previous cruise was the last few days of April and the first few days of May. Spring break is over by then, and college kids don't generally want to miss school a week or two before finals. There was only 1 group of college-aged guys that we saw, who were apparently celebrating either a wedding or bachelor party, judging from the shirts they were wearing. Colleges generally end the 2nd weekend of May, so early May would be your best bet to avoid the college crowd.