Back from Harmony

Great review, thanks, couple questions, did the ship feel crowded on sea days and how was it getting on and off in ports, seems like with that many people it would take hours?

It may have been mentioned elsewhere but from the dining section I gather that you had MTD and that all of Silk (deck 5) and Grande (deck 4) was MTD and that American Icon on deck 3 was traditional?

It may have been mentioned elsewhere but from the dining section I gather that you had MTD and that all of Silk (deck 5) and Grande (deck 4) was MTD and that American Icon on deck 3 was traditional?

Yes, on Harmony, 2 floors dedicated to MTD and only AIG is for set dining.

MTD is taking over.... ;)

Great review, thanks, couple questions, did the ship feel crowded on sea days and how was it getting on and off in ports, seems like with that many people it would take hours?

I haven't been on Harmony yet, but did sail on Allure.....there are plenty of pools to spread out the sun worshippers over and Harmony has the slides which is another activity that will keep people busy on sea days. So the ship should not feel crowded, with all the various things to do on board.

Yes, on Harmony, 2 floors dedicated to MTD and only AIG is for set dining.

MTD is taking over.... ;)

Hmmm....I thought on Oasis and Freedom/Voyager class only one deck of three was MTD.

Biker, who foresees some sort of merging of Dynamic and MyTime in the not too distant future.

Getting off in Cherbourg was easy, although we only discovered there was a free shuttle once ashore and saw the queue (thankfully short). I can't say what it would be like if huge numbers were on tour though.

Because we had wonderful weather most people were outdoors so it didn't feel crowded but it may well have done if it was wet or cold.

Thanks for the comments. Yes we had MTD although our cruise cards had Silk as our restaurant, there was no problem eating in Le Grande one night.

Edited by Host Sharon

I hear you on sometimes not really feeling like you are at sea on these. That is one of the reasons we ended up in a balcony. Did you ever make it to one of the viewing areas which come out from the solarium? They have amazing views and were quite peaceful.

Great review. Iv heard that you can go to a separate muster drill for disabled people where it's all seated. I think this can be requested at guest services. I hope so anyway as we'll be cruising next week and Iv rheumatoid arthritis so certainly won't be standing for any length of time

Is the decor in the dining rooms themed as it is on the Anthem, or are all 3 levels the same? Are the menus the same on each level each evening?

Yes they are themed and the menus were certainly the same in Silk and Le Grande.

I hear you on sometimes not really feeling like you are at sea on these. That is one of the reasons we ended up in a balcony. Did you ever make it to one of the viewing areas which come out from the solarium? They have amazing views and were quite peaceful.

Yes , we stood on the top of the bridge wings when we left from Southampton and Cherbourg - great views but no seating. The port wing has a glass floor!

Great review. Iv heard that you can go to a separate muster drill for disabled people where it's all seated. I think this can be requested at guest services. I hope so anyway as we'll be cruising next week and Iv rheumatoid arthritis so certainly won't be standing for any length of time

I hope so for your sake but no one mentioned this to me when I complained to Guest Services. I have osteoarthritis and only got a chair to wait for the actual drill when my friend threatened to leave with me as we had been scanned through by then. My fault perhaps for being independent and leaving my stick behind, although an elderly man with a stick had to stand as well.

Edited by Host Sharon

I really enjoyed reading your thoughts. Though, as for me, I love the Oasis class ships.

It was interesting reading about your muster situation. In January on Oasis our muster was in Studio B and, of course, everyone was seated. This past May on Navigator our muster was in the MDR and, again, everyone was seated. I hate it when people make up bogus answers to questions.

Edited by Ocean Boy

I agree I think it unlikely there is a separate muster station for disabled pax since it needs to be close to your stateroom and on an Oasis class ship it's not much help if it is 10 mins walk away at the other end of the vessel. What seemed to be petty was not allowing us to sit on the gym equipment since we were fully clothed and it wasn't going to be moved.

Edited by Host Sharon

Yes , we stood on the top of the bridge wings when we left from Southampton and Cherbourg - great views but no seating. The port wing has a glass floor!

Glass floor? I am such a creature of habit that we only went out the starboard side! This is now another excuse I can use to have us catch the Harmony in Florida....