Hairdryers/ flat iron on board

Sugarlift

Okay, I did ask this on the P&O Australia board but got no love :( so hopefully someone here might be able to shed some light on the subject for me??

I'm just wondering if I will be able to take my hair dryer and flat iron on board the Pacific Jewel??? I have thick hair so the hair dryer on board probably wont be suffice. I was able to on the Spirit back in 2013, just want to be sure I can on this cruise as well..

Also what about a power board?? Again, I got one on board the Spirit- it was brand new and still in the packaging, so if I do that again this cruise would it get through??

What would be the best way to get the items on board? In my checked-in luggage or carry on?

Okay, I did ask this on the P&O Australia board but got no love :( so hopefully someone here might be able to shed some light on the subject for me??

I'm just wondering if I will be able to take my hair dryer and flat iron on board the Pacific Jewel??? I have thick hair so the hair dryer on board probably wont be suffice. I was able to on the Spirit back in 2013, just want to be sure I can on this cruise as well..

Also what about a power board?? Again, I got one on board the Spirit- it was brand new and still in the packaging, so if I do that again this cruise would it get through??

What would be the best way to get the items on board? In my checked-in luggage or carry on?

You should have no trouble taking these with you onboard...I put them in my checked luggage...no need to lug them in your carryon. Just make sure the power strip you are going to take doesn't have a surge protector and this will be fine to take also.

The replies you've received about "flat irons" aren't what I expected. :confused:

So I'm guessing this is a language problem. ;)

To me a "flat iron" is used by the fairer sex (and very occasionally in dire emergency by blokes) to iron clothes.

That's a big no-no on cruise ships, the current drawn may exceed the wiring in the cabin leading to a popped fuse at best or a fire at worst.

But your replies are from experienced cruisers who know this. :confused:

So is your "flat iron" something to do with you ladies sitting at the dressing table for an hour-and-a-half sorting your barnet?

Intrigued.

JB :)

The replies you've received about "flat irons" aren't what I expected. :confused:

To me a "flat iron" is used by the fairer sex (and very occasionally in dire emergency by blokes) to iron clothes.

That's a big no-no on cruise ships, the current drawn may exceed the wiring in the cabin leading to a popped fuse at best or a fire at worst.

So is your "flat iron" something to do with you ladies sitting at the dressing table for an hour-and-a-half sorting your barnet?

Intrigued.

You Brits are hilarious! A flat-iron is a hair tool to straighten hair. Doesn't necessarily take very long. First you blow-dry hair, then you flat-iron hair.

But you are correct in that clothes irons are not allowed.

Ok, now go have a spot of tea :D

To me a "flat iron" is used by the fairer sex (and very occasionally in dire emergency by blokes) to iron clothes.JB :)

I see you don't do much ironing, JB! Flat irons were the small, cast iron ones used pre-electricity. We use steam irons nowadays!

Flat irons in American terminology are what we in the UK call hair straighteners.

Intrigued.

In a pinch, you can use a hair flat iron to crease or flatten wrinkles in clothes