Surprise Cruise- keeping the secret for 13 months

FLArmyWife

You can't bring on water, but you can pre-purchase 12-packs through the funshops at a fairly reasonable price. We had Cheers and I still pre-purchased for our 18 year old and for the convenience of having them in our cabin.

Thank you. I'll have to look into this

Occasionally FTTF does become available (as people cancel it or they just release more based on how platinum cruisers are booking) but will sell out again quickly. Your best bet is to check daily if you can.

Will do! I kick myself for not purchasing it months ago when it was available.

A small rolling bag is perfect. You can carry on any luggage as long as it will fit through the scanners (I don't know the exact dimensions, but there are many threads on this topic). But, keep in mind that if you do not have FTTF, you will need to keep it with you until your cabin is ready. Even with FTTF, we prefer a small rolling bag or backpack and just check the rest.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks! On previous cruises we lucked out and our room was ready a mere hour after check-in. I prefer rolling because my back cannot handle weight in a backpack but since my husband is military I know he'll take one of his military backpacks and he'll be able to handle the weight.

How fun and exciting! I love Splendor, she's the only ship with a retractable roof over the main pool and Dive In Theater. Great for stormy weather - you can still watch the movies and participate in deck activities. :)

If you like wine, you might want to consider purchasing the wine package Much cheaper than Cheers, and it takes a few bucks off a single bottle purchase on board.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1358/~/cruise-the-vineyards-wine-packages

Double check that rollcall... looks like there's two for the same cruise... the second was started just a couple weeks ago...

Thanks... I tried looking this morning and didn't see it... but baby brain does make finding some things fussy lol

Double check that rollcall... looks like there's two for the same cruise... the second was started just a couple weeks ago...

ok so I'm SO confused. When I did the "find your roll call" months ago there was nothing so I hit the thing to create one.. that's the 'roll call thread' that has no activity. But as you said when I did the "find your roll call" this time one came up... and it was a completely different page set up..

• 1 month later...

As the big day nears I am growing more and more anxious. I keep making mental notes of everything to buy, trying to plan how I want to reveal, etc. It's on my mind so much I catch myself several times a day about to make a comment in regards to the cruise. 107 days!

Hi FLArmyWife:

I also surprised my husband with a Cruise last September 2016, and had fun planning it. I requested time off from his job, he didn't even know I called his boss. I had to tell him 2 weeks before we left as he is funny about his clothes, etc. He was so so surprised. We live just outside of Philadelphia, PA. We flew in a day early, stayed at Embassy in Fort Lauderdale, he enjoyed the happy hour, and after a few drinks he met some friends, lol..

I brought us matching Eagles t-shirts, as the Eagles were playing that day we boarded the ship, to our surprise, their were about 15 Eagles fans in the Skybox dressed in Eagles attire. He was so happy, we shouted the Eagles chant, they toasted their beer glasses, they screamed, they laughed. There were also a few Pittsburgh fans, since they were out numbered and was loosing they left the Skybox. We really had a blast! They had a white heat night, we dressed in all white that night.

I had our cabin decorated and ordered a cake. My hubby loves chocolate, I packed all his favorite treats; No children, no family, it was just us.

Have fun planning your surprise! I know you will have a blast! Please let me know if I can answer any questions. Happy Sailing!!

Nae

Carnival Platinum Guest

Hi FLArmyWife:

I also surprised my husband with a Cruise last September 2016, and had fun planning it. I requested time off from his job, he didn't even know I called his boss. I had to tell him 2 weeks before we left as he is funny about his clothes, etc. He was so so surprised. We live just outside of Philadelphia, PA. We flew in a day early, stayed at Embassy in Fort Lauderdale, he enjoyed the happy hour, and after a few drinks he met some friends, lol..

I brought us matching Eagles t-shirts, as the Eagles were playing that day we boarded the ship, to our surprise, their were about 15 Eagles fans in the Skybox dressed in Eagles attire. He was so happy, we shouted the Eagles chant, they toasted their beer glasses, they screamed, they laughed. There were also a few Pittsburgh fans, since they were out numbered and was loosing they left the Skybox. We really had a blast! They had a white heat night, we dressed in all white that night.

I had our cabin decorated and ordered a cake. My hubby loves chocolate, I packed all his favorite treats; No children, no family, it was just us.

Have fun planning your surprise! I know you will have a blast! Please let me know if I can answer any questions. Happy Sailing!!

Nae

Carnival Platinum Guest

Sounds like so much fun. I did look into the decoration and cake options but didn't see any graduation specific ones. Maybe I could ask my carnival rep?

I'm 1 month in for a surprise as well. 25th Anniversary.

May 2018 on the Vista, Havana Aft Wrap! 7459

Best of luck and thank him for his service!

How exciting.

Thank you

I'm having the same issue!

Daughter graduates college in December '17, her birthday is in December (2 days before cruise time) and its New Years Eve on top of that! I've been working on plans for weeks, but I'm not sure I'm going to make it through the summer without spilling the beans! *LOL*

• 2 weeks later...
I'm having the same issue!

Daughter graduates college in December '17, her birthday is in December (2 days before cruise time) and its New Years Eve on top of that! I've been working on plans for weeks, but I'm not sure I'm going to make it through the summer without spilling the beans! *LOL*

oh wow. I hope you are able to keep the secret!

I had a virtual dance the other day when I realized we are at less than 100 days now!

Can't believe it's time to start collecting items for the reveal. :eek:

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you everyone.

two of our dogs got in a tift and one of them is 17 so something that is usually just like a slight snip at each other turned into the older pup needing surgery.

Final cruise payment is due the 30th so I have a little over a week to try and figure out what I am going to do.

My pup pulled through his second procedure and seems to be doing really well. thank you all for your well wishes

I THINK it might still be possible to do the cruise, but I have to sit and do some serious number crunching

My pup pulled through his second procedure and seems to be doing really well. thank you all for your well wishes

I THINK it might still be possible to do the cruise, but I have to sit and do some serious number crunching

So sorry that happened. I hope you can work it out - can the vet set up a payment plan for you? Some of them will do that. I would explain to them what you are trying to do. I hope your fur-baby recovers quickly.

The special card we put it on (specifically made for medical emergencies) does 6 months free financing which is why I'm slightly optimistic about being able to make things work, things for us are just always financially strapped. Hubs is a full time student and I am a stay at home mom. The only $$ we make it what he gets for attending school which barely covers rent, utilities, and other required bills. We receive WIC to help with food for our toddler and we WERE receiving food benefits but that just expired and we are unable to complete the required paperwork to requalify. Just a lot to figure out. We have savings, just a matter of seeing if there is enough in savings to help cover us for 3 months.

misfit- I know my mother-in-law was looking into purchasing things for us through carnival (water package, $$ to put towards drinks, etc) but unfortunately no one is in a financial position to help. I'm trying to stay optimistic and will be doing a lot of number crunching. I remembered I have a few visa gift cards I've received for holidays/birthdays so I might see how much that totals too and if that'll help. I did manage to snag $300 in carnival GCs from the aarp rewards site so knowing I saved $$ there is helpful too.

When is final payment or are you already past it? What's the total amount due and maybe you could take that number, divide by three (3 months) then see if it's attainable. Something we do is cook stuff out of the freezer, pantry whatever. Just don't buy groceries and there is some extra $$$. Hope it works out for you!