Advice to Overseas Cruisers coming to Australia

Left our Kangaroos

Football

Meat Pies

Kangaroos

And

Holden Cars.

Not a big fan of Holden cars or that type football though.

I was using irony, none of them are originally Aussie, just like the Bee gees, Mel, Russell, and Olivia, all imports.

Edited by MicCanberra

I loved how they had a tunnel come up in the dog kennel, even the dogs preferred the prisoners.:p

Had them Germans bamboozled.

Bit of Trivia, both Klink and Schultz were Jewish (well the actors) and only took the rolls on the basis that the characters would only ever be portrayed as bumbling fools.

Bit of Trivia, both Klink and Schultz were Jewish (well the actors) and only took the rolls on the basis that the characters would only ever be portrayed as bumbling fools.

But they were the only camp to never have a prisoner successfully escape.:p

Edited by MicCanberra

Carbs arent to bad if you can work them off.

Most fats are ok except trans fat. Animal fat is actual quite good,the brain craves fat.

Its the sugar that's doing the weight gain.

There is sugar in everything,i looked today at a bag of frozen vege,it had 4.6 grams of sugar per 100 gram serve.

How the hell,or why the hell does a 750 gram bag of frozen vegetables have almost 8 tea-spoons of sugar in it.

In fact it is now being proven that fat on its own is ok.

Sugar on its own,sort of ok.

But combine the 2,(ie,most processed foods and the result is horrific.

Edited by mrs and mrs
spelling

Most fats are ok except trans fat. Animal fat is actual quite good,the brain craves fat.

There is sugar in everything,i looked today at a bag of frozen vege,it had 4.6 grams of sugar per 100 gram serve.

How the hell,or why the hell does a 750 gram bag of frozen vegetables have almost 8 tea-spoons of sugar in it.

Fat sugar or sweet fat, I try and avoid both.

Most fruits and many vege's contain natural sugar, just wish they'd differentiate between added sugar and that the food itself contains.

I find carbs by far the worst both for weight and BGL.

Most fruits and many vege's contain natural sugar, just wish they'd differentiate between added sugar and that the food itself contains.

I find carbs by far the worst both for weight and BGL.

True, but a balanced diet is best, not too much of anything.

Yep fructose vs sucrose debate.

Enough said that refined sugar is not great.

Refined sugar is best avoided.

had it last night and wish i had it every night one lady did every night have it loved it very very nice

Except the travesty that they serve on cruise ships as "pavlova" isn't anything like a decent pav! :mad: It's a meringue nest with a token dab of cream and 2-3 slivers of fruit. :mad:

On our last cruise I decided that the toast wasn't worth eating so didn't have toast with my eggs at breakfast, and I gave up eating the bacon too but replaced that by a couple of tiny hash browns. The bread rolls weren't up to the usual great Princess standard so I rarely had one of those either. I did have freshly squeezed OJ for breakfast though, which I normally don't have. Apart from that I ate normally (for a cruise), including afternoon tea most days, a couple of cocktails at night, wine with meals, desserts at dinner and sometimes at lunch, and I could still comfortably zip up my pants at the end of the cruise. :eek:

However when confronted by a huge main couse serving at dinner I didn't feel I had to clean my plate, I ate as much as I wanted and left the rest.

Gee we had some good comedy around the 60s and 70s.

Hogan

Gillian

Green Acres

Dobbie Gillis

Hillbillies

To name a few of my favourites.

Not a lot of real good comedy now it seems. Big Bang's the only one that really stands out.

i do well for someone born 69 and loving shows made before i was born :D

wow didn't know that

Interestingly, this up-coming cruise is going to be strange, in the fact that its almost 3x as long as our norm pacific island cruise.

SSooooo exercise routine will be required, and way less drinking.

We can find plenty of vego,salad foods.

But those dishes with the wonderful, flavoursome sauces,gawd they are delicious.

(a) go from one kale,vege,fruit no bread diet.vs

(b)Yummy, yummy food,rolls,BUTTER,sauces.

And after 12 days its ohh where did that come from.:eek::eek:

Except the travesty that they serve on cruise ships as "pavlova" isn't anything like a decent pav! :mad: It's a meringue nest with a token dab of cream and 2-3 slivers of fruit. :mad:

as long as it had a crunchy outside it is way better then the soft marshmallow type pavs but nothing beats home made that's for sure

Interestingly, this up-coming cruise is going to be strange, in the fact that its almost 3x as long as our norm pacific island cruise.

But those dishes with the wonderful, flavoursome sauces,gawd they are delicious.

After a while we tend to cut right back.

Last cruise 34 days, the one before a week, put more weight on on the short one. I think we knew we had to be careful.

as long as it had a crunchy outside it is way better then the soft marshmallow type pavs but nothing beats home made that's for sure

The problem with the meringue nest travesties is that they are so dry. Without the marshmallow inside they need something to counteract the dryness and there is never enough cream on them.

I guess if you like ice-cream that would solve the problem but I can't eat ice-cream alongside very sweet desserts, too much sugar.

Rule #1 - avoid the buffet where possible!

Rule #2 - you don't have to eat everything on the plate, although it's hard to resist some things.:eek: :D