Anthem of the Seas - 5-night Bermuda Inaugural - LIVE-ISH Blog!

Thank you so much for the compasses.

I hate to be a pain, but would you mind adding the afternoon/evening activity schedule for Day 2?

!! Thank you for catching that! Here's the missing page.

7D9C9EE3-C94B-412B-B926-15CD1748AC66_zpsepeb2bme.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thank you so much for those kind words, I'm flattered!

We did do all of those things that you mentioned on Day 1. Jitney to Horseshoe, cab from there to Hamilton, then ferry back to Dockyard. Day 2 we had every intention of doing Gibbs Hill Lighthouse and Crystal Caves, but after our time at Horseshoe we just decided to take the jitney right back there for the day! We cabbed back to Dockyard then went to the ClockTower Mall to do some shopping before being back onboard for departure. All-aboard was 4:30pm for a 5:00pm departure.

One thing to note is that the ship put the clocks forward 1 hour on the first sea day and went 1 hour back on the last sea day back to Bayonne.

Thanks! I'm not surprised that you went back. It is so beautiful we usually do two days out of the three but with only two days and some friends who have never been to Bermuda we would like to show them something else. Maybe we will just send them to Hamilton for a little while. We usually take the ferry to St. George on the middle day and walk to tobacco bay doing a little sightseeing along the way. I don't think there will be time for that on this trip. Two beach days for us sound perfect though!

Ship to curb in 20 minutes, waiting for a shuttle to Newark Penn Station now.

I'll answer more questions and start posting the compasses when I get on the train in a few hours.

Goodbye love. It hurts to leave but I'll be back someday!

0AD6D951-582D-44B1-BC50-B47EE3DDADDA_zpsoue76r35.jpg

It's an awful feeling. [emoji31] From going to bed knowing debarkation is inevitable...to walking away from your special home for the week. Crazy how attached we get!

Thanks for the review!

Kyle - Absolutely excellent review.

Do you recall if dining packages were available to purchase on board for the discount price?

Thanks!

Now that you mention it, I did not see information for purchasing a dining package anywhere on the ship. Our focus was on the complimentary restaurants, though, so we may just not have been looking hard for it.

Thank you everyone for the kind words. It was my first stab at a live blog and I had a lot of fun sharing my experience with fellow cruising/Royal/Anthem fans! Thank you for making this monumental cruise an even more special one for me!

We did not have to arrange ahead of time, just followed the signs for the taxi stand and they were in the same area. You do have to cross the street to get there, once you reach where the parking garage is.

Thanks!!! I'm going to copy this for the people traveling with me. Sounds like a great option for us.

Thank you everyone for the kind words. It was my first stab at a live blog and I had a lot of fun sharing my experience with fellow cruising/Royal/Anthem fans! Thank you for making this monumental cruise an even more special one for me!

Absolutely fantastic ... we loved sailing along with you ;)

And thanks so much for the compasses ... my planning-OCD is hitting overdrive :p

Hello, Great review & thanks for sharing this info, getting excited for our May 28 sailing. Can you tell me if there are house phones ( I am guessing each room has a phone) , but can you call from a Ship/"house" phone to your room phone and possibly leave a messages.

I noticed on the Compasses there is something called a "Silent Party" anyone know what that is?

Disco dancing with music through headphones. There are two different songs playing, and each person can choose the track they listen to. Funny to see people dancing (and singing) to different songs.

Hello, Great review & thanks for sharing this info, getting excited for our May 28 sailing. Can you tell me if there are house phones ( I am guessing each room has a phone) , but can you call from a Ship/"house" phone to your room phone and possibly leave a messages.

Yes, Anthem has cabin phones and house phones in the hallways (usually near the elevator/stair lobbies

CapitalKyle - I'm sorry to inform you but you are my new absolute best friend :D Thank you so much for doing this. We sail for Bermuda on the Anthem on 6/25. I now new have stuff to obsess over!

Kyle, you're the man! Two more quick questions:

1. Did you use a WOWBand on ship? If so, how was the experience?

2. Do you know if drinks at the Bionic Bar are included in the drink packages if under $12?