Luminae Rookie Questions

Brewster

Hi, I have booked a Sky Suite for the first time on the Summit for one of the Bermuda August Cruises. I have a few questions on Luminae:

1. I have read in many various posts that if you don't like something on the Luminae menu, you can also order off the MDR menu. I also read in one of the current reviews that this is no longer true. Can someone who recently cruised on the Summit/dined in Luminae on another ship indicate what the current policy is?

2. If you do not make a set dining time each night, in your experiences, do you typically have to wait for a table? I know this would vary upon sailings but I am just trying to get an idea for planning purposes.

3. If desired, is it difficult for a Suite passenger to obtain a table at Blu if you favor the menu over Luminae that evening?

Thanks.

We were on Reflection in April, and, YES, you could request the MDR menu anytime.

I suspect the only time you MIGHT wait if no reservation is from 6:45-7:45...the busiest times...but even then it would not be a long wait.

We went to Blu once on our previous Eclipse cruise...no reservation, no problem....

We dined at Luminae on Millie last year.

We never had to wait even though we never made reservations. When we dined there the chef would come up with something not on the menu, if you asked. We loved the food and service.

Did not try BLU.

Hi, I have booked a Sky Suite for the first time on the Summit for one of the Bermuda August Cruises. I have a few questions on Luminae:

1. I have read in many various posts that if you don't like something on the Luminae menu, you can also order off the MDR menu. I also read in one of the current reviews that this is no longer true. Can someone who recently cruised on the Summit/dined in Luminae on another ship indicate what the current policy is? If I didn't like anything on the Luminae menu, I was able to order off the MDR, or the Blu menu. Sometimes I only wanted soup and salad; NO PROBLEM!!!!!!

2. If you do not make a set dining time each night, in your experiences, do you typically have to wait for a table? I know this would vary upon sailings but I am just trying to get an idea for planning purposes. I was on Equinox in JAN, and never made a reservation for Luminae. NEVER had to wait for a table.

3. If desired, is it difficult for a Suite passenger to obtain a table at Blu if you favor the menu over Luminae that evening? I oinly went to Blu one time; and that was for the made-to-order muesli. It was just much quieter and less congested in Luminae. Besides that, the waiters in Luminae did an excellent job and were way more attentive.

Thanks.

I'm pretty sure you're gonna love Luminae.

We have dined in Luminae recently on two ships (Infinity and Reflection). Both fantastic! We asked on the first night for both menus and every night thereafter they brought both of them without us even asking. The wait somewhat depends on the number of suite guests on the ship and sometimes is correlated with the shows. When the early show gets out (8pm) there is sometimes a few minutes wait if everybody hits Luminae at the same time. Also it depends on how many are dining with you and the size of the table. For larger groups it is advisable for you to make a standing reservation - and they will try to accommodate you the same table every night. Your suite butler can do all of this for you.

We dined in Luminae in May on Summit and our waiter, Domnic, brought us items from the MDR menu with absolutely no problem. We are sailing again in August and will more than likely order items from both the Luminae menu and the MDR menu again.

Edited by jcpc

You will love Luminae. We were booked in a Sky Suite last year on the Equinox, and never had a wait at any meal. They were very up front that if we wanted something not on the menu we had only to ask--the MDR's menu was definitely available. We've been booked in Aqua before, so have been to Blu numerous times. Blu is fantastic, but Luminae is better.

When we booked, I asked a Celebrity rep if we could eat in the MDR on occasion--we might meet some people we'd like to have dinner with who wouldn't have access to Luminae. His response was, "You're in a suite. You can do about anything you want." To that point: we ate in Tuscan one night and we had a wine we loved that the sommelier said was exclusive to Tuscan. I asked our sommelier in Luminae about it, and we had a bottle at dinner that night in Luminae.

Bottom line: No worries--you'll love it. We are back in a Sky Suite (in 10 days!) for our Baltic Cruise in large part because we can't imagine cruising and not having access to Luminae. We may even ask if we can get the table side muesli--I'll try to remember to let you know if that is possible.

We dined in Luminae in May on Summit and our waiter, Domnic, brought us items from the MDR menu with absolutely no problem. We are sailing again in August and will more than likely order items from both the Luminae menu and the MDR menu again.

I believe we are on the same cruise at the end of August our first time on a Celebrity Ship.

I believe we are on the same cruise at the end of August our first time on a Celebrity Ship.

Thanks all for your very detailed and generous responses! We are on the August 21st sailing. Although I am a very experienced cruiser, this is our first time in any Suite class (booked this particular cruise for my DW and I's 25th wedding anniversary). Thanks again.

Last March on Reflections each evening we were given the MDR menu with the Luminae menu. It was nice to mix and match the 2 menus. Our butler asked if we wanted to make reservations at Luminae, some nights we did, but it really did not matter.

We sailed on Summit end of May absolutely loved Luminae. Turned up different time every night no worries nothing on the menu to your liking no worries nothing was too much trouble it was fabulous! What I would say though is if the invite to afternoon tea clashes with something else you want to do, do the alternative the tea was poor and we were sorry we missed other things for it

1. I have read in many various posts that if you don't like something on the Luminae menu, you can also order off the MDR menu. I also read in one of the current reviews that this is no longer true. Can someone who recently cruised on the Summit/dined in Luminae on another ship indicate what the current policy is?

2. If you do not make a set dining time each night, in your experiences, do you typically have to wait for a table? I know this would vary upon sailings but I am just trying to get an idea for planning purposes.

3. If desired, is it difficult for a Suite passenger to obtain a table at Blu if you favor the menu over Luminae that evening?

Thanks.

I'm actually posting this from Luminae on board Solstice!

Absolutely no problem ordering off the MDR. I've done it for both lunch and dinner.

Luminae on Solstice hasn't had a wait for any meal, any day this whole cruise. We're a full ship on this cruise, so it's a pretty good test, at least for Solstice.

I haven't tried to get a reservation for Blu, so can't answer that one.

Luminal has been very helpful in getting me the food I need (low carb). Here's a pro tip-- if, like me, you can't eat the regular sweetened, flavored yogurt, ask for the plain Greek yougurt they use for the smoothies! They'll happily give you a dish.

This is our last night of a 12-day cruise on Connie. We dined in Luminae all but 3 nights [1 Ocean Liners, to say goodbye to this great concept, which is still fantastic; 1 Tuscan Grill, which didn't meet its previous standard and bodes poorly as the replacement for the M-class special restaurants; and the Chef's Table, which turned out to be a subset of the Ocean Liners menu with very good paired wines]. This cruise [our first suite ever] has convinced me that Celebrity Suite class is our future, and we won't waste any money on specialty restaurants, Chef's Table, or Chef's Market Shore Excursions -- because Luminae is that good! We checked the Blu menu several nights, and couldn't find anything we wanted to eat. Luminae always offered me more good choices than I could eat, and if DW didn't find what she wanted they were happy to provide the MDR menu or prepare something like a Caesar Salad.