Hope we didn't make a mistake

We just booked a cruise on the Explorer of the Seas in cabins on Deck 6 directly above the Star Lounge. Wondering about noise.

We were surprised to get even these since it is for the July 1 sailing.

We just booked a cruise on the Explorer of the Seas in cabins on Deck 6 directly above the Star Lounge. Wondering about noise.

You're skipping, Red White and Boom? :eek::D

What's your cabin number? How far forward are you? If you're back towards the Promenade I think you'll be mostly fine.

I've heard from some who have stayed right above the stage (interiors, on other ships with the equal lounge ie. Indy and Navigator) who heard the thumping below of the live band nightly, so if you go to bed early could be a slight annoyance. I stayed in 6204 on NOS, a forward facing OV which was just above the lounge but slightly forward... heard nothing from the lounge at all at any time, but heard the slamming metal door occasionally of the crew area immediately below.

As is mentioned often, sometimes a crap shoot when booking a cabin with public space above or below you

There just might be a reason they were still available. :/

Personally, I only book cabins that have other cabins above and below. I've been there, done that....never again.

Have not that on Explorer but on it's sister ship Navigator. We were on deck 8 same side & down about 10 cabins. The noise was not too bad except one night. We usually do not go to bed until after midnight.