Dawn Princess pre Handover

So far so good. Just off her a week back and she was in good condition.

Loved the new Italian pastry shop they've set up at the back of the buffet.

Thanks.

Heard some bad things about some other ships pre handover and watching a cruise in Dawn.

We did two weeks in February on Dawn. It's been some years since we travelled on her but I though she was in great order, being well looked after. The only thing I noticed was she creaked and groaned a bit more this trip, like we all tend to do as we age. If Billy London is still the CD, he gets things hopping entertainment wise too.

Steve.

She was in great condition in Feb,maintenance being done everyday,im sure seeing that carnival,owns both P and No and princess,that the transition will be

smooth.

What intrigues me is do the staff get contracts with the new line,or get offered other contracts on other ships in the princess fleet.I figure a combination of both.

Does she go into dry-dock and does horizons get revamped into new buffet ala P and No buffet,or does she just get new signage.

Not only horizons but all the bars etc,etc.

Sad to see her go,i guess the Sea will be next,then the Sun.

Thanks.

Heard some bad things about some other ships pre handover and watching a cruise in Dawn.

She is staying within the same family , so I guess things will just carry on as per normal.

She will be going in to dry dock as P & O have plans to alter her quite a bit. P & O will indeed put in many extra money making areas and they are planning to have their Pantry up at Horizons, probably with a toll box at the door! :eek: As for the staff, we were on Pacific Eden's "first" cruise, the less said about that the better, and only very few staff stayed with the ship. Seemed like all the maintenance people were new and that didn't help with the numerous issues at all.

From what I have seen, it seems the US maintenance schedules are not as good as ours as they ships usually are in pretty poor nick when they arrive down under.

Steve.

Thanks all, I was hoping that because she was going to P&O they'd be taking care of her.

Now where to get the money and get Mrs a Gut a week off work?:confused::confused:

She was in great condition in Feb,maintenance being done everyday,im sure seeing that carnival,owns both P and No and princess,that the transition will be

smooth.

The handover from HAL, which is also Carnival, to P&O for Aria and Eden wasn't so smooth, with unexpected issues.

But as these are both Carnival Australia, they have more of an interest to not let things slip.

She is staying within the same family , so I guess things will just carry on as per normal.

Well sort of shes going over the hill so to speak,to those poorer cousins.

If i can make an example,a rather nice example,when we used to go on holiday,family,mum,dad and kids we couldnt afford Orewa,so we stayed over the hill at hatfields in a bach,we only went to orewa for the mini golf,and marineworld i think it was called,just left of the first bridge entering orewa.We also went for the Fish and Chips and would eat them,just in the little inlet,before going up over the hill to Hatfields.Of course we spent alot of time,with piggy muldoon,who used to take his hols there,and i must say he was a lovely man,esp to us kids,mum and dad would shoo us away,but he didn't seem to mind.Then we would race down to the bridge,with our baitcathers,or a bit of xmas ham rind,on a hook and catch sprats for bait for dad.Holy hell the size we used to catch,nowdays you would eat them.Ahhh memories,i laugh i was the biggest tom boy,up to my armpits in blood and guts and doing all the boys stuff,mum and dad could never get used to that one lol.

Well sort of shes going over the hill so to speak,to those poorer cousins.

If i can make an example,a rather nice example,when we used to go on holiday,family,mum,dad and kids we couldnt afford Orewa,so we stayed over the hill at hatfields in a bach,we only went to orewa for the mini golf,and marineworld i think it was called,just left of the first bridge entering orewa.We also went for the Fish and Chips and would eat them,just in the little inlet,before going up over the hill to Hatfields.Of course we spent alot of time,with piggy muldoon,who used to take his hols there,and i must say he was a lovely man,esp to us kids,mum and dad would shoo us away,but he didn't seem to mind.Then we would race down to the bridge,with our baitcathers,or a bit of xmas ham rind,on a hook and catch sprats for bait for dad.Holy hell the size we used to catch,nowdays you would eat them.Ahhh memories,i laugh i was the biggest tom boy,up to my armpits in blood and guts and doing all the boys stuff,mum and dad could never get used to that one lol.

No bach's in Hatfields now....suburbia through and through. Become very desirable now that the highway skirts around the back ,Orewa to Puhoi, on the new Toll Way.

Heres a pic from a Real Estate site taken from Hatfields looking over to the hill at Waiwera.

471684735.jpg

The new P&O programme was released to agents yesterday, and the changes they have in store for Pacific Dawn (dry dock in March 2017) and Pacific Explorer (Dawn Princess), look very exciting!

Dawn was my first cruise in 2011. This thread got me thinking I should do a last cruise on her, before handover. So ......... Booked a 5 day cruise to Tassie in November :). Ta!

Dawn was my first cruise in 2011. This thread got me thinking I should do a last cruise on her, before handover. So ......... Booked a 5 day cruise to Tassie in November :). Ta!

That's the one I'm thinking about if Mrs Gut can get a few days off.