Wrigley80's Carnival Vista Inaugural Cruise 5/1/16 photo review

wrigley80

Awesome!!! I love the cone in the center. Do the fish swim around? I have seen pics of this cone in many different colors, does it constantly change?

I never did see what flavor that ice cream was? I guess pineapple

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It was called the Dreamscape. And yes it changed many different colors...I asked multiple crew members how many different designs there were. No one will tell you...it's a secret. In our 13 days onboard I bet we saw at least 30 different designs.

In my next installment of photos I will have some of designs that we saw.

One night we were having a drink in the atrium. The atrium got very dark...we looked up and realized that the dreamscape was in the process of changing designs.

And that's a good guess but Pineapple is not the flavor [emoji6]

Thank you to everyone for all the kind words of encouragement, support, and enjoyment for my review.

I enjoy putting them together but they are a lot of work. So I thank you again for being patient with me

I hope you all continue to enjoy the rest....and there is a lot more to come.

And for those of you who took a guess and what that gelato flavor was...thank you.

I had guesses of Lemon, Banana, Coconut, and Pineapple. None of these guesses were correct.

The flavor was PISTACHIO. Pistachio is a very popular nut in Italy but I can tell you that it makes for a nasty Gelato flavor. I took one bite and spit it out.

The chocolate and strawberry was delicious

Thanks for taking us along another amazing vacation Brianna. I also live in Davenport , We live in the 4 corners area. I worked for Disney for 15 years,and now retired. And cruising as much as possible. Gary:)

Loving the review so far Brianna... So glad you had a great trip, and that you are doing great with the move to FL! Will continue to read along and wait patiently!!

Brianna does a great job and has a knack of making the reviews a nice combination of the port and the ship and not filling it to the brim with a bunch of petty personal complaints. I've opted out of reading reviews because of that. So annoying. Keep it comin' girl!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Was super excited for you to get to Europe on Carnival and just happy you got to do it to get through these first years too. Take your time and thanks a million..so fond of so many people here and just love way you share your cruises...you and so many others. It gets more and more like you are taking the cruise too with all you good folks and helps the waiting and saving years that sometimes just hit...

God Bless you..thanks so much...so appreciate this Europe one on the Vista...I really should try a newer style ship next Carnival cruise...the cabins and everything look so refreshing...but it is good to "like it all" too..lol. xo..Sarah

Edited by sjn911

Your photos are fabulous. Looks like an amazing trip!

Was this your first trip abroad?

My dream is a trip like yours. I can't wait to read about your adventure and the language barrier.

Where did you do your research on the train travel?

Nope it was not Banana but that's another good guess [emoji6]

I was thinking Pineapple

ETA: I posted this before reading all responses. I see you already said it was Pistachio

Edited by S.C.

OH DEAR!!! Why did I start reading this review? When I saw it was 9 pages long I knew you would be just gearing up....but NOOOOO....I have no self control and had to read what you had written instead of waiting until you had concluded. SIGH....

Now I will be obessing about the next posts....

FYI enjoying the review. Thank you for all the time and effort you put into them!

I just got caught up with your review and am really enjoying it AND the pictures you have of Vista...OMG, just a beautiful, beautiful ship! That must be and awesome feeling to get the chance to sail on a brand new ship on her very first sailing. I almost feel like I'm along for the cruise with you.

Due to a family emergency, I've been MIA from CC for about a month, so I'm just getting caught up here. With my phone, had access to the pictures on a certain social networking site, but it's so nice to get the whole story behind them. I also saw a "spoiler" on the page of that famous person you posted a picture of earlier....LOL!!! I was definitely cracking up and can't wait to read about it.

I'm so glad you're doing a review of your Inaugural Vista cruise, enjoying your pictures and really looking forward to the rest. Thanks for doing this one! :)

I am loving this review so far, as always! Just for giggles, I priced this ship for a September sailing, and now I want to do the Med! Argggh, we are taking my grandson on the Breeze in July, so I can't. But man, I want to!

Brianna- I am a long time "silent" follower of your reviews and have always enjoyed them so much-I have special interest in this review as we are on the Vista from Athens to Barcelona June 21st :)

I have a question on your lunch the first day on the ship at Cucina del Capitano-it looked amazing - do you remember roughly the cost for lunch there?

Thanks again for all the time and effort you put into these reviews!

Brianna- I am a long time "silent" follower of your reviews and have always enjoyed them so much-I have special interest in this review as we are on the Vista from Athens to Barcelona June 21st :)

I have a question on your lunch the first day on the ship at Cucina del Capitano-it looked amazing - do you remember roughly the cost for lunch there?

Thanks again for all the time and effort you put into these reviews!

I can answer for Brianna:D

Cucina is free at lunchtime. Well used to be on the Breeze and other ships which had it.

Following along - thanks for taking the time to do such an extensive review.

A question about taking the train - do they put your luggage somewhere on the train, or are you schlepping it about with you? If that is the case, how much room is there for it near your seats? I'm just wondering how feasible it is to take the train with a large suitcase and a carry on bag.

I can answer for Brianna:D

Cucina is free at lunchtime. Well used to be on the Breeze and other ships which had it.

Thank you! We have been on Carnival ships that had a Pasta bar on the first day, it was always on the upstairs area above the lido buffet lines, the last several ships have had Fish and Chips there. We never knew about Cucina being free:) We will certainly give it a try!!

OK so now back to our regularly scheduled programming...so where was I. After lunch we headed back to our cabin to see if our bags had arrived yet...and they had. So we took a few minutes to unpack. There were a lot of people who complained on the Vista about the lack of closet space. There were only two closets...one with shelves and one with hangers. Laura and I didn't seem to have a problem finding a place for everything

Carnival%20Vista%20-%20May%201%202016%20-%20Album%202%20084_zpskyedi4z0.jpg

The Family Harbor Lounge

Carnival%20Vista%20-%20May%201%202016%20-%20Album%202%20085_zpszfe2wkay.jpg

After checking out the Family Harbor Lounge....it was getting pretty close to sailaway. And we wanted to check it out from an outside deck so we headed out to the Havana Deck area on deck 5 AFT

Carnival%20Vista%20-%20May%201%202016%20-%20Album%202%20086_zpsqwk94sha.jpg

Havana Bar entrance area

Carnival%20Vista%20-%20May%201%202016%20-%20Album%202%20087_zpswwotidzb.jpg

Carnival%20Vista%20-%20May%201%202016%20-%20Album%202%20088_zps7tqtyrtl.jpg