Norwegian Jewel 2017

Norfolk is broke so is coming into the fold.

In and out over the years.

The death of duty free hurt, then they had to introduce a GST of their own no real benefit in shopping, I think that hurt them a lot, I knew a lot of people who'd go every year or two just to shop.

We thought about moving there once when we both had opportunities to work, wouldn't have minded actually a really relaxed lifestyle.

The death of duty free hurt, then they had to introduce a GST of their own no real benefit in shopping, I think that hurt them a lot, I knew a lot of people who'd go every year or two just to shop.

We thought about moving there once when we both had opportunities to work, wouldn't have minded actually a really relaxed lifestyle.

We had a week there a few years ago and really enjoyed it, the lifestyle and the friendliness of the people were outstanding. Pity if they are unable to maintain their independence but there was a lot of talk when we were there of their difficulties.

We had a week there a few years ago and really enjoyed it, the lifestyle and the friendliness of the people were outstanding. Pity if they are unable to maintain their independence but there was a lot of talk when we were there of their difficulties.

A lovely place and lovely people.

Like turning the clock back, everyone waving when cars pass, soooooo relaxed.

It'd be great if some cruises visited.

The pdf version of the brochure can be downloaded here

I find those fancy electronic magazine style versions annoying and a pdf easier the view.

Still no prices though...

Thank you for doing this.. no prices till June 26th I think for Latitude members which is everyone..lol

Anyone can tell me what is better between the 2- 10 Day Australia & NZ itineraries?

One has a stop in Melbourne & Tasmania and the other Milford Sound & Dunedin& Christchurch

Edited by ISLABONITA

Thank you for doing this.. no prices till June 26th I think for Latitude members which is everyone..lol

Anyone can tell me what is better between the 2- 10 Day Australia & NZ itineraries?

One has a stop in Melbourne & Tasmania and the other Milford Sound & Dunedin& Christchurch

One departs Sydney the other departs NZ, that's one thing to keep in mind.

I'd take the 31 Jan one over the 21 Jan, you get two more ports on the South Island plus the sounds, but miss Burnie, and Melbourne now I love Tasmania (and if it was Hobart may be saying something different) but don't think Burnie is that good of a Port.

Melbourne is a lovely city, but personally think if I had to choose between it and the Sounds, the Sounds would win.

Thank you for doing this.. no prices till June 26th I think for Latitude members which is everyone..lol This is the date the email to me stated, maybe because I deal with a PCC in Miami. Quoting elsewhere has said the 29th. I have got in touch with my PCC and he said he would get back as soon as he is able to.

I may be biased living in New Zealand but even we have spent time in both Melbourne and Tasmania. If you have too then Milford Sound would be the place to visit and then take the two main South Island cities as extras. If the Christchurch port is actually Lyttelton then take a trip to Akaroa; especially if you have been to Christchurch previously.

One departs Sydney the other departs NZ, that's one thing to keep in mind.

I'd take the 31 Jan one over the 21 Jan, you get two more ports on the South Island plus the sounds, but miss Burnie, and Melbourne now I love Tasmania (and if it was Hobart may be saying something different) but don't think Burnie is that good of a Port.

Melbourne is a lovely city, but personally think if I had to choose between it and the Sounds, the Sounds would win.

thanks.. but they each have the same number of ports-8, what is exactly the sounds? are they fjords?

Might be a bit like going to the Falklands, tendering 2000+ people to a small island with even more primitive landing facilities. Also no town near either landing. Then there is the weather and sea conditions.

thanks.. but they each have the same number of ports-8, what is exactly the sounds? are they fjords?

I guess that's what you'd call them.

It is scenic cruising in and out of the bay's and inlets, beautiful scenery.

Be careful; the Sounds are the Marlborough Sounds at the top of the South Island. Milford Sound is at the opposite end of the South Island and on the other side of the island. That one is certainly one of the best known of the NZ Fjords.

Might be a bit like going to the Falklands, tendering 2000+ people to a small island with even more primitive landing facilities. Also no town near either landing. Then there is the weather and sea conditions.

Don't think it could be much worse than say Picton when you dump about 3,000 people in a town of 4,000, the docks can handle freight and cars etc, by tender, so tendering a few people shouldn't be too hard.

But again better suited to smaller ships.

So what I am hearing is that there is good in both itineraries but doesn't hit the mark with either

So I might have to decide on a different cruise line altogether.

Diamond Princess, Princess Cruises

February 6th, 2018 for 12 nights

12 Day Australia & New Zealand From Sydney, Australia to Auckland, New Zealand

Starting in Sydney, Australia; with stops in Melbourne, Australia; Hobart (Tasmania), Australia; Fiordland National Park (Scenic Cruising); Dunedin (Port Chalmers), New Zealand; Akaroa, New Zealand; Tauranga, New Zealand; Auckland, New Zealand

So what I am hearing is that there is good in both itineraries but doesn't hit the mark with either

So I might have to decide on a different cruise line altogether.

Diamond Princess, Princess Cruises

February 6th, 2018 for 12 nights

12 Day Australia & New Zealand From Sydney, Australia to Auckland, New Zealand

Starting in Sydney, Australia; with stops in Melbourne, Australia; Hobart (Tasmania), Australia; Fiordland National Park (Scenic Cruising); Dunedin (Port Chalmers), New Zealand; Akaroa, New Zealand; Tauranga, New Zealand; Auckland, New Zealand

I'd certainly do that one if we were able to fly.

Gives a good mix in my opinion, some time in Sydney before the cruise, good mix of ports and a bit of time in NZ after.

P&O, Hapag Lloyd, Oceania and Crystal all visit for some cruises.:D

Unfortunately, the wharf can only handle tenders weather/tides permitting and they only allow limited numbers ashore so only the smaller ships can visit.

Edited by MicCanberra

The pdf version of the brochure can be downloaded here

I find those fancy electronic magazine style versions annoying and a pdf easier the view.

Still no prices though...

Thanks for this. Of course it would have to be the 39 day repo from Vancouver that its the most appealing to me. I wonder what $$$$$ they want for that.

Definitely the itinerary with the sounds.:D

P&O did a few years back. Unfortunately, as it stands they have to tender, and their seas are often rough so tendering is dangerous. As a result the season only had about a 40-50% success rate of arrivals. Outcome: passengers weren't happy and P&O had to discontinue.

So Norfolk put up a proposal under the last government for a decent dock, so passengers could land safely. This was accepted. Then the Libs came in, ditched all previous government projects, and we're back without a decent dock. So much for the 'infrastructure' government eh... which would also have created an economic boost.

• 3 weeks later...
Have they been released?

My PCC in Miami said he would contact me as soon as the Jewel itineraries were released and nothing yet. However I don't think they are due for release till the 29th in the USA so that will be early on the 30th in New Zealand.

Mike