Mixing Interline and Regular Passengers in 1 Cabin?

Griller

Does anyone know if I can book one regular passenger with all sorts of OBC entitlement ( Military Stockholder Future Cruise Captains Circle Loyalty) and one interline passenger in the same cabin on the same cruise? With the regular passenger getting the OBC and perks but paying the regular fare, and the Interline passenger paying the lesser Interline price and consequently not getting any OBC.

Ummm, could you help this good ole country boy out and explain what an Interline passenger Is?

Thanks

Bob

Mostly airline employee rates. May include other industries.

I am guessing both need to be booked under interline or other, not mixed. Though purely a guess. I have friends who have booked interline and they both pay interline rates.

Edited by Coral

Who ever shares a cabin with a pax that has a lot of OBC has no impact on the OBC laden pax. The only question is if Princess will allow an interline discount on that particular cruise and room type.

To explain more - this particular cruise has a published Interline rate - my friend qualifies for this rate but does not qualify for any OBC if she books at regular rate. I get so much OBC that the regular rate is cheaper overall for me than the Interline rate by $$$.

So I wondered if I can book at regular rate, get my OBC, while my friend is booked in the same cabin at Interline rate.

Interline rates are sometimes very cheap, but I find quite often that the drop and go rate with OBC works out better for me.

You might ask why we want to share the cabin and make life difficult with bookings? To avoid paying 200% each for cruising solo in a cabin.

Somehow I think this is such an unusual question that I might have to email Princess about it for an answer, something I rarely resort to.

Who ever shares a cabin with a pax that has a lot of OBC has no impact on the OBC laden pax. The only question is if Princess will allow an interline discount on that particular cruise and room type.

I don't know that this is correct in every case - for example 2 stockholders sharing a cabin - only one gets the OBC.

Two military each get the OBC though. Two FCD each get it. Two CC each get their respective loyalty OBC at their level, but only one Elite minibar between you.

To explain more - this particular cruise has a published Interline rate - my friend qualifies for this rate but does not qualify for any OBC if she books at regular rate. I get so much OBC that the regular rate is cheaper overall for me than the Interline rate by $$$.

I qualified for a different, lower rate previously --similar to interline. Ironically, I never ended up using it. In this situation, we both had to use the same rate in the cabin. This rate would also give me a "blue card".

By the time my travel agent discounted the cabin and I received OBC and Elite benefits, it wasn't worth it for me.

Thus, based on my experience, I think you both need to be the same rate code in the cabin, or as another person explained, if one person qualifies for interline, the whole cabin gets that rate. You may find it cheaper (like I did) to go the other direction. You will have to check it both ways.

Edited by Coral

Two CC each get their respective loyalty OBC at their level

I think it is rare that both get their loyalty OBC. I have heard if they have different last names. This is not my experience.

I guess it is one of those things about being thankful for OBC as it can easily go bye-bye.

Edited by Coral

I know that if there is 1 interline person in cabin then everyone else in cabin also is eligible for Interline fare. Interline person is airline employee and their immediate family (spouse, children). I just booked my sister in law in cabin with my daughter. (I am the airline employee). I believe all in cabin are booked one way or the other but if you had perks like priority boarding based on your status with cruise line you would certainly receive them.

I believe all in cabin are booked one way or the other but if you had perks like priority boarding based on your status with cruise line you would certainly receive them.

As stated above interline passengers receive a blue first-timer's cruise card--negating any captains circle benefits--and are not eligible for the shareholder OBC nor most other perks.

If one in the cabin is using the interline rate then all must do the same.

As far as CC benefits: you get all the benefits except: no loyalty commend on board credit and no upgrade to platinum insurance. Also you cannot use the FCC to make the deposit.

So you do get your correct card color and all other perks.

As stated above interline passengers receive a blue first-timer's cruise card--negating any captains circle benefits--and are not eligible for the shareholder OBC nor most other perks.

That is incorrect, interlink passegers DO get loyal benefits, they only thing they don't get is the once after 21 cruises.

Yes! We just did. You just ask for what you want while booking. Ours was Mil, Stockholder, and OBC which was from previous Cruise. We don't want an upgrade, satisfied with balcony. We don't stay in the room long enough. We went thru an agent and just told her what we had. You may or may not have to show someone paperwork such as DD214. Interline is called that due to Interline between Airline and Ship Co and works just like when flying. Have been a AV Mech for years, a Pilot and a Disabled Mil Vet and a Stockholder in CCL.

Edited by WupperAV