Price drop on Sunshine balcony worth it to upgrade?

beacha

I just saw a price drop for a spa balcony on Sunshine. We could upgrade to that on deck 11 or 12 for $250 total. It is a 5 day cruise to Bahamas from Norfolk. We are currently in an inside on deck 8. Do you all think it's worth it/ good deal? Thanks in advance for opinions or thoughts

I just saw a price drop for a spa balcony on Sunshine. We could upgrade to that on deck 11 or 12 for $250 total. It is a 5 day cruise to Bahamas from Norfolk. We are currently in an inside on deck 8. Do you all think it's worth it/ good deal? Thanks in advance for opinions or thoughts

We have stayed on the Spa level of the Splendor and it was by far the quietest floor of a Carnival ship we have ever stayed on. Add in the the thalassotherapy pool and the answer is go for it.

We upgraded from inside to spa balcony on the Sunshine in March. Best decision I ever made!! Our room practically opened onto the Serenity deck (one door away), so it was amazing! We paid the same amount as you have been offered.

This is the age-old debate of "is the balcony worth it".

Many people will say "we're never in our cabin enough, why spend the extra money" and some people will say "I won't cruise without one". I am part of the second group.

I remember our very first cruise we booked an interior guarantee and we were upgraded to a balcony (talk about an upgrade!). Ever since we had the balcony, we realized we could never cruise without one. For me, it is worth every penny when I wake up earlier than everybody else in the cabin and I enjoy my room service breakfast/morning tea overlooking the ocean. It is so peaceful an quiet as I sit there in my bathrobe, nothing compares. When we travel in groups, usually at night we have our connecting balconies and we all sit out there talking, sometimes for hours, about stories from the day or just good ol memories enjoying our room service.

So if you can afford it, go for it. You won't regret it.

I really enjoy my alone time where I can reflect, drink some coffee and watch the scenery in the mornings. I don't think I'd ever go back to OV or try an interior. But there will be those that find better value in interiors and I respect those opinions. It's really a personal decision, depending on what you value in your stateroom.

absolutely!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Good for you! I called CCL today to check on Balcony prices for our upcoming 10/1 cruise and the price difference was almost the same amount that we spent on the cruise! Hoping that we get an upgrade call/email like we got in the past!