Hotel in Seattle the night before our cruise.

azbeachbum2016

So I guess that I waited to long to book our hotel because all the hotels in the downtown area are pretty much out of our price range!! I don't really want to stay by the airport because we came to Seattle a day early to see the sights... Space needle, pikes market. Can any one suggest either a hotel in the downtown area that is under $200. That is close to these. Or another area that we could still be close to the sites and easily get to the cruise ship the next morning, thanks so much!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Not sure what we paid but the Mayflower Park was fairly central and must have been reasonably priced :D You only had to walk one block to shops/restaurants and to board the city trolley (aka HoHo) which was an easy way to get around.

We stayed near the airport, but with the light rail it is quick and not expensive to get downtown. There is a station at the airport, so if your hotel has a complimentary shuttle it will get you to the station.

Next trip, we stayed downtown. Not a huge difference really except no need to take the transportation.

Prices of downtown hotels depend on dates. Impossible to suggest one without knowing dates and discount plans you may be eligible for.

So I guess that I waited to long to book our hotel because all the hotels in the downtown area are pretty much out of our price range!! I don't really want to stay by the airport because we came to Seattle a day early to see the sights... Space needle, pikes market. Can any one suggest either a hotel in the downtown area that is under $200. That is close to these. Or another area that we could still be close to the sites and easily get to the cruise ship the next morning, thanks so much!!

Silver Cloud Lake Union.

http://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=CzXDKARd1V6nwOJXtpAPXoby4Bc__hpRFvuKcsPMChrO8zE8IABABYMm2hofMo8AXoAGu35LwA8gBAaoEJE_Qj024TTUTITI_-PJIzEgLVQY1pbzImv5A2MNtZrOWR4pFDYgGAYAHuqDtD4gHAZAHAqgHpr4b2AcB&ohost=www.google.com&cid=CAESIOD2nMwuBdkiTcEQXWPCL7h7gQQ3bq2XFfAJDfXW82Sr&sig=AOD64_09blZleA7VpQdTD3E1YVz6ekaZyw&clui=0&q=&ved=0ahUKEwjj0b-y5s_NAhWk34MKHWUIBJAQ0QwIGg&adurl=http://www.silvercloud.com/seattlelakeunion

Beautiful lake views, free buffet breakfast.

They have a free shuttle all day from the hotel that will take you to those places you list and more. Its probably a 15-20 ride to the pier.

There internet rate is usually around $189 per.

If you need great reliable reasonable transportation in Seattle airport to hotel to pier etc we use A-1 Limo (Solomon) 206-245-3540.

There is a Fairfield Suites and a Hampton inn very near the dock in Bremerton Washington. A short $ 8.20 per person round trip on the ferry. If we can't score a "deal" in downtown, we have stayed at these hotels. Hey you even get another "cruise" out of the trip.

BTW I thought beach bums slept in the shoreline weeds.

4 days until ???

Edited by neverbeenhere

You can find specific Seattle info at the west cost board and use tripadvisor.com.

We have booked the Mayflower on a discount site for a three night post cruise stay. Booked a while back, we got a great rate.

I usually use the Trivago as my search engine, and have had good luck with it. The couple of times we have stayed in Seattle, we stayed at the TravelLodge by the Space Needle. It is not great, but it is clean, and usually under $200 per night. The great part, it is two blocks from the Space Needle and the associated park. It is walking distance (about a mile) to Pike Market. Very convenient for walking.

This is the hotel we stayed before our Alaska cruise. We could see the Space Needle out our window.

Holiday Inn Express & Suites : Seattle-City Center

226 Aurora Avenue , Seattle, WA 98109 , United States

1 877 410 6667 (Reservations) 1-206-4417222 (Front Desk)

Call directly to the hotel for up to date cancellations. It was also nearby pier 91. We took a taxi and the cost was inexpensive. Call ahead to schedule a pick up. Hotel can help you with that information.

Good Luck :)

Go to priceline.com and put in seattle, and downtown and you can see what there is available in your price range. Maps show you where the hotels are. Prices are higher now, I'm sorry to say, but maybe you can find something in your price range.

Pooh

By looking at your history of posts, I'm going to guess you are looking at September 3rd correct?

Seattle is generally high during cruise season with pricing generally over $200 per night. Combine that with a 1 night Saturday stay on a holiday weekend, the odds are you could pay a premium.

Priceline is an option. Express deals going in the $240-$389 range. There is a 2* for $182 in the Downtown/Pike-Place/Belltown-Westlake area. Not sure about that as I haven't stayed there. You can name your own price but expect to pay near or above $200.

Airport option isn't bad. I've done it plenty of times and taken the lightrail in.

Check on the West Coast board as I'm sure there is lots of information on different hotel options.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=413

If you can find one for under $200 a night EVER you're doing well. Seattle is very expensive. If you need something under that price range do stay by the airport. Light Rail is super easy to take into the downtown area to see the sights. Also know that restaurants are expensive downtown as well. Good luck on your planning...you'll love Alaska!

Book a tolerable backup that you can cancel. Start looking at the opaque channels (PL, Hotwire) about two weeks out, up until the day you get here - managers get desperate three days out.

The reality is that Seattle is really, really expensive for downtown properties during the high season and several lower-price properties have closed in the last few years, with very few moderate-price properties replacing them. I can't imagine spending $200 for the Travelodge, but people do - I see rates this weekend slightly over 200, in fact.

We just got back from our 19 June Alaskan cruise onboard the Ruby Princess. We stayed in Seattle at the Hampton Inn on 28th Ave near the airport both pre and post cruise. I would highly recommend this hotel. They offer a courtesy airport shuttle (10 minute ride) as well as a courtesy shuttle to the light rail (5 minute ride). The light rail cost $6.00 RT to get to Pike's Marketplace downtown which is about a 40 minute commute. Once downtown, you can catch the Monorail to the Space Needle for another $4.50 RT. The Hampton Inn is clean and the employees are very friendly.

Post # 4 from Colo cruiser would be my choice in your situation - we stayed two nights pre-cruise at the Executive Hotel Pacific in downtown Seattle - great location and we got it for a steal of a deal but we booked way early. Based on a mock booking - the silver cloud looks like the best bet to me [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Cruiseintoheaven I check and the silver cloud is already booked! Looking for a room for sept 3-4. I didn't realize that not only is it a weekend stay but it's also a holiday weekend:/ I also just checked the executive hotel it's booked too!! Man I learned a valuable lesson here!! Book early!!

Edited by azbeachbum2016

Cruiseintoheaven I check and the silver cloud is already booked! Looking for a room for sept 3-4. I didn't realize that not only is it a weekend stay but it's also a holiday weekend:/ I also just checked the executive hotel it's booked too!! Man I learned a valuable lesson here!! Book early!!

Did you call the hotel directly?

This is the hotel we stayed before our Alaska cruise. We could see the Space Needle out our window.

Holiday Inn Express & Suites : Seattle-City Center

226 Aurora Avenue , Seattle, WA 98109 , United States

1 877 410 6667 (Reservations) 1-206-4417222 (Front Desk)

Call directly to the hotel for up to date cancellations. It was also nearby pier 91. We took a taxi and the cost was inexpensive. Call ahead to schedule a pick up. Hotel can help you with that information.

Good Luck :)

My last time in Seattle, we stayed here post-cruise (in 2004) for a few days. We actually stayed pre-cruise at another hotel which we didn't like so we stopped by and booked it in person just a week before. Trip advisor reviews were a bit negative -- too noisy because it's on a high way (NOPE, our room actually faced the highway and the windows seemed to keep out the noise) and inconvenient because there's not a direct route to the center. But we just walked down to the closest intersection and it was a short walk to get to the Needle. The only comments that seemed to fit were about the garage as the spaces were narrow and unfortunately the rental car didn't have the sedan class we asked for and we got stuck with a minivan.

We just got back from our 19 June Alaskan cruise onboard the Ruby Princess. We stayed in Seattle at the Hampton Inn on 28th Ave near the airport both pre and post cruise. I would highly recommend this hotel. They offer a courtesy airport shuttle (10 minute ride) as well as a courtesy shuttle to the light rail (5 minute ride). The light rail cost $6.00 RT to get to Pike's Marketplace downtown which is about a 40 minute commute. Once downtown, you can catch the Monorail to the Space Needle for another $4.50 RT. The Hampton Inn is clean and the employees are very friendly.

We stayed there for 3 nights before our May 15th Ruby cruise. We loved the hotel, and like you said, the staff was very friendly. The breakfast was much larger than the average Hampton Inn breakfast, too.

The hotels may have availability, but they may not show available. Most hotels have a minimum night requirement over holiday weekends. I run into this every year for a family event and have to call the hotel directly. Sometimes even the hotel can't over ride the minimum, but they put us on a list and when the minimum night drops off (usually week of) they call to confirm my reservation. If I were you I'd add an extra day or 2 and do a mock booking to see if any hotels are available and gather approximate prices. Call the couple you like best and see if they can book you for 1 night or if they have a list. If they can book you-problem solved. If put on a list- I'd book a back up room that can be cancelled by the airport. Then if they call with price of 1 night you can decide to pay it or stay by the airport