Diamond plus discount for prebooked internet

which is better then?

Just off Adventure and so glad I did the pre-purchase at $63.63 for the Surf one device...this turned out to be the best deal...I could have canceled the pre-purchase once onboard if using the D+ discount would have been better but this turned out to be the best option....so don't wait....you won't beat this..

I'm figuring it's cheaper for a 5 day cruise to purchase what I need on board. As diamond, between us we get 2 days free internet. If I purchase the remaining 3 days at going rate of $15 per day that is less costly than the 30% discount of $9.99 per day for one device or $50 for the 5 days and being unable to use my diamond discount.

For a 7-day cruise or longer, the 30% off is better.

For D+, I think the break even point is more like 13+ days but that depends on what one actually gets pre-cruise because RCI has some funny math on the packages (from a low of $63.63 to $72+ for a 7 day cruise that's supposed to be $9.99x7)

For D+, I think the break even point is more like 13+ days but that depends on what one actually gets pre-cruise because RCI has some funny math on the packages (from a low of $63.63 to $72+ for a 7 day cruise that's supposed to be $9.99x7)

What discount are D+ getting onboard now?

Someone reported as $40, which would make sense since the D discount is $20 and a single day of SURF is $20.

Thanks.

So this is what I think the onboard prices and discounts are now:

Surf (multi-day): $13

Surf & Stream (multi day): $18

Surf (one day): $20

Surf & Stream (one day): ???

Gold discount: 10%

Platinum discount: 15%

Emerald discount: 15%

Diamond discount: $20

Diamond Plus discount: $40

Please let me know if you concur, and if you know the one-day price of Surf & Stream.

What discount are D+ getting onboard now?

Someone reported as $40, which would make sense since the D discount is $20 and a single day of SURF is $20.

Yes it was just about $40 on the Oasis a few weeks ago. One device was $12.99 per day. We purchased it on day 2 and used the D+ coupon. The cost came to $17.94 for the remainder of the cruise, no streaming. I can't figure out the math but it did not sound too bad. I "think "the paperwork might have said 35% off the $12.99 per day.

Yes it was just about $40 on the Oasis a few weeks ago. One device was $12.99 per day. We purchased it on day 2 and used the D+ coupon. The cost came to $17.94 for the remainder of the cruise, no streaming. I can't figure out the math but it did not sound too bad. I "think "the paperwork might have said 35% off the $12.99 per day.

The $17.94 would be a $60 discount on day 2 of a 7 day cruise - or $30 pp discount - I assume you used both persons' discount on a single device package. Like I said, there's some weird math with the packages.

The $17.94 would be a $60 discount on day 2 of a 7 day cruise - or $30 pp discount - I assume you used both persons' discount on a single device package. Like I said, there's some weird math with the packages.

No we only used 1 coupon. I did not think you could use 2 coupons one package.

Just off Adventure and will quote from the D+ onboard savings per my letter.

(2517) " $39.98 off any Internet purchase OR 2 free days of internet (valid for one device)."

For my 7 nights (x2 B2B) the prepurchased package at $63.63 per week...one person...Surf... one device....Couldn't be beat once onboard regardless ;)

I thought I'd read that several people had applied both their D+ discount, plus their spouse's D+ discount. We were planning to do that onboard. Although, it still might be better than the pre-booking discount if only one discount can be used.

I thought I'd read that several people had applied both their D+ discount, plus their spouse's D+ discount. We were planning to do that onboard. Although, it still might be better than the pre-booking discount if only one discount can be used.

I've read that each guest can use their free 2-day coupon, but I've not read that two monetary discounts can be applied to a single plan purchase.

I am guessing that what you remember reading is that if you buy individual days of usage, it is possible to apply ONE person's discount to one purchase, and the OTHER person's discount to another purchase.

But you can't apply TWO discounts to ONE package purchase, and many people will prefer to buy a package. If you want internet for the whole voyage, a package purchase will likely be the best buy.

Hi Shirley

I was on Oasis a few weeks ago. I did not purchase the package before hand and waited til on the ship.

The Diamond Plus discount for one device was $60

Here is a photo I took of the screen at that time

26792711074_8fcdce03a1_c.jpg

Edited by emmy

Ahhhh.....I see. So 4 free days & just pay for 3. Makes sense. I'll take it!!!

To make better use of the discount, you could buy two days after dinner on embarkation day (free with discount), then on the morning of day 4 buy the package (with the second D+ discount) for the remainder of the cruise - which should be about $12 (4x$13 - $40) or free if the discount is really $60.