Best drinks you've found on ship "cheers" or no "cheers"

Love the Basil martini from Alchemy, and agree, a good dirty is fantastic - and must have blue cheese olives. :)

Ingredients for the Adios Mother F recipe : vodka. rum. tequila. gin. blue curacao liqueur. sweet and sour mix.

ha - never knew the 'official name.' DH and I were on the Legend way back when and he ordered a Long Island from the atrium bar. The bartender tells him, with her cute accent, 'you no want Long Island, you want MuthaF*****, it **** you up!" omg, we about died laughing. So professional looking and then that came out of her mouth. And yes, she was our go-to bartender for the rest of the trip. :D

Love the Basil martini from Alchemy, and agree, a good dirty is fantastic - and must have blue cheese olives. :)

ha - never knew the 'official name.' DH and I were on the Legend way back when and he ordered a Long Island from the atrium bar. The bartender tells him, with her cute accent, 'you no want Long Island, you want MuthaF*****, it **** you up!" omg, we about died laughing. So professional looking and then that came out of her mouth. And yes, she was our go-to bartender for the rest of the trip. :D

It's basically a Long Island with blue curacao instead of Coke. You can sub Chambord or Razzmatazz for the curacao and have a Grateful Dead. I used to tend bar and I HATED blue drinks. Because the first time that someone ordered a pretty blue drink everyone else suddenly wanted a pretty blue drink and most blue drinks are somewhat complicated.

I used to tend bar and I HATED blue drinks. Because the first time that someone ordered a pretty blue drink everyone else suddenly wanted a pretty blue drink and most blue drinks are somewhat complicated.

Haha that is so true. My fav drink on the cruise was the Twilight Zone - Pina colada mix with some blue curacao in it. It looked so neat. Multiple times I saw people ask the bartender what they just gave me and had multiple people asking me what drink is that.

Day 1: Funship is my first drink on-board.

AM: Usually a few spicy Bloody Mary's.

Lunch and Afternoon: If by the pool the Twilight Zone is my favorite frozen but yes the Chocolate Mocha Getaway is really good.

Dinner: Spicy Pineapple Chipotle Martini.

After Dinner: Anything from Alchemy.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Haha that is so true. My fav drink on the cruise was the Twilight Zone - Pina colada mix with some blue curacao in it. It looked so neat. Multiple times I saw people ask the bartender what they just gave me and had multiple people asking me what drink is that.

I think they put some Midori in the Twilight Zone as well.

I think they put some Midori in the Twilight Zone as well.

<puts on teacher hat> I'm not familiar with that particular drink, but I would suspect that it has something like rum in it too. Traditionally, cocktails have a base spirit (rum, vodka, tequila, gin, whiskey, or sometimes brandy) plus some complementing liqueurs (the flavored stuff, curacao, triple sec, vermouth, etc). Then you may or may not have a mixer to go with it.

My faves:

The Remedy from the Alchemy Bar

The Cruiser - served everywhere

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi Sharon ! Like you, my fav is The Cruiser too ! Ruby Tuesdays makes the same drink and call it the Ruby Relaxer !

Kelly :D

<puts on teacher hat> I'm not familiar with that particular drink, but I would suspect that it has something like rum in it too. Traditionally, cocktails have a base spirit (rum, vodka, tequila, gin, whiskey, or sometimes brandy) plus some complementing liqueurs (the flavored stuff, curacao, triple sec, vermouth, etc). Then you may or may not have a mixer to go with it.

You are correct a Twilight Zone is a Pina Colada (Rum) mixed with Midori melon liqueur and Blue Curacao.

TZ.jpg

What is a mocha chocolate getaway?

Ingredients:

3/4 oz Irish Cream

3/4 oz Dark Rum

1/4 oz Butescotch Schapps

1/4 oz Kahlua

2 1/2 oz Ice Cream Mix

Chocolate Syrup

Directions:

Line the inside of glass with chocolate syrup.

Combine all ingredients in blender. Blend with ice until smooth.

Top with whipped cream and a cherry.

I haven't really had a bad drink, and I just like trying whatever interests me on a given day. My go-to drinks are the Ultimate Margarita and The Cruiser which are found pretty much everywhere on the ship.

Also a fan of the rum punch and the mai tais. :p Found everywhere.

Are all the drinks available at any bar, or are some bar exclusive (other than the Alchemy bar drinks, that is).

For example, can I order a Twilight Zone anywhere, or do I have to find certain bars for that? And is there a place online with all the different options for any particular ship?

Are all the drinks available at any bar, or are some bar exclusive (other than the Alchemy bar drinks, that is).

For example, can I order a Twilight Zone anywhere, or do I have to find certain bars for that? And is there a place online with all the different options for any particular ship?

You can get the frozen drinks lounge the Twilight Zone at most bars, but don't go ask fir b one at Alchemy. They will more then likely give you a dirty look.

In my experience, there are a few drinks available at Blue Iguana and Red Frog that you cannot get anywhere else on the ship in addition to the Alchemy as you already mentioned. I've been able to get Classic Cocktails and frozen drinks like the Twilight Zone anywhere I've asked (never asked at Alchemy and never would.) I'm sure there are some more drinks that are exclusive to certain bars that hopefully someone else will be able to answer.

The Explore section on the Carnival website will show you all the features on a particular ship, or if you are looking for a particular feature you can pull it up and see which ships have it.