Does anybody else suffer from COD

baronessk

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........... We fly to Fairbanks next Thursday to start our land tour before our southbound cruise. What makes it extra special is that tomorrow is my last day of work. I walk out the door at 4:00 PM, go on vacation for 2 months, and then I'm retired. :D :D :D

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaa!!! :D

That's fantastic! Hubby will be doing the same in about a year however I will continue to work part time for another year after that

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........... We fly to Fairbanks next Thursday to start our land tour before our southbound cruise. What makes it extra special is that tomorrow is my last day of work. I walk out the door at 4:00 PM, go on vacation for 2 months, and then I'm retired. :D :D :D

Congratulations on your retirement! I'm sure we only ever went to work to pay for our cruising habit in retirement. So far, so good :D

My youngest son commented recently "You guys are always either on a cruise, talking about your last cruise, or planning your next cruise." I asked him "So, what's your point?":D

This is what our friends commented as well!

In fact, because we always talk about how wonderful our cruises are, some friends also tried cruise and also liked it.

Thread is making me laugh. . .my husband and I have a deal--whoever dies first gets his/her ashes spread at sea by the other. On a cruise of course!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thread is making me laugh. . .my husband and I have a deal--whoever dies first gets his/her ashes spread at sea by the other. On a cruise of course!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We have agreed the same! I am a card carrying COD!

I was diagnosed with COD many years ago and as we know there is no cure, I will have this "disorder" as long as I live. I fell at work in April, broke a few bones and am having surgery sometime soon. I sailed with a wheelchair and crutches last month as this COD thing just takes ahold of you and nothing will keep you from the answering the call of the sea. I have spent the last 7 weeks sitting on my a$$ and do you think I've spent my time shopping online for clothes or shoes...or hooked to QVC on TV??....Oh no...it is much worse than that....I am addicted to the cruise websites. I check out all of the ship cams...I have booked 1 cruise, and despite the financial burden of being off of work trying to survive on the pittance they call worker's comp I have planned several more. I am going to "sleep around" and give Princess another try, but not limit myself to any one fix. I don't like to fly, but will, so I am exploring destinations all over the world on several cruise lines. I have a bad case of COD and quite frankly, I hope they never find the cure.

Cruise Obsession Disorder: a person that constantly wants to be on a cruise, and always finds opportunities to go on a cruise, and when not on a cruise the person may obsess or fantasize about being on one.

The person with the cruise obsession disorder may annoy or agitate friends or partners by wanting to be on a cruise most of the time, and constantly talks about cruises.

I am glad to hear that it is an official diagnosis. I thought we both caught some kind of weird virus back on our first cruise to Mexico in 2009. 11 cruises behind us and soon to be 5 in our near future. We would like to see the US, East of California but can't find a cruise to go to most of the other States.[emoji6]

But Wait! That's a 'dis-order'???

We've been this way since the mid 80's when we took our first cruise so I don't think it should be called a 'dis-order'. After all, I'm not sure what that would make us after over 40 cruises. So far. Yep we're still cruising with 3 booked right now.

Cruise Obsession Disorder: a person that constantly wants to be on a cruise, and always finds opportunities to go on a cruise, and when not on a cruise the person may obsess or fantasize about being on one.

The person with the cruise obsession disorder may annoy or agitate friends or partners by wanting to be on a cruise most of the time, and constantly talks about cruises.

Yes, and I've heard that the ADA has recently been amended for COD. It entitles you to a 1 category upgrade on any cruise ship (and a buy one get a second for the same price bingo card). You can only claim this benefit if you have more than 840 posts on CC, though.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by WEGL81

Yes, yes and yes! We are total cruise addicts. That is why we cruise almost every month. Nothing better than heading out on another cruise!!