Getting Excited

I really begin getting excited when the final payment is made.:) After we did our big cruise out of Sydney a couple years ago, I have kept a spreadsheet where I can keep track of all expenses, Hotel, Flight etc and set up a separate account just for the Cruises soIi am not taking from our personal acct. I keep regular deposits in it so any Cruise payments, airline costs are paid from the cruise acct including our on board charges. Have a wonderful cruise.

I just made my third payment with 5 more payments left to go. I am getting so excited I could burst. Am I the only one who goes through this when they make a payment?

Never made payments other than deposit and final. How/why do you arrange payments?

Never made payments other than deposit and final. How/why do you arrange payments?

We also only make a deposit and final payment. It seems like a lot of extra work to make payments, have separate cruise accounts, spreadsheets, etc. I'd rather hold on to my money until final payment is due. I'd probably payoff early if they gave me sb credit or something. :)

For me depending on the amount of the final payment, my cruise funds may not have enough in them at the time as I am making monthly deposits to build the acct back up again. When we did Australia ( 3 cruises + 11 days land trips ) I did have the acct built up enough that any payments I made toward the 3 cruises ( 4 payments each ), I was able to pay each payment in full, however we did a cruise following that trip last Oct, as a result the funds were down. Except for the TA next August, I have made deposit on the other three and when final is due will pay the full balance of each cruise off.

Again depending on the balance owed, I may split that into 2 or 3 payments incl final. It goes on my Credit Card then I pay the card of in full before making another payment on the cruise.

Little Buddy's Mom, it maybe a lot of work however when we did that Australia trip I was easier for me to keep track of all expenses prior to the 3 cruises, with the Tours, flights & hotel involved. I keep the separate acct so the payments are not coming out of our personal accts.

Edited by Desert Cruizers

Because it is how I can afford to cruise. Each paycheck that comes in I am making a payment so that payment is in essence paid in full so I am not floating on my credit card being charged interest, the cruise line does that for me with no interest.

Because it is how I can afford to cruise. Each paycheck that comes in I am making a payment so that payment is in essence paid in full so I am not floating on my credit card being charged interest, the cruise line does that for me with no interest.

Whatever works, I guess. I just budget the funds and pay it off at final. Use credit card to get the points, but pay it off monthly

This may be a stupid question, but I cannot for anything find where to make payments/see what has already been paid and what is still owed on my cruise. We have only paid the deposit, and the cruise is in Jan., so I know a final payment isn't due until 75 days out. But I'd like to know where to find this info prior to then.

Scott, we all pay for our cruises differently and what works best for ourselves. If I am only dealing with one cruise it is much easier then having 3 or 4 lined up. Depending on the total Balance, I might call in final 1 to 2 months early or split into two separate payments. It all goes on my AE then I determine my monthly payments back to the Credit Card. I have two cruises next year within 1 month of each other, the final on one is due some 5 months before the cruise, however the TA following in August has a final payment date the end of June, so as not to overlap payments to the credit card I have to set up monthly credit card payments.I will be making hefty payments to the Credit card to pay off as quickly as possible. Since we go through our TA I notify her when to make a payment on the cruise. My cruise acct will have enough balance in it to cover our flights and on board charges when they come in.

Edited by Desert Cruizers

My TA handles it for me. She pays every month using my RCI credit card. By the time final payment rolls around I have enough points to add a little extra OBC [emoji847]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I just do monthly payments through the website on my own. I think it just varies from person to person, but especially if you are doing a suite (like I am on next cruise) it makes it feel less painful to spread it out. Sure, it's psychological, but it works for me.

This is exactly what I do. It is so easy - and fairly painless!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just made my third payment with 5 more payments left to go. I am getting so excited I could burst. Am I the only one who goes through this when they make a payment?

Lol...I do I do!!! I am down to 1 and 3/4 payments to go and I keep checking like it's going to pay it's self....ha ha ha...I am ready to reserve shows and dining too :D

I just do monthly payments through the website on my own. I think it just varies from person to person, but especially if you are doing a suite (like I am on next cruise) it makes it feel less painful to spread it out. Sure, it's psychological, but it works for me.

I agree!!!:D

Sounds like a good way to do it. I guess I don't understand how someone could pay for a cruise with a credit card and not pay the bill in full monthly. The interest would certainly add a lot to the cruise price. I wouldn't cruise if I couldn't afford to pay my credit card bill in full each month but I guess everyone doesn't feel that way. Hopefully, they have a rainy day fund.

I just paid mine in full a couple weeks ago, luckily final payment is still a month down the road, hoping for some savings. And yes, my energy level would go up as my balance went down. I'm busting and ready for September to get here.

This may be a stupid question, but I cannot for anything find where to make payments/see what has already been paid and what is still owed on my cruise. We have only paid the deposit, and the cruise is in Jan., so I know a final payment isn't due until 75 days out. But I'd like to know where to find this info prior to then.

Did you book directly? If so, did you book online yourself, or call up and use a RC CVP? If so, you can go into your My Cruises page on the Royal Caribbean website and make payments there.

Did you use a TA? Then you have to make payments through him/her.

If that works for you, then fine. But everyone is required to make an intial deposit so we're all in the same boat there. But with no payment due until the final payment date, there is no money floating on a credit card or being charged interest until that final paayment date.

Again, installments are fine if that is your preference but those of us who wait and pay the balance in full with final payment there is no penalty. Personally I would rather hold on to my money until then rather than have the cruise line have it for months on going. Perhaps set asside the payment you are making into a savings account to your benefit and then pay in full on final payment date. Just an alternative thought, but again whatever works for you is fine.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Did you book directly? If so, did you book online yourself, or call up and use a RC CVP? If so, you can go into your My Cruises page on the Royal Caribbean website and make payments there.

Did you use a TA? Then you have to make payments through him/her.

Thanks for the response. I had booked directly online, no CVP. I think the issue was my husband owned the booking, not me. So I passed this on to him!