cruises july 2017

hi we need some advice we would like to come to new york next july have four days their then do a two weeks cruise either around the caribean or america any ideas would help thanks

I'd do an Adventure back-to-back out of San Juan, to the Southern Caribbean.

Honestly, I would never waste my money or time to visit NYC. I have been to NYC hundreds of times. It is a dump and in the summer it is HOT, MUGGY AND SMELLY. It is truly awful. You have much better options. If you want to cruise in the Caribbean, take Bobs advice and cruise out of Puerto Rico or Florida. There are 5 great cruise ports in Florida with fabulous ships.

Edited by champagne123
nnnnnn

Honestly, I would never waste my money or time to visit NYC. I have been to NYC hundreds of times. It is a dump and in the summer it is HOT, MUGGY AND SMELLY. It is truly awful. You have much better options. If you want to cruise in the Caribbean, take Bobs advice and cruise out of Puerto Rico or Florida. There are 5 great cruise ports in Florida with fabulous ships.

I respect your opinion but I can't agree with this!! I spent 2 weeks in NYC in August 2014 and it was fabulous! Beautiful weather and we had plenty of time to spend at the parks, The Highline, Coney Island Boardwalk, we went to baseball games and explored this amazing city in the sunshine. It was definitely hot, less muggy than I expected and never smelly! We can't wait to go back for the 3rd time in 2018 when we plan to spend a week in NYC and then take an internal flight in order to cruise, most likely from Florida or Texas. I would like to cruise from New York but based on this/ next summers prices, the Anthem is overpriced (I sailed on it from Southampton and it was lovely but I prefer Voyager, Freedom or Oasis class) and also the itinerary doesn't do much for me. I'd rather take a flight, explore a new city for a night or two and then jump onboard!

I respect your opinion but I can't agree with this!! I spent 2 weeks in NYC in August 2014 and it was fabulous! Beautiful weather and we had plenty of time to spend at the parks, The Highline, Coney Island Boardwalk, we went to baseball games and explored this amazing city in the sunshine. It was definitely hot, less muggy than I expected and never smelly! We can't wait to go back for the 3rd time in 2018 when we plan to spend a week in NYC and then take an internal flight in order to cruise, most likely from Florida or Texas. I would like to cruise from New York but based on this/ next summers prices, the Anthem is overpriced (I sailed on it from Southampton and it was lovely but I prefer Voyager, Freedom or Oasis class) and also the itinerary doesn't do much for me. I'd rather take a flight, explore a new city for a night or two and then jump onboard!

And I respect your opinion....but I have been going into the city my whole life ...and it is a sh%^ h@%^. Stabbings, slashing, shooting EVERY day. Garbage...garbage and freaks. You are a foreigner and have been here twice on vacation. I cannot believe the foreigners here in the summer on Broadway taking pictures of crap. Why? I just read someones review of Dubai and was BLOWN away with the beauty and cleanliness. NYC is garbage and always will be.........

And I respect your opinion....but I have been going into the city my whole life ...and it is a sh%^ h@%^. Stabbings, slashing, shooting EVERY day. Garbage...garbage and freaks. You are a foreigner and have been here twice on vacation. I cannot believe the foreigners here in the summer on Broadway taking pictures of crap. Why? I just read someones review of Dubai and was BLOWN away with the beauty and cleanliness. NYC is garbage and always will be.........

OMG, I can't believe that you are doing this! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I can believe it. Saw other similar very negative and snarky comments by this poster on other threads. Guess this is where champagne comes to work out anger issues

:confused: Really? Where???? I am usually very nice...or try to be .....What are you talking about? If I have an opinion on NYC, than so be it. What is the problem? Do you have an Opinion about NY? If so....state it. I have to go there everyday. Not pleasant at all. You? Trying to help the OP. Anger issues? Hahaha...none whatsoever. Stating FACTS.

RCCL does not sail out of NY.

Yes I know that they sail out of Cape Liberty Cruise port Bayonne New Jersey.

The old Military Ocean Terminal AKA as MOTBY.

They said they were coming to New York not sailing out of there.

hi we need some advice we would like to come to new york next july have four days their then do a two weeks cruise either around the caribbean or america any ideas would help thanks

I'm not sure what you're actually asking? Recommendations for visiting NYC? Recommendations for cruise options out of the New York area? Recommendations for cruising in general from North America following a visit to NYC? All our options. The first belongs on the ports of call board.

Maybe you should go read the post.

PSA: If anyone is looking for a way to get champagne123 mad, we now know how to do it!

Very funny.... I apologized. I mis-read the post, if you go back and re-read. Get me mad? Lol....unless you bring up NYC, it isn't going to happen. Sorry....I guess I went overboard on the subject, but that is how much I hate it. If you can't live the experience on a day to day level, just watch the news.

Very funny.... I apologized. I mis-read the post, if you go back and re-read. Get me mad? Lol....unless you bring up NYC, it isn't going to happen. Sorry....I guess I went overboard on the subject, but that is how much I hate it. If you can't live the experience on a day to day level, just watch the news.

No, I don't live the experience on a day to day level, but I've been to NYC numerous times. I am familiar with crime. I live 20 minutes or so outside of Philadelphia and I am there often. There is similar news in Philly, but I love it there. It doesn't make it a terrible place. I would gladly go visit NYC at any time. My cousin also lived in NYC for a good 2 years. She loved it.

I am not bashing your opinion, I just found it a bit extreme.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

:confused: Really? Where???? I am usually very nice...or try to be .....What are you talking about? If I have an opinion on NYC, than so be it. What is the problem? Do you have an Opinion about NY? If so....state it. I have to go there everyday. Not pleasant at all. You? Trying to help the OP. Anger issues? Hahaha...none whatsoever. Stating FACTS.

I agree with you that you are usually very nice and I look forward to meeting you!

But PLEASE.............many people come to NY every year and are very happy tourists. I visit relatively often, not living that far away.

Please stop try to scare them off for some odd personal reason of yours.

No, I don't live the experience on a day to day level, but I've been to NYC numerous times. I am familiar with crime. I live 20 minutes or so outside of Philadelphia and I am there often. There is similar news. It doesn't make it a terrible place. I would gladly go visit NYC at any time. My cousin also lived in NYC for a good 2 years. She loved it.

I am not bashing your opinion, I just found it a bit extreme.

Yup, about 45 minutes from mmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. :)

I agree with you that you are usually very nice and I look forward to meeting you!

But PLEASE.............many people come to NY every year and are very happy tourists. I visit relatively often, not living that far away.

Please stop try to scare them off for some odd personal reason of yours.

You are right....and I apologize. I guess I should have just kept my opinion to myself. I see too much in NYC and always wonder why people want to visit here. (the most traveled city in the world) and it baffles me. Of course there are many places that are amazing in NYC to visit....it is just the things that go along with it that I cannot stand. I do love Broadway however....love the shows.:)