Best drinks you've found on ship "cheers" or no "cheers"

The Spicy Chipotle Pineapple Martini from the Alchemy Bar is by far my favorite drink on (or off) a Carnival ship. Mmmm.

Agreed! We came off our last cruise looking for the mixer!

I had this on a Princess cruise and I later learned it is also called an Espresso Martini:

Black Star Liner – 1 oz cold espresso, 1 ½ oz vodka, 1 ½ oz Kahlua, 1 oz white crème de cacao.

Pour ingredients into a shaker filled with ice and shake vigorously. Strain into a martini glass. On the Princess cruise the bartender had a star stencil he placed over the glass and he sprinkled on cocoa powder. Very impressive. I take this recipe with me on every cruise and usually the lobby bar has the espresso. No other ship has ever had the stencil :(and some have decorated the inside of the glass with chocolate syrup swirls.

Fru-fru drinks are the same just about anywhere. A lot if calories not a lot of alcohol. Nice around the pool IF it's really hot. I like any of the Long Island Teas. I think there's around 5/6 different types. All the same liquor with a different color. There's a Long Island Tea, Tokyo Tea, AMF Tea, Long Beach and the LA Tea are all I can remember. All YUMMY. And pack a wallop if you drink 4/5 over a short time. My hubby and I drink them all day and then if we have any drinks left on our Cheers we'll do To-Kill-Ya shots. (Tequila). 11 days till we board the Magic!!!

Whats the AMF? We do blue long island and Patron shots.

I'm going to guess but I think the mocha chocolate getaway my be the same drink as the chocolate banana monkeys we were drinking. Just a tad of pins colada mix. Chocolate suryp, banana. I asked for vodka because I'm not a fan of rum. With a cherry on top. One or two a holiday and its delish. Any more than that it's too much. My go to drinks are White Russian and peach schnapps and orange juice

I'm pretty new to the boards, so I don't know if we're allowed to reference any other sites, but one does give all of the mixed drinks, wines & beers and other spirits with some approximate pricing.

Here's a sample from the Alchemy Bar:

"THE REMEDY" (Gosling's Black Seal Rum, Cruzan Coconut Rum, Orange Juice, Pineapple, Lime Juice)

"FIERY TROPICAL PASSION MARTINI" (El Jimador Silver Tequila, Cointreau Rum, Spicy Mango Puree, Citrus)

"THE QUICK FIX" (Pernod Absinthe, Bacardi Rum, SKYY Vodka, Beefeater Gin, Midori Melon, Citrus)

"CARIBBEAN MANHATTAN" (Maker's Mark Bourbon, Cinzano Vermuth, Spiced Brown Sugar Syrup, Bitters)

"ALCHEMIST'S SIDECAR" (Courvoisier VS Cognac, Cointreau, Lime Juice, Simple Syrup)

"CURATIVE PEACH COSMOPOLITAN" (Absolut Citron Vodka, Peach Schnapps, Cranberry Juice, Citrus)

"RESTORATIVE BASIL DROP" (Finlandia Vodka, Basil, Simple Syrup, Citrus)

"RADICAL CURE" (Tanqueray Gin, Lavender, Lime Juice, Maraschino Liqueur)

"MOSCOW MULE" (Ketel One Vodka, Lime Juice, Ginger beer)

"AN APPLE A DAY MARTINI" (Van Gogh Vodka, Sour Apple Schnapps)

"MARTINI SEDUCTION" (Orange Vodka, Red Passion Fruit Nectar, Lime Juice)

"FRENCH KISS" (Sweet Cruzan Vanilla Rum, Chambord, Korbel, Lime)

"THE DEAL CLOSER" (Cruzan Vanilla Rum, Amaretto DiSaronno, Baileys, Dark Creme de Cacao, Chocolate)

"REVIVED UP MOJITO MARTINI" (Beefeater Gin, Cinzano Dry Vermouth, Simple Syrup, Lime Juice, Mint leaves)

"THE PERFECT STORM" (Captain Morgan Spiced Rum, Cruzan White Rum, Strawberry Puree, Rosemary Sprig, Lime)

"INVIGORATING MINT MARTINI" (Tanqueray Gin, Cinzano Dry Vermouth, Simple Syrup, Citrus, Mint leaves)

"SPICY CHIPOTLE PINEAPPLE MARTINI" (Finlandia Vodka, Chipotle Pineapple Syrup, Pineapple Juice, Simple Syrup, Mint leaves)

"FORTY IS THE NEW TWENTY" (Pama Pomegranate Liqueur, SKYY Vodka, Cranberry Juice, Citrus)

"CUCUMBER SUNRISE" (Absolut Vodka, Watermelon Nectar, Muddled Cucumber, Lime Juice, Orange Juice)

"THE YOUTHFUL & BOLD BERRITINI" (Finlandia Cranberry Vodka, St Germian Elderflower Liqueur, Strawberries, Lime Juice, Soda)

"THE ANTIOXIDANT" (Finlandia Mango Vodka, Aperol, Tangerine, Lime Juice, Orange Juice)

Wondering if they are actually worth the cost - if I am paying 8, 10 bucks for a drink, I'd like to feel a little buzz. A lot of restaurants around here have beverages not much different from drinking fruit juice - unless you order a beer or cocktail. Just wondering about the fru-fru drinks.

Skip the fru-fru! Try a Tiramisu Martini. 7 different liqueurs shaken together and no mix.

First drink when I get on board - Funship Special

a.m. with BI Juevos Rancheros for breakfast - Cruiser, Ting Mojito

out in the sun on deck - Twilight Zone, Chocolate Mocha Getaway, Miami Vice,

with lunch - Patron Margarita with BI tacos or burrito or Chocolate Shake from the coffee bar with a Guy's burger (no alcohol but soooo good)

from Alchemy when they are open - Cucumber Sunrise, Deal Closer (skip dessert, have this instead)

Those worried about getting bang for your buck should try the Long Beach. It is a Long Island but with cranberry juice instead of Coke. Delicious and only has a splash of juice so it is not overly sweet or nearly as high on the sugar intake. Talk about getting a buzz!!

Those worried about getting bang for your buck should try the Long Beach. It is a Long Island but with cranberry juice instead of Coke. Delicious and only has a splash of juice so it is not overly sweet or nearly as high on the sugar intake. Talk about getting a buzz!!

This sounds so yummy; I'm going to have to give it a try!

What is a mocha chocolate getaway?

I had one recently and when the lady was putting in the chocolate syrup the top came off and it got double syrup.

She asked me if I wanted her to remake it.

It was good!

Better actually