Comedians

If there were, you probably wouldn't recognize their names. They are on the "cruise circuit"...not in big venues by any means. That said...they are pretty good...just go, be surprised and enjoy!

Not true. This will be my 8th cruise coming up and I knew a few of the comedians outside being on the ship circuit as I'm a person that LOVES comedy

Edited by WhoDatNation

One cruise had a last comic standing finalist and this past one had a regular on one of the tonight shows. Those aren't unknown comics, the one from the tonight show was saying he was hoping for a cruise circuit run as he hadn't done it before. I'm not sure how far out they book comedians which could be why there isn't a list.

One cruise had a last comic standing finalist and this past one had a regular on one of the tonight shows. Those aren't unknown comics, the one from the tonight show was saying he was hoping for a cruise circuit run as he hadn't done it before. I'm not sure how far out they book comedians which could be why there isn't a list.

I leave in a little over 2 weeks so I'm guessing they have the comedians booked for my sailing lol. It would be nice to know them before

I am curious if the quality changes with the split from George Lopez?

I would think they would continue to use the same comedians and therefore the quality would remain the same. George Lopez was not hiring them.

I only cruise once or twice a year, but I've had at least four different comedians perform on two or more cruises over the past six years, including some Pre-Lopez era. It seems like once they find one they like that likes working with them they hang on to them.

In April, when our son and daughter-in-law went on their first cruise, they wanted to know who the comedians were. I sent a message to John Heald and he gave me the names. One opened for the Blue Collar Comedy club, the other one I couldn't find out much about. Told the kids, son loved the first guy, not so much the second.

I won't guarantee JH will answer, but it's worth a try to ask.

The only change is for the better! Now we dont have to watch his asinine video intro for the 100th time :rolleyes:

I really doubt George Lopez had much to do with the selection of the comedians at all. Or am I just being cynical :)

I am guessing the schedule changes often without notice because comedians get a better or different gig.

Also don't get scared off if you see the same comedian listed 2 nights on your cruise. Go to both. They always do completely different sets, and dont repeat the jokes.

Dont think Lopez added anything to the show and glad we will not have to watch his video anymore.

About half the comedians post their ship schedule on the comedian page.

They are booked 1-2 months before the cruise.

We greatly enjoy most of them but some we dont find funny at all.

My husband and I loved the comedy shows- we even did two show same night.....first was PG rated, late show very R rated...but both hilarious, same comedian.

Is that how it is done now? We will be on Legend in Juky, and my son and grandson love comedy. If first show still family friendly?

My husband and I loved the comedy shows- we even did two show same night.....first was PG rated, late show very R rated...but both hilarious, same comedian.

Is that how it is done now? We will be on Legend in Juky, and my son and grandson love comedy. If first show still family friendly?

On all of my cruises there have been 2 comedians. They each have one family friendly show...and I think they repeat it. Then they each have 3 or 4 unique adult shows that are on later. I go to all of the comedy shows.

There are 4 to 5 each night. First one or two are family friendly and the rest are adult.