Wonderland dining

Hi all, I'm on Ovation in December and considering adding a reservation for wonderland. Can anyone tell me about the food? I'm not that picky but my husband doesn't eat any seafood so that sometimes limits our choices. I'm under the impression that you don't actually pick your menu you just get what they serve but is there at least an option to avoid seafood? Any help is appreciated.

Jenn

Hi all, I'm on Ovation in December and considering adding a reservation for wonderland. Can anyone tell me about the food? I'm not that picky but my husband doesn't eat any seafood so that sometimes limits our choices. I'm under the impression that you don't actually pick your menu you just get what they serve but is there at least an option to avoid seafood? Any help is appreciated.

Jenn

You DO get to pick what you want from the menu. It's easy to avoid the items with seafood (or keep them all to yourself! ;) )

You do get to select from the menu your server will make suggestions. Easy to avoid seafood so no worries.

But if he is generally picky he might not care for the food. I didn't but my kids loved it. I kind of knew that would happen and went in with the attitude to try it and see.

We did Wonderland on Anthem. The Menu completely confused us! So.....we told our waitress to bring what she thought was best. She asked about likes dislikes and food allergies. She was great - it was so much fun being surprised! and we had more food than we could handle.

Our waiter brought a variety of appetizers (that he chose) to share and then asked what entrees we wanted. We did share the entrees as well.

The waiter at the beginning explained the process, he also explained each of the dishes when they were delivered.

You could definitely state no fish or at a minimum he will know which ones are fish to avoid.

We enjoyed the experience.

We tried Wonderland on Quantum crossing from Bayonne to Barcelona.I enjoyed the food and the presentation! I am adventurous in my eating. How about an olive that melts in your mouth! If you need descriptions on the food items the waiters are well versed. My husband was not as delighted with the experience as I was and so when we were on the Anthem we did not go.

Of course food is a personal choice but if DH would give Wonderland a second chance, I'd go back!

We tried Wonderland on Anthem few weeks ago - the best culinary experience of the cruise. We had very knowledgeable waiter, seemed very passionate about food in general, who brought us the best choices, explained how dishes were prepared and how to eat, putting several items together to get the flavor intended. Total we had 17-18 items, still was a lot of food- most of them just a few bites - but boy they were delicious. If you are a "foodie" you will enjoy the concept. Most definitely recommended to try.

Come HUNGRY for this meal. As in like skip breakfast and lunch prior to dinner. If they choose for you, they over load you a bit with weird appetizers, that we didn't have much room for the pounds of meat they laid out before us. I'd like to do Wonderland again, but I want to be in control of it. :D

We did it in January on Anthem (30% off the first night). I don't eat shellfish (I do eat regular fish, however) and had no problem. Even if the small plates don't excite you, the entrees are huge enough that you will fill up on them, and desserts were great. I wasn't planning on going again when we're back in August (not that we did not enjoy it, just that it wouldn't be as unusual, especially for the price), but I signed up for the BOGO 2 night dining special where you eat at specialty restaurants the first 2 nights for $30 (total, not per night) and I hope to get back to Wonderland as part of that.

Edited by MisterBill99

Jenn

I thought I had the only husband who doesn't eat seafood, lol. Drives me insane he thinks he has an "allergy" to it. But there is no such thing.:D

Lol on DH and allergy. Mine just doesn't like it. I'm a huge shellfish fan and some fish I'm just picky about types of fish since I don't like the stuff that smells and tastes like seawater. Some people think that is good fish but me not so much. I'm willing to try anything once just maybe wait to tell me what it is until after I taste it haha. Hubby is adventurous to a point as is any type of meat or veggies. I really want him to like wonderland since its spendy to "try" it out. So far great info from everyone. Enough to convince me to give it a shot. Thanks for the help

Jenn

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We tried Wonderland on our cruise earlier this month and really enjoyed it. Some of the selections were really "out there," but fun and most were delicious.

We would go again, but for us, once a cruise was enough.

I thought I had the only husband who doesn't eat seafood, lol. Drives me insane he thinks he has an "allergy" to it. But there is no such thing.:D

Shellfish allergies most definitely exist. Maybe not an allergy to all fish, but definitely to shellfish.

In my case, I don't eat shellfish due to dietary reasons, and my wife doesn't eat most fin fish because she doesn't like it. But we told the waiter to bring 2 of everything anyway, and she just had 2 of the liquid lobster, etc.

We tried Wonderland on our cruise earlier this month and really enjoyed it. Some of the selections were really "out there," but fun and most were delicious.

We would go again, but for us, once a cruise was enough.

I agree with that, especially at the price. I would have skipped it this cruise if not for the $30 for 2 meals deal that I got.

Edited by MisterBill99

I signed up for the BOGO 2 night dining special where you eat at specialty restaurants the first 2 nights for $30 (total, not per night) and I hope to get back to Wonderland as part of that.

I'm happy to find this thread and I was wondering about Wonderland. I'm boarding on May 3 and have been considering booking.

MisterBill99 or anyone who knows, could you please tell me about this bogo 2 night for $30? I don't see that as an option online to book – the minimum is three nights for the dining packages and it is $80. Is that the promo that isn't around anymore or is this something you book after check-in? I know on Celebrity after we check in the restaurant desk often has offered us 50% off the first night dining.

With the mixed reviews I'm not sure if they would try it without a promotion. Thanks!

With the mixed reviews I'm not sure if they would try it without a promotion. Thanks!

In most cases, people who like it are those who are adventurous in their food choices. Clearly people who are into meat and potatoes and not willing to try new things are not going to enjoy it (similar to Qsine on Celebrity). In my case, I was able to get 30% off the first night (it was in the flyer they gave out when we boarded, 30% off all first night dining). I'm not sure I've heard of anyone getting 50% on Anthem.

In any event, it sounds like the BOGO offer is not being offered on Ovation.

Edited by MisterBill99

I'm disappointed about the dining discounts as I am booked for four dining venues for this trip. I think ovation for the holidays is going full price for everything.... I do wonder if maybe I should cancel and see what my options are once on board. I just hate worrying if I'll get the time/day I want if I wait.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I'm disappointed about the dining discounts as I am booked for four dining venues for this trip. I think ovation for the holidays is going full price for everything.... I do wonder if maybe I should cancel and see what my options are once on board. I just hate worrying if I'll get the time/day I want if I wait.

Is the 4 night package not available for your cruise? I just happened to notice that the BOGO first two night package says it is not available on holiday sailings, and the same wording is on the 4 night package.