Do they still give a discount for using Carnival cups?

travel33

Just off Splendor today and my wife bought one of those carnival tumbler cups at the coffee shop and her first drink from the coffee shop was free like an iced latte or anything from the coffee shop but it was only 1 free drink. After that it was regular price.

A few years ago, if you had purchased a Carnival fun cup, they would give you a discount on your next drinks if you took it back to have it refilled.

Was wondering if they were still doing that? TIA

I have a glass (think mason-looking "jar") with glass handle with Carnival's logo. Since it is not light and is breakable, I decided not to risk it-BUT always wondered if there was a discount on drinks I was missing...

I remember the DOD deal the OP is speaking of. Every day they had a different colored cup. if you bought it for 7.95, you could get refils for 4.95. or you could buy the drink at 5.95 in a regular cup.

They came in these cups plastic_carnival_cruise_line_cups_by_wildelf34-d9xepi9.jpg

not sure if they still do it, I get cheers so I don't get those cups.

I remember the DOD deal the OP is speaking of. Every day they had a different colored cup. if you bought it for 7.95, you could get refils for 4.95. or you could buy the drink at 5.95 in a regular cup.

They came in these cups plastic_carnival_cruise_line_cups_by_wildelf34-d9xepi9.jpg

If OP is talking about this then they no longer had it available in Feb on the Glory.

Yes, that was exactly what I was talking about!

Couldn't remember if they had it on my last cruise 2 years ago, but didn't think so.

Sad they don't have it anymore, as I love a good deal :D

Yes, that was exactly what I was talking about!

Couldn't remember if they had it on my last cruise 2 years ago, but didn't think so.

Sad they don't have it anymore, as I love a good deal :D

I remember them from years ago, I think my cruise in 2012 on Sensation was the first time I didnt see them, so its definitely been a few years.

Ahhhhh.... I love those cups. I think I have enough of them in a box somewhere to replenish an entire ship. :D:D:D

I have a couple of those at home and get FREE refills on my Rum and Diet Coke in my living room from the cutest bar tender (DH of course). LOL. It helps me feel like I am on vacation.

I don't think Carnival has those anymore. Its a shame, love those cups. They also make good souveniers. My sister in law does not drink but she is always using a wine glass, goblet or something fancy to drink out of. So I "bought" her one of those cups as a souvenier from our trip. Of course I had to drink the DOD that it came with because it does not travel well. :D

They never really advertised this program either. You either knew it existed or didn't.

Who knows if it just slipped from everyone memories. Many used to bring their cups back each cruise. Others used to buy every drink in a souvenir cup because they were told that was the bargain.

There's a bridge in New York......

I still have a couple of those coloured souvenir cups from our 2005 Inspiration cruise. But for several years after that they switched to using these clear ones:

DrinkOfTheDay.jpg

We have a bunch of these. In fact, my 10 yr-old is drinking some juice out of one right now.:) After many times through the dishwasher, they tend to get cloudy and crack, so my huge supply of them is dwindling, thank goodness (they take up a lot of space in the cabinet)!

But like the others, I haven't seen these onboard since about 2012.

• 8 months later...

Years and years ago CCL offered a glass mason shaped cup with a handle for a premium and refills were to be discounted. Hated the idea of lugging it in luggage if they failed to honor the offer.

Anyone remember those and ...do they work, discount-wise?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...

Thank you for all the pictures of those plastic cups, but that's not what I was asking about. Specifically, I was asking about glass as in breakable glass mason jar's with the handle that had the carnival logo on the left side of the handle. Does anyone know about that? I don'tcare about those stupid plastic cups. Specifically glass as in they break if you drop them, mason jars with the carnival logo on one side.

Sent from my iPad using Forums