Dinng Room Deck for As You Wish??

retdon

Sailing on the Nieuw Amsterdam 10/23 and have any time dinning. Which deck 3 or 2 is this held? Thanks, Linda

AYW is usually the lower level. Lower level is also Early Dining and Upper is late Dining but some AYW may be taken to the Upper level if seating is available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upper level is fixed seating, while the lower level is open seating. Both choices are "As You Wish".

Once in a while there is an unused table (either for the entire cruise, or just one night) on the upper level. In that case, some open seating passengers may be seated there.

Upper level is fixed seating, while the lower level is open seating. Both choices are "As You Wish".

Once in a while there is an unused table (either for the entire cruise, or just one night) on the upper level. In that case, some open seating passengers may be seated there.

Seems HAL must be wrong?

4da70116b0642ffa3f52a069db6bbe07.jpg

Seems HAL must be wrong?

No, that confirms exactly what Ruth said: the term As You Wish includes all forms of dining: the Fixed seating on the upper level at 5:45 and 8:00 and the Open seating on the lower level to "welcome guests as they arrive" and the specialty restaurants listed. Edited by catl331

No, that confirms exactly what Ruth said: the term As You Wish includes all forms of dining: the Fixed seating on the upper level at 5:45 and 8:00 and the Open seating on the lower level to "welcome guests as they arrive" and the specialty restaurants listed.

Here we go with the Semantics again? I believe, since they ask the level, they were referring to "Open Dining" and that is how I answered since it is the lower level. I'm an oldie and used to "Fixed" seating which is and used to be Early and Main but with the introduction of "Open Dining" HAL went with the "As you Wish" term. Sorry I'll be more specific next time, if I even answer this ? again!

Here we go with the Semantics again? I believe, since they ask the level, they were referring to "Open Dining" and that is how I answered since it is the lower level. I'm an oldie and used to "Fixed" seating which is and used to be Early and Main but with the introduction of "Open Dining" HAL went with the "As you Wish" term. Sorry I'll be more specific next time, if I even answer this ? again!

Well, no. You stated that Early [fixed] dining was on lower level. It isn't. All fixed dining is on upper level.

Well, no. You stated that Early [fixed] dining was on lower level. It isn't. All fixed dining is on upper level.

Sorry my mistake was Early and Main Dining is in upper level, I said I was an "oldie"[emoji41]

However again what the OP was asking was Open Seating, assumption based on the level? And that is on the lower level.

Only trying to help!

I had fixed early dining on my last cruise and was on the LOWER level of the dining room. It depends on how many passengers want fixed dining and what size table they request.

On the previous cruise I had fixed early dining and was on the UPPER level, but the tables around me were the Open/Anytime diners.

It's not definite that one level is strictly one type of diner. But, generally, the lower level is reserved for Open/Anytime dining and the upper level is for Fixed dining.

It's sad that HAL persists in using this confusing As You Wish term that even 5-star Mariners mistakenly equate to "open" or "any time". :(

As a 5* Mariner I agree, have you ever heard the term "PC" in today's world? Gotta appeal to everyone so they confuse the issue.

Of course all we have ever known in all but one cruise is "Main Dining Table for 2". Tried "Open Seating" once and did not like the wait time even though the Explorer's Bar was close, [emoji56]

Ok Ok Ok folks, I mean we have "open", "go when you want", "as you wish", or just show up, LOL........

We do not have the "early or late fixed time seating".

Thanks Ruth I knew or Krazy K. would answer.....

Just looking at floor arrangement for a group. Linda