excursions

Monroe1955

We are on the Royal Princess in October and was wondering if we have to prepay for any excursions we pick on the website. We are not able to pick yet but someone said on another website that you cannot pay at the end of your cruise, you have to prepay... any experience has it changed?

We are on the Royal Princess in October and was wondering if we have to prepay for any excursions we pick on the website. We are not able to pick yet but someone said on another website that you cannot pay at the end of your cruise, you have to prepay... any experience has it changed?

You can call Princess but I don't think you have to prepay for excursions. We never had to unless it has changed.

Tony

Except for the Alaska trial, You can choose the excursions you want and you are not required to prepay, but you should have that option. Typically you will find that when you arrive in your cabin your excursion tickets will be waiting for you (probably on the desk) and your on board account will have been charged for them. There is no pay at the end of the cruise option.

And ... Enjoy your cruise

This is what it says under my reserved excursions on the website.

"Pay Before You Sail, Or Pay Later Onboard

You have the option to pay for shore excursions in advance of your cruise. If you wait, we will add the charges to your onboard account which is settled at the end of the cruise."

NCL requires prepayment of excursions. :(

I have booked several excursions for my August cruise on the Emerald Princess. No prepayment.

I've been on cruises where ports were eliminated due to weather or sea conditions. Prepaying would mean making sure you receive credit for a missed excursion.

Independent tours don't require prepayment.

It's being tested on the Grand in Alaska this summer. It'll be evaluated and the decision made whether to make it a policy change by year's end.

While other lines require pre-payment for excursions, the difference is that Princess allows OBC to be combined plus they offer generous shareholder and military OBC. It's not unusual for a passenger to start their cruise with $400 or more in OBC. Currently, you can use OBC to pay for excursions. Requiring pre-payment would mean a huge policy change as most OBC is non-refundable. Far more than doing the same thing other lines do.

Based on my personal experience, I just "reserve" for the excursion(s) we want on cruise personalizer. I always check my onboard account and does not see any charges yet on 1st day.

Once our ticket is sent to our cabin without cancelling at date specified by the Shore Excursion Desk, around 2 days before if I remember right, I know I will already expect charges on my onboard account.