Crown Princess drinks package

dd999

We are going around Hawaii and South Pacific for 1 month on the Crown Princess and wondered if it would be worth doing the drinks package. I have never travelled with Princess so not sure on the cost of the drinks. Any advice you have would be gratefully received.:)

Take advantage of our All-Inclusive Beverage Package which includes any individual beverage item, such as soda, water, cocktails, spirits, wines, beers, coffee and tea, up to $10 (retail value). Bottles of wine are NOT included in the package; however, when purchased in bars, dining rooms or specialty restaurants, will be available at 40% discount from the menu price. Applicable to all bottles below $100 retail. Note: This package is available for consumption at all bars, public areas and dining venues (not room service and excludes mini bar items). Terms and conditions may apply.

$ 56.35 per day

Google- He's your friend.

Yes I do like bottled water and tea. I'm not one to drink during the day but may have a few Bacardi's in the evening and partner would have a few beers, although I don't drink everyday he probably will. I just wasn't sure if the cost of drinks individually would work out more, but think I maybe doing the package now. Thank you.

We are going around Hawaii and South Pacific for 1 month on the Crown Princess and wondered if it would be worth doing the drinks package. I have never travelled with Princess so not sure on the cost of the drinks. Any advice you have would be gratefully received.:)
Check out this thread to give you an idea of the cost of drinks and if the AIBP would make sense for you.

Princess Beverage Package Evaluator

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2038576

It depends upon what and how much you drink.

If you want to drink bottled water you can preorder only 12 half liter bottles for $6.95.

If you drink a lot of soft drinks the $8.05/day soda package may make sense.

If you drink a lot of beer and or mixed drinks the AIBP may make sense. Although they typically have buy one get one for a $1 specials from 3-4 in the afternoon and 11-12 at night in one bar.

If you only drink wine then one of the wine packages may make more sense. Discounts are significantly less than the 40% but you aren't paying more than $56 to get the discount.

Coffee drinks might be better served with the coffee card.

Edited by IECalCruiser

There is a difference between paying for the AIBP and booking the Sip & Sail promotion. The amount of OBC you receive instead of the AIBP as part of Sip & Sail is much less than the cost of purchasing the AIBP separately.

Even if you don't drink enough to purchase AIBP, you don't have to drink very much to make it better than the OBC alternative if you book during the Sip & Sail promotion.

Drinking in excess of 3 to 4 drinks per day for a male (2 to 3 for a female) is the line they usually draw between moderate drinking and alcoholic. From what the OP wrote, it doesn't sound like he fits the alcoholic category so it probably wouldn't pay.

So for those non-alcoholics, try this. Go to a broker like Charles Schwab, and for buy 100 shares of Carnival stock (CCL). It will cost about $5000 plus $8.95 commission. Print out your statement showing you own the Carnival stock, then sell the stock. It will cost you another $8.95 but you'll have your money back. Send a copy of the statement to the address for Princess shareholder services along with your cruise info, and they will give you a $250 on-board credit. With the credit you should be able to buy about 25 drinks, which may last you the cruise.

I'd only consider it if it was added as part of the Sip+Sail promotion that began today.

A 30 day cruise would cost over $3,000 per couple & that's not cost effective for me. I took a river cruise that included unlimited drinks & found that I could only drink so much.

For over a year Princess has offered a buy 1, get one for $1 promotion that's offered twice daily in one of the bars which is best for us.

Drinking in excess of 3 to 4 drinks per day for a male (2 to 3 for a female) is the line they usually draw between moderate drinking and alcoholic.

The line on a cruise is somewhere in the area of a dozen.

It's vacation for most passengers, that doesn't mean they live their life in a bottle.*

* Quoted from someone not famous.

Edited by neverbeenhere

Yes I do like bottled water and tea. I'm not one to drink during the day but may have a few Bacardi's in the evening and partner would have a few beers, although I don't drink everyday he probably will. I just wasn't sure if the cost of drinks individually would work out more, but think I maybe doing the package now. Thank you.
The drink package is per-person but you don't have to both buy it. You could buy it for yourself and your partner pay for his drinks per-drink.

I'd only consider it if it was added as part of the Sip+Sail promotion that began today.

A 30 day cruise would cost over $3,000 per couple & that's not cost effective for me. I took a river cruise that included unlimited drinks & found that I could only drink so much.

For over a year Princess has offered a buy 1, get one for $1 promotion that's offered twice daily in one of the bars which is best for us.

As the OP is in the UK I don't believe the Sip+Sail perk is available. That means the only option is purchase.

We took advantage of that offer for October 2017 and it's worth over $3100 for our 28 day cruise. Like you, we would never pay for that but, as a free perk, it's a heck of a deal.

I drink. I like to drink. I won't pay the $56.35 per day for the privilege to do so. Even though I could easily "'make it pay" I have no desire to pay that much so I simply drink less. (Gasp!) I do the BOGO daily and that helps keep my bar bill down. I also don't stay up really late and hang out in the bars where they play music I don't care for at a volume that is way too high. (Skywalker's...)

As the OP is in the UK I don't believe the Sip+Sail perk is available. That means the only option is purchase.

We took advantage of that offer for October 2017 and it's worth over $3100 for our 28 day cruise. Like you, we would never pay for that but, as a free perk, it's a heck of a deal.

I drink. I like to drink. I won't pay the $56.35 per day for the privilege to do so. Even though I could easily "'make it pay" I have no desire to pay that much so I simply drink less. (Gasp!) I do the BOGO daily and that helps keep my bar bill down. I also don't stay up really late and hang out in the bars where they play music I don't care for at a volume that is way too high. (Skywalker's...)

Thanks, I use the CC app which doesn't display the location of the person.

With 10 beers from my minibar, purchasing a wine package when available & BOGO$...that's sufficient for me. I prefer most of my daily caloric intake to come from food & not from alcohol. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

We would like to have a glass of wine with dinner but rarely do as it's just extra expense. With the AIBP it won't be an issue and an after dinner aperitif won't be out of the question either.

I like an Orange Juice and Pernod sometimes in the morning. (I sometimes think I'm the only person who drinks that but it's quite good. :)) I don't normally indulge as it's just added expense and it's not something I actually need. The pleasure of having the AIBP is that I can do things of that sort if I feel like it. I won't do it often even though I can but it's nice to have the option.

To change subjects, it looks like you have not joined us on the Roll Call for this cruise. Please come bye and join us. We are planning some activities for the sea days as well as some private tours for the ports. Join in those that interest you.

Check out this thread to give you an idea of the cost of drinks and if the AIBP would make sense for you.

Princess Beverage Package Evaluator

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2038576

If you only drink wine then one of the wine packages may make more sense. Discounts are significantly less than the 40% but you aren't paying more than $56 to get the discount.

There's a WINE package? I saw several for beer, soft drinks etc on the Princess site, but not that were wine only. Assuming they have a decent wine list, that might suit my needs. :)

All-Inclusive Beverage Package which includes any individual beverage item, such as wines, up to $10 (retail value). Bottles of wine are NOT included in the package; however, when purchased in bars, dining rooms or specialty restaurants, will be available at 40% discount from the menu price. Applicable to all bottles below $100 retail.

All-Inclusive Beverage Package- covers the gamut.

Edited by neverbeenhere

There's a WINE package? I saw several for beer, soft drinks etc on the Princess site, but not that were wine only. Assuming they have a decent wine list, that might suit my needs. :)
Although not shown on the website, there are wine packages offered on cruises of 10 days or more.
The details on the wine packages are:

Note: A 15% gratuity is added to all package prices (like any other bar purchase).

Silver Package (wines up to $29 per bottle list price)

7 bottles -- $161 (average of $23 per bottle)

10 bottles -- $210 (average of $21 per bottle)

12 bottles -- $240 (average of $20 per bottle)

Gold Package (wines up to $45 per bottle list price)

7 bottles -- $217 (average of $31 per bottle)

10 bottles -- $290 (average of $29 per bottle)

12 bottles -- $336 (average of $28 per bottle)

You get a punch card which can be used at any of the dining locations.

You may choose any wine on on the regular wine menu. If you want to buy a wine that costs more than what the package covers, you just pay the difference. For example, if you have a Gold package and buy a wine that costs $46, the charge for $46 will appear on your stateroom account, followed by a $45 credit

Edited by IECalCruiser