Hotel Package

Babr

Does the hotel/transfer package purchased through Princess typically include breakfast?

I recently inquired about a package as a point of comparison for planning purposes, but the Princess rep to whom I spoke could not tell me the answer. He said it is not included in the description of any of the packages, but I remember having breakfast included when we purchased hotel/transfers in Rome a few years back.

It seems to me that it should be a part of the package since one is already paying a premium for the service, but if it is not in writing there is no way of knowing for sure. Maybe it depends on the hotel?

What has been your experience?

THe only hotel packages I've looked at have been for when I fly in the day before, stay overnight, and take Princess transfers to the cruise terminal. The hotel cost has always been ridiculously more expensive than what I can book the same hotel for on my own! Princess will tell you what hotel(s) they use in various cities. And on those I've looked at the Princess package did not include breakfast.

Example for our upcoming cruise....Princess hotel + transfer package was over $600. We can book the same hotel + breakfast on our own for $116 and add Princess transfers for $98.... Total $214. Um.....rather a "no brainer" that I'm not going to let Princess book the hotel for us! And this is the SAME hotel, and includes a complimentary transfer from the airport to the hotel. I think the hotel without breakfast was just under $100.

I'm sure it varies at other ports, and this one is a non-US port, so your experience may vary.

I am doing a post hotel in Vancouver (Fairmont) through princess in September, and I was told it did not include breakfast. It actually states that in the paperwork

Hmm. Fairmont across the street from the pier is expensive (we have stayed there only once), but I bet a bunch cheaper booked separately. Lots of good hotels in Vancouver within a few blocks of the pier. Very expensive breakfasts there but you can always head downstairs to Tim Horton's. We've never had any meals included on the few Princess hotels we have booked.

Edited by LeeW
more

we were just at the westin in seattle,which had no breakfast included in the package,but it included transfers from the airport to the hotel and to the cruise ship.

All in all the package was fairly expensive.

long cruiser

Recently added Pre-night stay in Fort Lauderdale in Feb. The cost was fairly comparable to doing it all ourselves because the cost of the pre-night stay plus transfers was the same regardless if you arrived at FLL or MIA and we are flying into Miami. Just FYI,

Bob fr TX

Booked a hotel through Princess in Houston along with a transfer to the port. Breakfast was not included. This transfer in Houston is probably the only real bargain that Princess offers. The airport is about an hour's drive to the port.

It is easy to price each part separately and decide what works best for you. Princess will quote you the transfer price and you can easily look up the hotel cost for your dates on line.

Agree that Houston transfers were a bargain...but since Princess no longer cruises out of Houston, we can forget that one.

Edited by moki'smommy

Hmm. Fairmont across the street from the pier is expensive (we have stayed there only once), but I bet a bunch cheaper booked separately. Lots of good hotels in Vancouver within a few blocks of the pier. Very expensive breakfasts there but you can always head downstairs to Tim Horton's. We've never had any meals included on the few Princess hotels we have booked.

Not to far from most hotels is a place called Moose Down Under. Great place for breakfast in Vancouver.