Surprise Cruise- keeping the secret for 13 months

FLArmyWife

Aren't you supposed to be on your way to hotel? lol How did you do your online checkin without his passport or birth certificate? Glad you found a copy. It would have been awful if you couldn't cruise because he had no documentation.

Well we had a WONDERFUL time.

it's been a hectic 48 hours or so since getting back and will only continue to be more hectic.

I hope next week to post a full report but this week I am on my own to pack our 1200sqft, 2 bed 2 bath apartment before Saturday morning.

I'd be interested in hearing how these awesome, and Marvelous SURPRISES work out for the person who has been kept in the dark. If anyone has 'pulled it off', please let us know if the recipient LOVED it ??? or was overwhelmed by it ?? or--- Horrors of horrors, didn't like it ??

I'd be interested in hearing how these awesome, and Marvelous SURPRISES work out for the person who has been kept in the dark. If anyone has 'pulled it off', please let us know if the recipient LOVED it ??? or was overwhelmed by it ?? or--- Horrors of horrors, didn't like it ??
I don't want to hijack the thread, but I was one of the people who was 'surprised' and I loved it. DH and I had a cruise planned out of San Juan in November (we live in Chicago). My big 50th was the next month, but I didn't think anything of it. Imagine my surprise when we boarded and were in the cabin getting ready to go to dinner and a knock came at the door. I opened it thinking it was the cabin steward introducing himself. I was shocked out of my socks when it was our two great friends! We travel with them a lot, and unbeknownst to me, hubby had planned this entire surprise and they flew down to join us. I can't image the stress he felt, but I didn't have a clue. I always plan our vacations and so I had booked some excursions early on, and I was a bit surprised when he was adamant about not changing anything. (not knowing he had told our friends and they had also booked the excursions!:p) On top of that, we had flown down a day early to visit San Juan, and so did they, and we almost ran into each other a few times! So that was a great cruise. Our poor cabin steward was picking up "50" confetti all week. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, sorry I promise I haven't abandoned this thread. Things have been nuts. 2 days after getting back we had to start packing to move. Within 7 days we had moved and then of course 4 out of 5 household members got really ill. My son was running fevers of 102+. For 2 weeks we've been battling a double ear infection in him and have even had a trip to the ER. On top of all that we are trying to prepare for the possible impact of Irma.

So, I promise I will be back to update on how everything went and to answer posts/questions.

Thank you all for reading along

Hey guys, sorry I promise I haven't abandoned this thread. Things have been nuts. 2 days after getting back we had to start packing to move. Within 7 days we had moved and then of course 4 out of 5 household members got really ill. My son was running fevers of 102+. For 2 weeks we've been battling a double ear infection in him and have even had a trip to the ER. On top of all that we are trying to prepare for the possible impact of Irma.

So, I promise I will be back to update on how everything went and to answer posts/questions.

Thank you all for reading along

Please stay safe.

a quick check-in. Irma has officially made landfall. We are still a 3hrs drive from there though so they don't think the worst for us will hit for several more hours.

For now it's 7 people and 7 dogs in 1 house. We have water, food, and electricity. At this moment we're just trying not to go stir crazy.

My hub's national guard unit got called out. they are currently at a shelter where the storm is worst to help keep evacuees in order. Once the storm passes they'll help aid in any rescues or cleanup needed.

Sure hope you survived Irma ok. We are in Lakeland, and she came right over us. We lost our power afternoon. Was sure glad to see daylight Mon morning. We were very fortunate, and had no personal damage, tho others around us lost carports, sheds, and some roof damage.

We have been dying with no air, or water, since Sunday.

Got our power back at exactly 1:00 pm today. AC cranked up at last. Aaahhh, Heaven.

We survived and faired well. We lost power Sunday night at 8pm and didn't get power back for 39 hours. It was rough with so many dogs and people in the house. Also my hubs got called out to go to Fort Myers on the Friday before the storm and just got back on Sunday.

Of course it's taken a little for our cable/internet company to get everything fixed since the power issues but finally everything is returning to normal.

Monday I will be on my own for several hours while hubs is at school, baby is at preschool, and in-laws are at work. Should give me plenty of time to finally get around to that review.

Grany so glad y'all faired pretty well.