SWA to Long Beach!

jennybenny

So Excited that SWA now has service to Long Beach!! That will make cruising out of LA so much easier. LAX always has the potential for traffic.

With SWA and Jet Blue we can now easily fly in and out of Long Beach (which we have already booked for our next cruise!)

I live about 6 miles from Long Beach Airport and totally love when I can use it. SW coming in is great. I love Jet Blue, however I do wish American and Delta would go back to the service they once had. Yes, Long Beach is good to use for cruises.

I wonder if any more cruise lines will start using the Long Beach cruise terminal anytime soon. I've only used it once, for Carnival -- I think most everything else is in San Pedro. My only complaint about the LB terminal was the parking -- it took an hour to get out of the garage post-cruise. Seriously understaffed.

I wonder if any more cruise lines will start using the Long Beach cruise terminal anytime soon. I've only used it once, for Carnival -- I think most everything else is in San Pedro. My only complaint about the LB terminal was the parking -- it took an hour to get out of the garage post-cruise. Seriously understaffed.

Doesn't Carnival own the Long Beach cruise terminal? I believe the World Cruise Terminal in San Pedro is "owned" by the Port of Los Angeles.

My thought here, is that cruise companies may be reluctant to pay fees to a competitor. I may be wrong.

I know that Princess uses the Long Beach terminal for port calls. However, Princess and Carnival are both owned by the same holding company. So, that is just a matter of moving money from one pocket to another. All Princess embarkations and disembarkations are from San Pedro.

For a while the port staff was having 'issues'. Last time they had all booths manned.

To avoid the wait you could park in the flat area just outside the structure. When leaving the port stay to the left, as that's the only booth that takes payment.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Unfortunately, it would appear that right now if you are flying in from anywhere other than the Bay area you end up with either a stop or lay-over in Oakland. It sort of defeats the convenience of flying into Long Beach vs LAX.