What is your favorite itinerary and why?

SpeedsterX

Getting ready to take our second cruise with this itinerary. 2014 on Liberty & this summer on the newly renovated Valor! :D Excited about the ship (Liberty already had the upgrades so we know what to expect) but the itinerary was awesome as it allowed extra sea days. I love the sea days! This 8-day tour has 3 stops: Aruba, Curacao, & Grand Turk.

In general, or in the Caribbean/Bahamas region? If it's in the Caribbean specifically, Southern itineraries from San Juan beat anything from Florida. You really get a true feel for what the Caribbean is about, and San Juan as an embarkation point is phenomenal.

Personally, I find the Western and Eastern Caribbean itineraries to be a bit meh since many of the ports of call (like Roatan, Cozumel, Nassau, Amber Cove, Grand Turk. Labadee, the private islands, etc) are cookie cutter destinations fabricated by the cruise lines to appeal to American cruisers. On these itineraries, the destinations are second to the ship. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy these itineraries, but they are just not at the top of my list.

Outside of the Caribbean region, we found Alaska to be absolutely fantastic. We were in a state of awe from beginning to end!

Walking on that continent and seeing what the world might have looked like before humans became the dominant force was a thrill.

We love remote places and now mostly cruise in January to celebrate our anniversary and escape winter for 10 days.

I'm not sure if Carnival does this cruise, but our favorite was a Baltic cruise. Two days in St. Petersburg, Russia was fabulous. Talinn, Estonia was an unexpected treat. Stockholm and Oslo were fabulous ports. (Though we really did not have enough time in Stockholm. Also many Baltic cruises go to the port for Berlin instead of going to Oslo.) The other ports were Helsinki and Gdynia as the port for Gdansk, Poland. The cruise was a round trip to and from Copenhagen where we spent some time.

We also celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary on board (on the day we were in Poland.) That too made it special.

loved going to Puerto Rico, St Thomas and St Croix... But:

Since we choose to no longer fly to ports, we exclusively do Mexican Riviera.

The ports are not whats important, but now that DD is able, we go zip lining, para sailing etc.

Wish the snorkeling could be any where near the beauty of Carribbean, the money saved by not flying allows more activities in port.

Wish Celebrity would start this itinerart again.

Or Disney were more affordable, but..

We have done Splendor, Spirit and Miracle, so nice Carnival variety.

Did Princess, but not fun for 16 yr old daughter.

So, answer is Mexican Riviera , and like others, love sea days, and staying onboard on certain port days

Blessings to all

We like Sea Days... so any 7 or 8 day cruise with just three islands and the rest Sea Days.

Our recent fav has been Grand Turk, Curacao, LaRomana and Aruba.. we want to do that one again!!....

For me, nothing beats that San Juan itinerary. Both transatlantic and Panama Canal cruises are still on the bucket list though.

I would love to retire to Puerto Rico. I love it there. Maybe by then they will get their bailout. :-)

Edited by Steve Dore