Advice to Overseas Cruisers coming to Australia

And who invented the "Chateau Cardboard"??? - why an Aussie of course!

How about that - now that is something we should be proud of in our history - why you will find the cask everywhere now in the world of wine - what bliss, what joy - I even saw a cask in a Paris supermarket on my last trip there in 2015.

"sacre bleu" a Parisian said to me when I pointed out the Aussie invention, and it was only when I got home and looked up the phrase, I realised what he had said!!!

I now understand the importance of knowing some of the local lingo when visiting a foreign country - overseas cruisers coming to the down under will have picked up some of the unique Australian language outlined in many of the earlier posts on this thread. Strewth, howabout some more!!!

So true, I have picked up a lot of hints on languages from TV shows such as Hogans heroes for German, Allo allo for French and German, etc,;)

And who invented the "Chateau Cardboard"??? - why an Aussie of course!

How about that - now that is something we should be proud of in our history - why you will find the cask everywhere now in the world of wine - what bliss, what joy - I even saw a cask in a Paris supermarket on my last trip there in 2015.

"sacre bleu" a Parisian said to me when I pointed out the Aussie invention, and it was only when I got home and looked up the phrase, I realised what he had said!!!

I now understand the importance of knowing some of the local lingo when visiting a foreign country - overseas cruisers coming to the down under will have picked up some of the unique Australian language outlined in many of the earlier posts on this thread. Strewth, howabout some more!!!

Maybe we need a thread on Aussie inventions.

Maybe we need a thread on Aussie inventions.

the Pav ;) :eek: though maybe a NZ thing that though maybe they both made/invented same time ?? don't know but who ever did i love a good Pav

Edited by Hawka

On behalf of my fellow kiwis I have to offer an apology to all the blokes reading this thread. It was my forbears who were the first to give sheilas a vote and life has gone downhill from there ever since. There is one consolation that Aussie Shopping Mall owners have done to help us blokes out and that is to put in comfy chairs whilst we wait.

Yes indeed,and now we cant get a seat in between trying on clothing,which I might add,can be an exhausting venture,actually better than a work-out at the gym.

Recently seen at local café.

DROP OFF OLD GRUMPY SPOT

CAKE AND COFFEE

COMFY LOUNGES AND CHAIRS

PLEASE PICK UP ON WAY HOME.

:):):)

the Pav ;) :eek: though maybe a NZ thing that though maybe they both made/invented same time ?? don't know but who ever did i love a good Pav

It is not who invents something but who patents it, look at Edison. So that said, the Pav is as Australian as football, meat pies and holden cars.:p

it is not who invents something but who patents it, look at edison. So that said, the pav is as australian as football, meat pies and holden cars.:p

that's a good saying that :D

Edited by Hawka

I don't mind an even not so good PAV, been known to destroy a few in my day.

One of the things that got me hooked on cruising was our first few cruises Oavlova was on the every night menu, and they didn't bat an eyelid at serving me ice cream with it, and even 2nds, well maybe 3rds a couple of nights:D.

I don't mind an even not so good PAV, been known to destroy a few in my day.

One of the things that got me hooked on cruising was our first few cruises Oavlova was on the every night menu, and they didn't bat an eyelid at serving me ice cream with it, and even 2nds, well maybe 3rds a couple of nights:D.

had it last night and wish i had it every night one lady did every night have it loved it very very nice

love Hogans Heroes :)

Gee we had some good comedy around the 60s and 70s.

Hogan

Gillian

Green Acres

Dobbie Gillis

Hillbillies

To name a few of my favourites.

Not a lot of real good comedy now it seems. Big Bang's the only one that really stands out.

had it last night and wish i had it every night one lady did every night have it loved it very very nice

Mrs Gut's got me on a promise for Lemon Meringue Pie tonight, happy with either that or PAV.

Yes indeed,and now we cant get a seat in between trying on clothing,which I might add,can be an exhausting venture,actually better than a work-out at the gym.

Recently seen at local café.

DROP OFF OLD GRUMPY SPOT

CAKE AND COFFEE

COMFY LOUNGES AND CHAIRS

PLEASE PICK UP ON WAY HOME.

:):):)

Love it, so where is it I drop off Mrs Gut? (old Grumpy).

It is not who invents something but who patents it, look at Edison. So that said, the Pav is as Australian as football, meat pies and holden cars.:p

Left our Kangaroos

Football

Meat Pies

Kangaroos

And

Holden Cars.

Not a big fan of Holden cars or that type football though.