Once a Day Room Cleaning on Carnival?

Oh my gosh, I had no clue what that was for. I feel like an idiot. 11 cruises later, I keep learning. HAHA.....thank you.

I haven't noticed either on my 26 Carnival cruises! That's why I love CC--learn something new every day.

To me once a day begins to more closely resemble a Motel 6 and no towel animal.

Edited by crusinpsychRN

how many people at home service their room and bathroom 2 times a day

This might be the stupidest post I've ever seen on cruise critic. I go on cruise vacations to do EXACTLY what I don't do at home. There are about 100 things that happen on a cruise that are different from my daily grind. I hope that maybe you are kidding, or possibly trolling.

Edited by missholly24

haha I like this answer. I wish I had a form. My cabin steward asked verbally "WHICH one would you like". :confused:

and you should have verbally replied "both"

i still cant get over this whole discussion. and it does show me that everyone who cruised before feels the same..and knows what to expect. so glad to know the cruise on the breakaway where people didn't even have their room cleaned for a few days and no towel animals ect. truly is NOT the norm. as nothing else on that sailing was either hopefully.thing is one ncl lady even admitted cruises have people from all over and they touch things. and that germs spread.. so i bet the lack of cleaning in rooms was also the same in halls.ect. as in our group alone, 5 people became very ill( 2 spent several nights in the hospital, 8 nights and 7 nights.)ect.

so i am learning from experience and you guys.. no matter what have room cleaned.. forget those who say not to...

haha I like this answer. I wish I had a form. My cabin steward asked verbally "WHICH one would you like". :confused:

I also would have said "both" and I will do that on any upcoming cruise in which they want to make you choose either or. Nope, I don't think so. They can try that with new cruisers but not me, I like having my room serviced twice a day. Period. If other people don't, that's your preference, but after 5 cruises I will admit that I have come to like it.

And the comment about how you clean at home is completely irrelevant because I would NOT be at home but on a cruise vacation! I don't have ready made food 24/7, entertainment a short walk away, and access to Caribbean ports at home, so you really can't compare home to a cruise. I also do not share a small living space with my family of 4 for an entire week at home either, which makes the twice a day cleanings even more helpful for me.

I also would have said "both" and I will do that on any upcoming cruise in which they want to make you choose either or. Nope, I don't think so. They can try that with new cruisers but not me, I like having my room serviced twice a day. Period. If other people don't, that's your preference, but after 5 cruises I will admit that I have come to like it.

And the comment about how you clean at home is completely irrelevant because I would NOT be at home but on a cruise vacation! I don't have ready made food 24/7, entertainment a short walk away, and access to Caribbean ports at home, so you really can't compare home to a cruise. I also do not share a small living space with my family of 4 for an entire week at home either, which makes the twice a day cleanings even more helpful for me.

you know I hadn't thought about it much but I was on the Dream and they only offered morning or evening but nothing was said about both.

The steward apologized but said it was because he had more rooms to take care of and honestly he seemed a little overwhelmed.and honestly it bothered me very little except for the towels.

There was IMNO far less interacting with the stewards now then it was say 5 years ago. the steward would greet you by name and honestly you could always find one if you need one. but now they are very busy and I feel bad disturbing them because it seems like they are overwhelmed by the sheer amount of work in front of them.

However I am booked on the Ecstasy in September and they have raised their rates for the tipping again. I believe its up to 16.00 per person almost double what it was a few years ago. and I have to admit if they only offer half the service it will bother me.

that being said I completely agree these people work very hard and deserve their tips. but it can be hard to rationalize paying almost double the tips <10pp to 16pp >for less service.

I would like them to institute a " discount " or something like that.

IE; if you pay 15pp you get once a day and if you pay a little more you get a little more..

I completely understand cost cutting for profitability but you cant keep cutting while at the same time raising prices...

I would like them to institute a " discount " or something like that.

IE; if you pay 15pp you get once a day and if you pay a little more you get a little more..

I completely understand cost cutting for profitability but you cant keep cutting while at the same time raising prices...

makes sense!!!

Their ultimate plan is new cruisers will have no clue they can get both and so will pick one or the other and than they will tell us that the majority of cruisers want one so they are giving us what we want.

Hmmmmmm. Sounds familiar. Kind of like the Past Cruiser's Party, and the Gold VIFP drink coupon.

and you should have verbally replied "both"

i still cant get over this whole discussion. and it does show me that everyone who cruised before feels the same..and knows what to expect. so glad to know the cruise on the breakaway where people didn't even have their room cleaned for a few days and no towel animals ect. truly is NOT the norm. as nothing else on that sailing was either hopefully.thing is one ncl lady even admitted cruises have people from all over and they touch things. and that germs spread.. so i bet the lack of cleaning in rooms was also the same in halls.ect. as in our group alone, 5 people became very ill( 2 spent several nights in the hospital, 8 nights and 7 nights.)ect.

so i am learning from experience and you guys.. no matter what have room cleaned.. forget those who say not to...

When someone asks me "which ONE would you like". Both is not an appropriate response. Things change on cruises all the time. The experience is completely different from 10 years ago when I started cruising. I would also like a table cloth, but we all want things.

I hope the second half isn't directed towards me because that is exactly what I was saying. The individual commented "how many times a day do I service my house". I agree that is completely irrelevant. I am a kind and polite individual and asking a room steward to do twice was hard for me when that clearly wasn't the offer anymore. His rooms "nearly doubled" he said since the switch. I did halfway through ask him to change to twice daily for several reasons and I subsequently doubled his tips. $40 dollars is nothing for me and it gave me piece of mind.

When someone asks me "which ONE would you like". Both is not an appropriate response. Things change on cruises all the time. The experience is completely different from 10 years ago when I started cruising. I would also like a table cloth, but we all want things.

People on social media are reporting they are being told one or the other on Victory, Dream, and Ecstasy. Others on the Dream say they are not being asked and are getting 2x service.

It seems like they reduced the number of stewards and some are truly overloaded now so they are trying to tell guests they can only have one or the other even though the company back tracked from that position.

I feel bad for the stewards. No win situation for them. More work, less resources, and ticking off guests.

All I need are the towels changed out twice a day if we shower twice a day. At home I use a fresh towel after each shower so no I am not going to use a soggy wet towel on a cruise I am paying to go on. I keep our room clean, I even make the bed, all they ever have to do is turn it down, change the towels and empty any trash.

Our room shouldn't take them more than 5 minutes, because nothing is left out of place. The rooms are far too small to leave cluttered. We've had our stewards laugh and tell us, when I come in I have nothing to do.

This time I will be taking the girls with me so not only will I want twice a day fresh towels I will need DDs bed set up at night and put away in the morning, not sure if the room will have a sofa bed or pull down, haven't looked yet. I guess I have to choose twice a day service to get those things even though I really don't need a morning service.

I just got back from the Pride. Going in, I thought I only wanted evening turn down and that I would really miss the tablecloths. But the opposite is what happened.

Tablecloths didnt distract or impact my cruise experience whatsoever.

Whereas I really did like my room serviced twice a day (bed made, towels replenished) when we can back to shower and dress for dinner. Plus I really enjoyed coming back to a room at the end of the night with the lights down low, the bed turned down, the towels replenished and of course my towel animal! I really would have missed "both" morning and evening service.

For those of you who are going on an upcoming cruise please dont hesitate to tell your steward that you want both. Had I been asked I would have just said evening and been a little disappointed (coming back to unmade bed and having to call for clean towels). I was lucky I wasnt in my room when he came by the first day (they do ask on the pride) and he ended up servicing us 2X the whole week.

All I need are the towels changed out twice a day if we shower twice a day. At home I use a fresh towel after each shower so no I am not going to use a soggy wet towel on a cruise I am paying to go on. I keep our room clean, I even make the bed, all they ever have to do is turn it down, change the towels and empty any trash.

Our room shouldn't take them more than 5 minutes, because nothing is left out of place. The rooms are far too small to leave cluttered. We've had our stewards laugh and tell us, when I come in I have nothing to do.

This time I will be taking the girls with me so not only will I want twice a day fresh towels I will need DDs bed set up at night and put away in the morning, not sure if the room will have a sofa bed or pull down, haven't looked yet. I guess I have to choose twice a day service to get those things even though I really don't need a morning service.

I have to laugh because I too make my bed when we get up. Our steward tho came behind me and tucked in and situated my pillows just so. Im not sure why (as we made sure the shower curtain was inside and all around) but after taking a shower our floor was sopping wet. We used our towels to mop up the floor so there was no re-using of towels. So I am glad we had service twice a day.

I just got off the Inspiration this morning. Not only was the service cheerfully performed twice a day, there was no questionnaire asking if I preferred once or twice that has been mentioned on cruise critic. Nor were we asked. It was the same great service I have always received from Carnival.

The Inspiration is not a test ship.

Hmmmmmm. Sounds familiar. Kind of like the Past Cruiser's Party, and the Gold VIFP drink coupon.

Of all those free drink parties. Nt hey used to lead you to believe you had to take something off the tray they were walking around with, when you could order any drink.

We eventually just learned to sit right at the bar.