New to the haven

jpavlak

Appreciate the input. But having the AFT suite leaves us disjointed from the Haven bar. However, we could request if from the Butler every evening at X when we are getting ready for dinner.

Since we are on Deck 10, I could also just run down to deck 8 and hit up the Prime Meridian Bar, too.

Just an FYI. The UBP does not include room service or even Butler service. Some Butler's will get you a drink and not charge you, but just be aware that technically they are supposed to charge you for a drink delivered to the cabin.

Just a follow up on my Haven sundeck question:

Based on your experiences, do we still need to get to the Haven sundeck early to get a lounger? Even though we are early risers, we don't want to have to have to worry about finding loungers. If we didn't land in the Haven AFT room, we would have probably frequent Spice H2o but even with that you still need to make your way out there early to get a lounger. At the same time, being at the AFT, we are not that far away.

With the Haven sundeck and Haven pool is forward, assuming that there is not a 1:1 ration of loungers for Haven quests and seeing that we land in Miami at 10:00am and boarding the ship via the Haven entry/line is there any benefit (other than the limited amount of guests) of trying for Vibe passes or do you think we would even have a shot at getting them? We just don't want to worry about getting a lounger outside regardless of the time of day.

I sort of feel like I am answering my own question but I'd like to hear from those who have lived it.

If you have your heart set on Vibe 10 am landing might be too late to get them even with Haven boarding. You should contact the pre concierge and see what they say. Some people don't like the idea of Haven guests getting Vibe but I see the draw. More like a group of friends and no kids. Most kids are well behaved but it only take 1 little Damon running around yelling to ruin everyone's experience. JMO but you will find more kids inside around the pool and hot tubs than longing on the sun deck.

Just an FYI. The UBP does not include room service or even Butler service. Some Butler's will get you a drink and not charge you, but just be aware that technically they are supposed to charge you for a drink delivered to the cabin.

Thank you goldmom.

Yes we are aware that room service for drinks are not included, but it is nice to know that there may be a chance pending on the butler. Worst case I can always make friends with the bartenders at the closest bar to the AFT.

If you have your heart set on Vibe 10 am landing might be too late to get them even with Haven boarding. You should contact the pre concierge and see what they say. Some people don't like the idea of Haven guests getting Vibe but I see the draw. More like a group of friends and no kids. Most kids are well behaved but it only take 1 little Damon running around yelling to ruin everyone's experience. JMO but you will find more kids inside around the pool and hot tubs than longing on the sun deck.

Thanks Jenjer,

We're not really worried about kids, is more so the convenience and ease of finding a place to bake in the sun without the noise of main pool deck. We are generally up early, but who want to fight to grab a chair? We're on vacation trying to decompress, not get stressed about a lounger.

And I agree, I do feel that going after Vibe passes is "double dipping". I don't want to be that guy who gets a vibe pass and barely uses it. As long as the Haven sundeck has a place to layout, beverages are served and I can get into some kind of water like a hot tub, I think we'll be just fine!

When using the Concierge for making reservations, how early do you need to make reservations for dinners and shows? I am wondering if reservations need to be done before the sail date or risk restaurants and shows being booked.

When using the Concierge for making reservations, how early do you need to make reservations for dinners and shows? I am wondering if reservations need to be done before the sail date or risk restaurants and shows being booked.

For shows there is special seating for Haven guests, so you shouldn't have to worry too much about that. For the comedy club I've heard just stand in the "reservation" line and you'll be seated, but there is no Haven seating in that area.

For dinners only about 30% of the reservations are available to be pre-booked, the rest are available once you board. You could contact the pre-concierge prior to sailing. The only ones I'd be super-concerned about would be Teppanyaki and Le Bistro.

We did an upsell to the haven. What should I expect for perks that we won't get? We did however already have the beverage package AND specialty dining package. So we'll still have free drinks but it seems like we should be careful about any drinks that come from or ordered to the room (which is fine).

I keep reading about luggage tags.. One of the big reasons we were excited to upgrade is the priority embarkation. Are you saying it's possible that we all have to wait like everyone else? We upgraded for the perks of the haven.. Not just a better room. I know we don't get the extra promotions or the extra points etc, but I would hope things like being treated like royalty and boarding first are part of the upsell.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Based on your experiences, do we still need to get to the Haven sundeck early to get a lounger? Even though we are early risers, we don't want to have to have to worry about finding loungers. If we didn't land in the Haven AFT room, we would have probably frequent Spice H2o but even with that you still need to make your way out there early to get a lounger. At the same time, being at the AFT, we are not that far away.

With the Haven sundeck and Haven pool is forward, assuming that there is not a 1:1 ration of loungers for Haven quests and seeing that we land in Miami at 10:00am and boarding the ship via the Haven entry/line is there any benefit (other than the limited amount of guests) of trying for Vibe passes or do you think we would even have a shot at getting them? We just don't want to worry about getting a lounger outside regardless of the time of day.

I sort of feel like I am answering my own question but I'd like to hear from those who have lived it.

your concierge usually has some vibe pass so I would check with him first

I just did my first upsell to the Haven yesterday. When I spoke to the NCL agent, she told me to be sure to print out new luggage tags and that I would get priority embarkation. I checked my edocs and my new luggage tags were available yesterday right after making the switch.

We did an upsell to the haven. What should I expect for perks that we won't get? We did however already have the beverage package AND specialty dining package. So we'll still have free drinks but it seems like we should be careful about any drinks that come from or ordered to the room (which is fine).

I keep reading about luggage tags.. One of the big reasons we were excited to upgrade is the priority embarkation. Are you saying it's possible that we all have to wait like everyone else? We upgraded for the perks of the haven.. Not just a better room. I know we don't get the extra promotions or the extra points etc, but I would hope things like being treated like royalty and boarding first are part of the upsell.

Did and upsell as well and received my luggage tags about a week after the upsell. Since you got the UBP and SDP, the only "perks" you don't get from doing an upsell are the 250 minutes of internet and $50 per port shore excursion credit. Otherwise all haven guests are treated exactly the same.

. The drinks.. Can we get a drink anywhere and no matter what it be covered? Does the drink package include let's say a latte? I know the haven includes a nespresso machine in room but could I have the Butler get me fancy coffee or would a haven first with a beverage pkg still have to pay extra?

These are the T&Cs concerning the UBP:

"The Ultimate Beverage Package does not include room service, package sales, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated Super Premium brands (subject to change), bottled wine, mini bar purchases, bottled water, fresh squeezed juices, select Lavazza coffee beverages, energy drinks, vending machines, wine stations or spirits, cocktails, draft or bottled beer and glasses of wine over $15. One (1) beverage per person per transaction. Package can be used in all restaurants, lounges, bars and Great Stirrup Cay. Any items over $15 will receive an $15 discount and the guest will be charged the difference to their account. Ultimate Beverage Package is not available on the Pride of America."

Also, not a lot of money but worth noting so there are no suprises.... certain ports (both US and non-US) charge a local sales tax while the ship is docked.

I just did my first upsell to the Haven yesterday. When I spoke to the NCL agent, she told me to be sure to print out new luggage tags and that I would get priority embarkation. I checked my edocs and my new luggage tags were available yesterday right after making the switch.

I am sure printable luggage tags are available I didn't think they would mail you luggage tags but it looks like depending on how close to your sail date you are you might still get them mailed.

I was surprised to get my tags 49 days before my cruise.

Good to know, thanks!

The way things are looking based on doing a few mock bookings, our sailing has filled up. The Haven is sold out as wells as other various balcony cabins. Thus I'm starting to lean back to the Vibe decision. At this point its not a necessary, but we do like having options and if you know there are only x amount of seats for x amount of people, then there is some benefit. None the less, we'll have a great time, we always do!

If you don't get printed luggage tags mailed to you it wont matter. They will know by your room number that you are in Haven. If you want to hit the pool or get some sun immediately pack a swimsuit in your carry on. You will board and eat faster than your luggage will make it to your room most likely. Don't forget sunscreen (the mom in me :-) )

Just look for the Haven check in area to get priority embarkation. I am pretty sure in Miami its to the left as soon as you pass thru security. Will you be the first person on the ship? I have no idea but you will be one of the first people on ship. I think weddings and Haven all board at the same time.

All Haven guests are treated well no matter if they are in the Deluxe owners suite or Haven spa room. No matter if you booked Haven or are one of the lucky few who got a upsell.

Good to know, thanks!

The way things are looking based on doing a few mock bookings, our sailing has filled up. The Haven is sold out as wells as other various balcony cabins. Thus I'm starting to lean back to the Vibe decision. At this point its not a necessary, but we do like having options and if you know there are only x amount of seats for x amount of people, then there is some benefit. None the less, we'll have a great time, we always do!

There are hundreds of Haven passengers, and only 80 Vibe passes sold for all the thousands of passengers on the ship. This is bad advice to think that you merely need to ask the concierge for one, and he pulls it out of his pocket for you. I'd suggest trying to get one the traditional way first. If you fail, it's worth a shot to ask the concierge. If you ask the concierge first, then you run the risk that they will sell out while you're messing with him.

We sailed in a Haven Aft Penthouse on the Getaway in December of 2014. We went to the Haven Sundeck pretty much every day (except two port days) and never had a problem finding a lounger on the upper level of the sundeck (i.e. the level above the Haven pool). It did tend to get filled up on the pool level, although I don't know how early that occurred as we were never interested in staying there, just walking through. But, I can't recall a time when there were not loungers available somewhere on the sundeck. So, unless the no kids thing is really important to you, I wouldn't think the Vibe passes are necessary.

We spent almost all our time on the upper deck all the way forward (the smoking section of the sundeck) and never lacked for wait service to get us drinks and had a steady stream of folks bringing by cold washclothes, fruit skewers, and a refreshing water spritzer. The only reason we ever had to get up was to use the restroom.

Also, since you've mentioned being away from the Haven, I can also say that I never found it to be that big of a deal. The butler was still quite good. We had breakfast in the room a lot, but that was less about not being in the Haven than just wanting to enjoy a more leisurely morning. It's a bit of a trek to the Haven, but not anything THAT bad. We would just take a beach bag with necessities with us and spend the day.

It was a great situation and we ended up using the Haven so much (and our massive balcony so little) that we booked a Forward PH for the Escape. The balcony is much smaller (and we have a hull one at that) but the price difference was worth it simply because we spent so little time out there on the last trip.

Thanks Jenjer,

We're not really worried about kids, is more so the convenience and ease of finding a place to bake in the sun without the noise of main pool deck. We are generally up early, but who want to fight to grab a chair? We're on vacation trying to decompress, not get stressed about a lounger.

And I agree, I do feel that going after Vibe passes is "double dipping". I don't want to be that guy who gets a vibe pass and barely uses it. As long as the Haven sundeck has a place to layout, beverages are served and I can get into some kind of water like a hot tub, I think we'll be just fine!

Our biggest problem is that even the haven had inconsiderate people. On my sailing we had an extended family group (2 grandparents, 2 parents, 3 kids) take a cabana, 4 poolside chairs, and all 6 of the pool loungers. They held them all day with stuff, the group came and went but rarely was the entire group together needing all of that seating. I definitely saw other groups saving not sitting in sears but there were plenty of loungers upstairs in the shade.

Our biggest problem is that even the haven had inconsiderate people. On my sailing we had an extended family group (2 grandparents, 2 parents, 3 kids) take a cabana, 4 poolside chairs, and all 6 of the pool loungers. They held them all day with stuff, the group came and went but rarely was the entire group together needing all of that seating. I definitely saw other groups saving not sitting in sears but there were plenty of loungers upstairs in the shade.

We had some of those too - on the Escape last February.

On a sea day one Haven couple brought 2 other non-haven couples to the sun deck. They were using chairs and the hot tub - preventing true Haven guests from having space on the sun deck. :(

Sadly even when it was identified by staff - as they tried to use their regular cabin card to purchase a drink - NOTHING was done. They were told "you shouldn't even be here" - but they were not asked to leave their drinks were delivered anyway! :eek: