Booking another cruise on board

You don't save any money on the cruise fare but you will get some OBC that you can choose to take on the current cruise or on the future cruise. You also get greatly reduced deposits that are equal to the amount of OBC.

Reduced deposit and on board credit in the following "per stateroom" amounts:

Booking a specific cruise

-------------------------

•5-7 night cruises

◦Interior/Oceanview: $50

◦Balcony/Junior Suite: $100

◦Grand Suite and above: $200

•8-10 night cruises

◦Interior/Oceanview: $100

◦Balcony/Junior Suite: $150

◦Grand Suite and above: $300

•11-14 night cruises

◦Interior/Oceanview: $150

◦Balcony/Junior Suite: $200

◦Grand Suite and above: $400

•15 nights or longer cruises

◦Interior/Oceanview: $200

◦Balcony/Junior Suite: $250

◦Grand Suite and above: $500

The above chart is from Bob

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Or, if you do an open booking (future cruise certificate) rather than a specific booking, you get the following:

The amount of onboard credit you get from Royal Caribbean with a NextCruise Certificate depends on the length of cruise you select. Here's the breakdown for open bookings:

3-5 Nights $25

6-9 Nights $100

10-14 Nights $150

15 + Nights $200

(This is what it was a couple of years ago....if it's changed since then, I would welcome someone correcting me.)

Or, if you do an open booking (future cruise certificate) rather than a specific booking, you get the following:

The amount of onboard credit you get from Royal Caribbean with a NextCruise Certificate depends on the length of cruise you select. Here's the breakdown for open bookings:

3-5 Nights $25

6-9 Nights $100

10-14 Nights $150

15 + Nights $200

(This is what it was a couple of years ago....if it's changed since then, I would welcome someone correcting me.)

It's now changed. No longer an OBC for 3 and 4 night sailings

OBC now is

Length of Cruise

5-7 days ........... $25

8-10 days ......... $50

11-14 days........ $75

15 + days...........$100

It's now changed. No longer an OBC for 3 and 4 night sailings

OBC now is

Length of Cruise

5-7 days ........... $25

8-10 days ......... $50

11-14 days........ $75

15 + days...........$100

Good to know -- thanks for the info!

We had planned to book a Jan. 2017 3-nighter on the Enchantment while on board the Grandeur later this month. I guess it would seem there's no real point in booking it while on board any more.

We had planned to book a Jan. 2017 3-nighter on the Enchantment while on board the Grandeur later this month. I guess it would seem there's no real point in booking it while on board any more.

No point- no OBC and you do not get the reduced deposit either

Im not sure if they have the reduced deposit feature for the 3 and 4 night cruises.

I booked a 9-day cuise onbord last year, and got a $150 OBC for a JS. I also asked about their sale at the time (BOGO), which they applied to my booking. Interesting, I was talking to a couple who told me that they asked about the sale and were told it wasn't available to them onboard. Anyway, it's worth checking to see if there are any promotions before you book onboard so you're prepared to ask

They linked the booking to my TA, but I also gave my TA the booking number when I got home. He said it usually shows up in his records when his clients book onboard, but somehow this one didn't.

Edited by Truluv

Isn't there a larger OBC incentive when booking oboard during the first three days of your cruise...seems they were offering something like this recently onboard...up to $500 (yes I know those were longer sailings but I believe even for 7 nights sailings it was more than $100) it was definitely something to do with those first three days :confused:

Isn't there a larger OBC incentive when booking oboard during the first three days of your cruise...seems they were offering something like this recently onboard...up to $500 (yes I know those were longer sailings but I believe even for 7 nights sailings it was more than $100) it was definitely something to do with those first three days :confused:

The only incentive for booking on your first 3 days is that you are entered into a draw to win an additional $300 in OBC. In true Royal misleading advertising fashion I have seen that potential $300 included in the total OBC available....always read the fine print..

The only incentive for booking on your first 3 days is that you are entered into a draw to win an additional $300 in OBC. In true Royal misleading advertising fashion I have seen that potential $300 included in the total OBC available....always read the fine print..

That's all I have seen as well

While you may not save any money, you do get that little bit of OBC, the reduced deposit (which was nice), and you can move your cruise if you need to without any extra charges. We have already moved ours once. If a new promotion starts and the price of your cruise is cheaper you can call RCCL and they will credit your card the difference. I believe that is right anyway. If not, someone please correct me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Guest maddycat
While you may not save any money, you do get that little bit of OBC, the reduced deposit (which was nice), and you can move your cruise if you need to without any extra charges. We have already moved ours once. If a new promotion starts and the price of your cruise is cheaper you can call RCCL and they will credit your card the difference. I believe that is right anyway. If not, someone please correct me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You're correct. We booked on board and were able to get price drops with new promotions.

We just booked our honeymoon on our last cruise and received 200 dollars of onboard credit and free gratuities! We also only had to put 200 down at the time.

Just so that no one gets confused, the OBC and the reduced deposit would be the perk for booking on board. The free gratuities would have been a regular promotion that would have been available no matter where the cruise was booked.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

We booked our next cruise during our last one. RCI was running a 30% off Sale. For three days they upped it to 35% for Canadian residents. We got that plus $100 OBC and paid $100 deposit.

We've done that before and, if there's a price drop, gotten that applied, too.

So I'm a big believer in on board booking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just left San juan on the Adventure of the Sea and stopped at the Cruise desk to get a quote on a cruise in November on the Harmony. Since this is the first month this ship will be in the US the price was 4600.00 for 2 and up to 500.00 OBC.For 7 days .

Edited by philsr1939

I just left San juan on the Adventure of the Sea and stopped at the Cruise desk to get a quote on a cruise in November on the Harmony. Since this is the first month this ship will be in the US the price was 4600.00 for 2 and up to 500.00 OBC.For 7 days .

Make sure you check on the OBC. If you booked a full suite for a 7 day cruise that would be $200 OBC and the remaining $300 OBC would be if you won the draw for booking during the first 3 days of your cruise.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

For what it's worth, anyone interested in a Celebrity cruise should check out what they are offering. You can book it on a Royal ship and they sometimes run specials that you can only get on board. Our last two bookings for Celebrity were made on Royal ships. You'll at least receive the same OBC and reduced deposits you get for a Royal cruise.