Radio

"LIVE" from MSC Divina - May 28, 2016

Hello everyone . . . I am very happy to start my “LIVE” from MSC Divina. I will be leaving tomorrow for a 7 Night Western Caribbean sailing on Saturday. I will be staying in Miami for 2 nights prior for some rest before my sailing.

My “LIVE” on MSC Divina will include some pre cruise commentary as well as daily ship photos and comments. I am planning on obtaining a large internet package so I will be able to provide lots of photos and commentary about the ship and ports of call. (Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, and Nassau)

I have wondered about how a premium Italian Cruise Line would work in the United States. I have read many reviews, and some weren’t too promising. It seems that MSC has changed the way the ships would appeal to American Cruisers as they do in Italy. I believe that MSC is here to stay after their announcement of MSC Seaside being launched late next year. There will now be 2 ships sailing year round from Miami.

Rick Sasso has been CEO of MSC Cruises (USA) Inc since 2004. He used to be with Celebrity as their President until he moved to MSC. He has been credited for much of the décor and design of MSC ships because of his association with new builds at Celebrity Cruises for 14 years. (1990-2004)

I have heard that the Segafredo Coffee on board is wonderful and there will be daily consumption of this premium beverage. Sit back and enjoy MSC Divina through my eyes . . . It should be a fun week!

Radio

;);)

MSC Divina

DIVINA2.JPG

Image Courtesy MSC Cruises S.A.

MSC Divina Aqua Park

MSCAP1.JPG

My Itinerary this week

ITIN1.JPG

Edited by Radio

Looking forward to your review, Mark. I'm sure it will be great as usual. Have fun, drink plenty of that coffee, and watch the news. Bon Voyage!

Awesome Radio!!! Actually,,Rafaela Aponte,,wife of MSC owner Gianluigi Aponte designed the interior of MSC Divina along with DeJorio Design International(http://www.studiodejorio.it//home.html). Looking forward to your review,,,you have big shoes to fill after Mauren's live review. Looking forward to your excursions and pics from Jamaica and Grand Cayman,,the only two islands we have never visited yet,,,Oh,,,and yes!!!! The Segafredo coffee is AMAZING!!!!

Edited by Mikesa1721

Awesome Radio!!! >SNIP< Looking forward to your excursions and pics from Jamaica and Grand Cayman,,the only two islands we have never visited yet,,,Oh,,,and yes!!!! The Segafredo coffee is AMAZING!!!!

Thanks Mikesa1721, I love Jamaica, but haven't been in a few years.

Radio

;);)

Thanks Mikesa1721, I love Jamaica, but haven't been in a few years.

Radio

;);)

Radio,,,are you sailing in the Yacht Club??

Looking forward to the review Radio! Myself, wife and four sons sailed the Divina last month and loved it! Defiantly has its differences to other lines but you are in for a treat! From what I have read and experienced, it seems like MSC provides a better cruise with each sailing. ( we had major problems with the website and other passengers info assigned to our booking, hope that didn't happen to you)

Have a great cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Radio,,,are you sailing in the Yacht Club??

No, I will have a Standard Balcony cabin. . .

Radio

;);)

Yay, another Radio review! We'll be on the Divina in January, so really looking forward to your comments and photos. Thanks!

Edited by relaxatsea

I've been waiting for this one!:)

Thanks Bob, I booked this cruise last summer . . . The pricing was very good and I have been considering MSC for some time.

Radio

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

So looking forward to this LIVE review and photos. Itching to try MSC and curious to know how different it is from RC or Celebrity.

Have a fabulous time!

Looking forward to your review. I was on the Divina a few weeks ago, and loved it. We are booked on the Seaside for May,2018. I believe the Divina goes back to Europe in April, 2018, then to return in the fall of 2018.I doubt they need 2 ships in the summer for the Carib. All the other lines also cut back drastically for the summer, except, maybe, Carnival.

Looking forward to your review, Radio.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Looking forward to your review Radio. Thanks for taking the time and effort. We will be cruising her for two weeks next month and are very much looking forward to trying MSC out.

Hello everyone. . . I arrived at BWI at 7:30 this morning. I heard that the TSA lines were very long, but with PreCheck it only took 2 min.

I have a leisurely wait until my flight at 10:30. . . We board at 10AM.

See you in Miami [emoji6]

Radio

I have arrived

dfa63919b05dd5b50a2169ae5d548adb.jpg

American Airlines check in counter

8c673da4d5e67bc052bf2bb5ae112846.jpg

TSA area is slow today. . .

6abb1b57437efdb8d37da6403487a557.jpg

Sent from my LG G4

Have a safe flight Mark! Sending positive vibes :)

Ginger

Thanks Ginger. . . Should be leaving soon.

Radio

045d1bff3d6e7764beb501afd4b42472.jpg

50f9705c3d4cad07c512bad924d20393.jpg

d90b5eb1a22b31998314cd4ffdb9732b.jpg

Sent from my LG G4

Radio, You made my day!! Your reviews have helped me immensely in the past. My husband asked me the other day if Radio ever did a "live" on the Divina!!! We'll be following along. We are on the Divina in July.

Have a wonderful cruise!

For you MSC folks who don't know Radio, he's well known on other boards and does excellent live reports.

How do you do a LIVE Trip report? Do you upload all your pics on your computer and then go to a Photobucket type site and post or does the Tapatalk app let you upload directly from your phone pics?

We love love Divina.... one of the few ships I'd be happy to sail on again… Looking forward to your review !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to South Florida ! We will be on the Divina starting Saturday as well, it's our 2nd time on the ship and in the YC. Loved it last time, high hopes for a repeat, enjoy the cruise, look forward to comparing notes.

Hello everyone . . . I have arrived in Miami. Whew. . . I must say, I never thought I would be flying again. This is the first flight I have completed since March 2001. I usually drive or take the train to cruise ports. I know, I know . . . It is much cheaper to fly and I get to my port city quickly. It was a smooth flight, and I was able to get a good deal on a 1st Class ticket with American Airlines. The crew was very friendly, and I won’t be as nervous when I fly back next week.

After I claimed my luggage, it was a long walk to the MIA Mover. This is a 1.25-mile-long automated people mover system between MIA and the Miami Rental Car Center. The mover only takes about 3 minutes to get the rental center. It didn’t take too long to drive from the Airport to the Hotel (15 min) as the traffic wasn’t too bad.

I am staying at the beautiful Marriott Miami Biscayne Bay in downtown Miami. I was able to get a room facing the port of Miami. The weather this afternoon is sunny and hot. . . I love it. I was in heaven when I saw there was an Illy Café here at the Marriott. I enjoyed a wonderful Illy Espresso Americano. I predict I will be there a few times before I leave.

Tomorrow I will be able to see Norwegian Sky, Enchantment of the Seas, and Carnival Fantasy sail away. I will chill out tonight, and tomorrow my plans are to simply rest and maybe watch the news for a few hours while lounging at the pool. I may run over to a local Publix to grab a few items. I will be meeting with a few friends that will be joining me for a pre cruise dinner tomorrow night.

Here are a few pics from today . . . Thanks for tuning in.

Radio

I can see the Port of Miami

MP1.JPG

I am on my way to the Hotel

MP12.JPG

My home for a couple nights

MP10.JPG

I am happy that Empress of the Seas is back in Miami

MP5.JPG

My pre Divina Press Room

MP8.JPG

I have a good view . . .

MP9.JPG

Here are a few more pics. . .

Radio

;);)

I really liked the MIA Mover

MP3.JPG

I think all airports should use this system

MIAM.JPG

Image Courtesy of Miami International Airport © Steven Brooke Studio

Carnival Splendor was here today also (She left at around 6:30). . . Empress of the Seas is scheduled to leave here on Saturday

MP4.JPG

Edited by Radio

Really looking forward to your review! My family and I are sailing for the first time on Divina/Yacht Club on July 30th sailing. Was planning on paying it forward with a review of my own as I've benefitted and appreciated so much the reviews that others have left.

Have a great time! Really looking forward to sipping some of that coffee!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thank you Radio for doing this live review. I have read many of your other reviews and they are so informative! You are one if my favorite writers.

My two sisters and I will be on the Divina in the YC next April. It's still a while away but it's going to be fun doing the research since this will be the first time on MSC for us as well. We are really looking forward to learning more and enjoying a different cruise line. Have a wonderful trip and thanks for taking us with you!

Annie

Edited by annietownsend