"LIVE" from MSC Divina - May 28, 2016

Radio

The picture overlooking the lifeboats is port side, because the boats are even numbered. On starboard side, we overlooked boat 9. As for the pizza, check on Maureen's thread, http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2352075&page=13 Post #374. She has a picture with the ingredients. EM

Ok so that view is actually taken from the back of the boat looking forward then? Thank you :)

Your review is GREAT. We also travel on the 11Jun16 cruise. Any chance you could post the daily activities schedule...(like you have time rignt? no worries...thanks!)

I will scan all MSC Dailies on Sunday. . .

Radio

;-);-)

Sent from my LG G4

Hi Radio,

As others have mentioned, your review is great--Thank you!

Your photos truly make me feel as though I am right there on board with you. I have sailed Divina once before and enjoyed that experience. She is a beautiful ship for sure. Tonight I booked a 1.6.18 sailing on the Seaside, but after reading your review I'll be looking to book the Divina again sometime soon. (lol)

Enjoy and be safe!

Radio, if you get the chance try a dinner at the Galaxy Restaurant. It was one of the highlights of my Divina cruise. Bob

Thanks Bob, I may try Galaxy later this week;)

Radio

;);)

Hello everyone. . . I got back to the ship around 3:00PM. I needed to shower before getting ready for dinner. My dinner tonight wasn't as good as last night. I had chicken parmigiana at the Black Crab dining room. It was OK, but certainly not what I expected. I think tomorrow I will try Eataly (With my Black coupon)

MSC Divina pulled away from the pier promptly at 5PM. Our next port of call is Georgetown, Grand Cayman. We are scheduled to arrive at 9AM. With us tomorrow should be Disney Fantasy.

Thanks for tuning in . . .

Radio

;)

I loved Margaritaville . . . The music was great, and the staff is very friendly

C15.jpg

I am back home, with MSC Divina

C23.jpg

Divina pulls away from the pier slowly

C12.jpg

This is a long pier !

C14.jpg

We will sail through the night to Grand Cayman

C16.jpg

Hello everyone and good morning. Welcome to DAY 4 of “LIVE” from MSC Divina.

We have arrived at anchor just off the coast of Georgetown Grand Cayman. Priority Tender has already begun and I will have a little breakfast and should be ashore by around 10AM. I have no plans today, but I was thinking of going up to 7 Mile Beach and just hang out and enjoy the water.

The White party was last night up in Aqua Park, and the music was very good. . . There were many specialty drinks, and the buffet was open for snacks. The staff brought many tables out so passengers could gather and enjoy conversation with family and friends. It appeared that this event was geared toward families as there were a lot of kids at the White Part with their families. I received an invitation for the “Black Party” tonight at 5PM. I would like to attend.

The forecast for today is sunny skies (some clouds) and a warm 86F. It appears to be another beautiful day. I am thinking of visiting a few of the shops while ashore and see what I can find. My batteries are charged and I should try to find some Wi-Fi access while in town.

Thanks for tuning in . . .

Radio

The music was very good at the White Party

D6.jpg

There were many specialty drinks offered at the event

D5.jpg

I like that there is a chef breakfast station on the pool deck in the mornings. . .

D3.jpg

We are at anchor off the coast of Georgetown Grand Cayman

D2.jpg

It seems that we will be using Grand Cayman tenders, and Ship tenders

D7.jpg

OK, It time to start taking passengers ashore

D1.jpg

The pizza chef suggested it was light sauce, cheese, diced tomatoes, sausage, and fried egg. . .

Radio

;-);-)

8e6fc7b900f367d3b0c98c021b252adc.jpg

Sent from my LG G4

This looks so whacky I must try it on my MSC cruise in Oct.

Hello everyone . . . I did make it ashore in the sunshine, but I made it back to the ship in a downpour. I was curious why the attendant at the Marriott (7 Mile Beach) had a raincoat on in the sunshine. She advised me that it will rain very soon. . . She was very right. I really live Grand Cayman, and would really like to spend more than a day here. I have heard of many things to do, and some of my coworkers insist that I must stay for a few days here to sample all of the things to do.

I was able to go to several shops, and the life in Georgetown is very fast paced. . . Yes, there were tour operators that were busy, but there was also a lot of construction, and business people who were about their business . . . even with tourists being here, interrupting their day. The locals were very friendly and it seems there is free Wi-Fi in many places.

I spent my time up on 7 Mile Beach at the Marriott Grand Cayman Resort. The hotel is beautiful, and if I came here for a few days I think I might love to call this hotel home for a week. The water was clear and very warm. . . (much clearer than in Jamaica) The prices are a little high, and I know that this is a resort town, but I may need to save a few bucks if I were to spend a week here in the future.

I made it back to the ship around 3PM in the pouring down rain. I will dine tonight at Eataly (6PM), and my MSC Black Party is at 5PM. I did receive a very cool chocolate ship today in my cabin. . .I think I will consume this treat tomorrow.

Here are a few pics from today. . .

Radio

Passenger had to go to Deck 4 for Tender Access

D9.jpg

The island is not very big. . .

D14.jpg

It started out very sunny

D16.jpg

I came ashore using the ship tender

D19.jpg

7 Mile Beach over near the Marriott was wonderful

D21.jpg

The water was beautiful. . .

D23.jpg

This looks so whacky I must try it on my MSC cruise in Oct.

It appears that he Breakfast Pizza is Chef's Choice as this morning it was made with pineapple slices. . . Maybe it changes daily.

Radio

;);)

Hello everyone . . . Good Morning and Welcome to DAY 5 of “LIVE” from MSC Divina.

This post needed to be edited due to a connection problem this morning. This sometimes happens when posting “LIVE”, but I am still here.

I was able to go the MSC Black members party last night (La Luna Lounge DECK 7 FWD) There were only about 20 members there, but about 30 Crew members of which 8 were officers. There was plenty of snacks and drink for all members to enjoy along with introduction and discussion with officers.

I had dinner last night at Eataly Steakhouse (Deck7 AFT), and it was the best meal I have consumed while onboard. The steak was tender, and the service was excellent. This was an offer I enjoyed from my status match (Diamond Plus/RCI to MSC/Black) I may be going back later this week.

I woke up this morning to a beautiful sunrise, and today the forecast was correct. I enjoyed sunny skies all day with no rain. Some were complaining about the heat, but I was happy to see this weather after the bitter cold from Maryland this winter.

MSC Divina docked at the Punta Langosta Pier (In town at San Miguel) by 10AM, and passengers were cleared to go ashore at about 10:20 this morning. With us in Cozumel today are Carnival Liberty, and Carnival Fantasy (Puerto Maya Pier)

I got off of the ship at about 11AM. My day at Chankanaab will be reported in the next episode. . .After dinner (If my connection holds up)

Thanks for tuning in

Radio

Officers are introduced at the MSC Black members party

E4.jpg

The table setting is unusual, but the steak was wonderful at Eataly on Deck 7

E3.JPG

I woke up to a beautiful sunrise this morning . . .

E9.jpg

We are greeted at the pier this morning with a TransCaribe Auto/Passenger Ferry

E1.jpg

MSC Divina approaches the pier slowly this morning at 9:30AM

E5.jpg

We have docked. . .It’s now off to a relaxing day at Chankanaab National Marine Park

E8.JPG

Edited by Radio

Hello everyone . . .Welcome to DAY 6 of “LIVE” from MSC Divina. I got off of the ship yesterday about 11AM and walked through the maze of shops at the downtown Mall. Divina was docked at the Punta Langosta Pier in San Miguel.

I took a taxi south just a few km to Chankanaab National Marine Park. The entrance fee was $21 and included a lot including the Sea Lion show, Lagoon Tour, history tour, changing room, showers, restrooms, palapas, beach chairs, Lagoon swimming, and beach swimming. There was also a large pool with swim up bar. There are many areas for food and drink. I had a very nice lunch there (Mexican sampler $12 US)

It was very hot, but it was nice to enjoy the warm weather and soft breeze.,The water was beautiful. I went swimming near the snorkeling area and the water was very clear here.

The connection on the ship has been miserable for the last 36hrs. I can connect but the speeds are very very slow. The first few days on board were good, but it has been getting worse. . . sorry for the late posts. . .

Here are a few pics from today.

Radio

All passengers must be back at 5:30PM

E20.jpg

The palapas give instant shade, and a relaxing place to rest

E14.jpg

The water was very clear and felt wonderful

E12.jpg

There were a lot of fish down there too . . .

E11.jpg

Back to my “Home” for a few more nights

E21.jpg

There were about a dozen of these trikes that carried passenger back and

forth down the long pier

E19.jpg

Edited by Radio

Here are few more. . .

Radio

Welcome to Chankanaab Park

E25.jpg

I loved all of the white sand and beautiful scenery

E15.jpg

The Taxi prices are listed so everyone knows the prices upfront

E17.jpg

The Sea Lion Show was very good. . . It lasted about 30min

E22.jpg

The saltwater pool was refreshing

E23.jpg

Blue Lagoon restaurant had very good Mexican fare

E24.jpg

Radio,

I am enjoying your "Live Review" very much. We will be onboard the Divina on the 11th of June and I am getting very excited about it.

I wanted to tell you the guy on the peddie cab that is in your picture gave us a ride both ways when we were in Cozumel in Jan. with the Divina. He is a super nice guy.

We are going to be on deck 10 also and was wondering what cabin you are in. Our group will be in 6 different cabins. 10058, 10060, 10062, 10070, 10122, and 10080.

Have a great day and enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Gerry

Deck 14 was packed today . . . and the weather was again beautiful.

Radio

It seemed like everyone was outside. . .

fe670c1eb893ebabdea839d0f8fae184.jpg

The loungers were packed

a8327a85e46d21baa471355c1e8ba43a.jpg

It was very hot, so many passengers were cooling off in the pool.

23f8563e816b540578f9d87efe00d974.jpg

Everyone loved the lip sync battle

6591ccd3388b3de265d5c8a152d00d5e.jpg

Sent from my LG G4

Love your review Radio.

When you went to 7 mile beach in Grand Cayman, did you take the public bus or a taxi? Was there a fee at the Marriott for the day or could you just rent chairs/umbrellas.....

25dbb

Edited by 25dbb

Love your review Radio.

When you went to 7 mile beach in Grand Cayman, did you take the public bus or a taxi? Was there a fee at the Marriott for the day or could you just rent chairs/umbrellas.....

25dbb

I took a public bus (It looks like an 8 passenger Taxi) for $2.50 each way/pp.

I just walked in to the Marriott, and had lunch and a soda. I was able to use the beach, with chair and umbrella with no fee. Maybe there was a fee, but no one asked but I was only there for about 2 hours.

Radio

;);)