"LIVE" from MSC Divina - May 28, 2016

Radio

Radio, thanks for the reviews and wonderful pics. We will be on the June 11 cruise on the Divina with the same itinerary. The ship looks gorgeous and I'm getting excited to see it. Glad you enjoyed your day at Chankanaab. We have been there several times and think that's what we'll do on this cruise. There will be 9 of us. We have reserved the bobsled tour in Ocho Rios. We did that last year and it's a blast. Not sure yet what we'll do in the other two ports. We also have balcony cabins on deck 10 so were happy to see your cabin photos.

Hope you are safely home by now. Thanks for sharing your cruise with us.

Radio, thanks for the reviews and wonderful pics. We will be on the June 11 cruise on the Divina with the same itinerary. The ship looks gorgeous and I'm getting excited to see it. Glad you enjoyed your day at Chankanaab. We have been there several times and think that's what we'll do on this cruise. There will be 9 of us. We have reserved the bobsled tour in Ocho Rios. We did that last year and it's a blast. Not sure yet what we'll do in the other two ports. We also have balcony cabins on deck 10 so were happy to see your cabin photos.

Hope you are safely home by now. Thanks for sharing your cruise with us.

We are a group of 6 cabins and are on deck 10 also on the June 11 cruise. Which cabin are you in?

Can't wait to be onboard,

Gerry

RAdio, as a long time fan, I'd like to also offer my gratitude and thank you in advance for the dailies. I'm leaving for my second cruise on Divina in 2 weeks and while she isn't a 'perfect' ship (what is?), she is providing a very good value for the American consumer right now.

RAdio, as a long time fan, I'd like to also offer my gratitude and thank you in advance for the dailies. I'm leaving for my second cruise on Divina in 2 weeks and while she isn't a 'perfect' ship (what is?), she is providing a very good value for the American consumer right now.

Thanks for the nice comments. . .They should be posted later today.

Radio

;);)

Hello everyone. . . I have arrived home yesterday at about 5PM. I had a quick dinner, and then watched the news until this morning. The flight was very calm, with no worries. I did have a seat up in 1st Class due to a very good price that I stumbled upon. ($520 RT) When I flew last week it was the first time I’ve flown in almost 16yrs. If I had to do it again . . . I may do it if the price was right (1st Class), but if not I will drive to the pier or use rail.

My office has just been transformed into my MSC “Press Room” where I will edit and post many more pics from last week. I took over 500 photos and almost 100 video clips. Many of these images will end up on the Radio Press Room “cutting room floor”

Overall I find a lot of value with MSC. I think that my experience was much different than it was just a year ago from what I have read. It seems that much of the Italian Cruising styles of service will be changed to fit the cruising public of the US. Things just as simple as understanding English seem to be a problem. I was in line at Guest Service to get a copy of my room charges. I was asked by the Guest Services Rep. “how can I help you today?” I explained that I needed a copy of my room charges. Their response was “Ok, why do you wish to remove the service charges?” I don’t wish to remove the charges . . . I just needed a copy of my charges. A supervisor came over to question me about why I wanted the tips removed. . . Well other staff members came over, and they finally understood. How to fix this? Just have Guest Relations Staff that can speak fluent English.

The dining service can be improved, as I often felt that the Waiters in the dining room (MDR) were all in training. The wait staff tried to help and were very nice, but maybe they were understaffed or under pressure. It just felt like many were trainees. The food served there was prepared nicely and tasted very good. I enjoyed the food in the MDR and Calumet / Manitou Buffet.

Some of the ads on the in elevator TV’s were only in Italian. . . Sometimes the advertising signage was only in Italian. I spoke to an Officer that spoke very good English and he suggested that MSC really values the feedback that their customers provide, and some things seem to change almost weekly. Everyone knows about Seaside that will enter service in 2017, but it was suggested that there may be as many 5 ships home porting from the US in less than 5 years.

MSC wants this to work, and I think it will. . . There are just a few growing pains (For the US Cruise Market). MSC Cruises is owned by Mediterranean Shipping Company S.A. (The second largest container shipping company in the world) So MSC Cruises is well funded and will be around to stay. I think MSC Divina will always have an Italian presence, and it may be one of the cleanest ships I have ever sailed.

The artwork is beautiful and the cabin service is wonderful. The food service is hit or miss. I loved much of the dining on board, but I don’t think it lives up to the standards of Celebrity Cruises. I think the dining is much better than RCI (most of the time) and I also think that MSC should “lease” or maybe subscribe to RCI’s “VOOM” technology for internet access. I was able to post many images, but often it was very slow, and the bandwidth was very weak.

I can’t speak too much in the entertainment area because I don’t go to shows much, but many friends that I sailed with suggested that the shows were superb.

The pros greatly outweigh the cons. . .

Would I sail with MSC Cruises again . . . You can count on it!

Thanks for the nice comments, and thanks for tuning in . . .

Radio

American Airlines Boeing 737-800

AA.JPG

Image Courtesy American Airlines ©

Waiting to board in Miami

U1.jpg

A had a nice Chicken Salad/ Cheese snack during the flight.

U2.jpg

A view of Miami Beach from my American Airlines flight home

U3.jpg

MSC Divina

MSC1.JPG

© 2016 MSC Cruises S.A

Radio, your Intrepid Reporter wishes everyone calm seas . . .

R1.jpg

Edited by Radio

As always

EXCELLENT!!!!!!!

I'm just sad it's over.

Awesome pictures, great reviews.

Thanks for making the time to keep us from cruise withdrawl and to experience new horizons.

Be safe

Take care

What a lovely balanced fair review of this ship. Thank you so much Radio. Much appreciated.

The slow bandwidth really is no issue to me but I know some people need/rely on it when they are away and if MSC do appreciate the feedback I'm sure it's something they will look into for the American market.

Can't wait for our cruise in November.

We got a Black status match within 2 hours of applying on line. We got a bowl of fruit in our cabin on the first day also bath robes. We got our first bottle of prosecco with chocolate dipped strawberries the next day. We got priority for the tender boat, an invite to black card members party and also welcome back cocktail party. 2 chocolate ships, 2 vouchers for a set menu dinner for 2 in one of the speciality restaurants,MSC logo duffel bags each, a dancing lesson and a one hour thermal session in the spa and an extended time for disembarking back in Miami. Not bad for a first cruise! Each time we returned to our cabin we seemed to have an envelope with an invite or a gift waiting for us.

Just wondering what time they extended the disembarking time to?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Just wondering what time they extended the disembarking time to?

Thanks so much for your review! We leave on the 25th and we hadn't seen many Western reviews. We are excited to give something different a try! The last 3 cruises I have taken have been on Royal. We are in the Yacht Club so I am expecting our experience will be different from yours, however I am looking forward to the shows and the ports as well!

Thanks for the nice comments. . .They should be posted later today.

Radio

;);)

Another thank you for the review and the fantastic photos!. My next ten are booked with RCL, that being said glad you had a great cruise!.....K.O.:)

Hello everyone I have completed each scan from every MSC Daily Program. . . There are also some Ship info scanned as well.

You can see the full Album HERE.

Pics may take a few more days. . .

Radio

Here are a few samples

D1P1.jpg

D1P2.jpg

D1P3.jpg

D1P4.jpg

DS1.jpg

MB1.jpg

Edited by Radio

Thank you Radio for an awesome journey! I am now enjoying each day of the Daily Planner. You truly are amazing and so very tech savvy, unlike me.....lol!! Totally appreciate all the time you spend educating your fellow followers! Thank you!

Radio,

Just a quick question, do they have the 70's-80's night one evening? Just curious since we will be boarding the ship this Sat.

Thanks for your help,

Gerry

Yes, it was the Flower Party on Wednesday (Cozumel)

Radio

;);)

We were on this cruise too and in the Yacht Club and can also echo that it was another great trip. The Yacht Club is still an amazing experience that is really hard to beat.

I will say that overall I thought the food in Le Muse was very good. I did notice a decline in the quality of the filet mignon they use. It used to be a very big, thick piece and now it seems to be the typical cruise ship variety. However, the chateaubriand with fresh truffle sauce was AMAZING. This dish is served on the second formal night, along with the delicious Maine lobster tail. Our water combined both dishes for us and we all had a surf and turf. This was one of the best meals I have had anywhere, land or sea. Some other stand out dishes were the lasagna, the seafood risotto, the salmon ravioli, the veal chop milanese (at lunch), mushroom risotto, and more. Also, the pizza at the buffet is very very good. It is hard to imagine anyone complaining about it.

The service in Le Muse was always excellent. The way the tables are spaced out is also very unique for a cruise ship restaurant. I really hope the same is true for the yacht club restaurants on the new ship.

They have also improved the small bites they serve in the Top Sail lounge, especially before dinner. However, they still do not have much at night aside from small desserts. It would be nice if they kept a few savory dishes out at night too.

Overall, another wonderful trip. I cannot wait to experience the Yacht Club on the Seaside!