Summit Bermuda Review June 2016

LA_CA_GAL

This will be a review of our Celebrity Summit cruise to Bermuda June 26, 2016 to July 3, 2016. There will be lots of pictures, but, bear with me, as I literally took thousands of pictures, so just sorting and prioritizing which ones to use will take time. I also used two different cameras, my DSLR and an underwater Nikon.

Cabin: 1140 Aft, Aqua Suite

We left from Delaware County PA, just south of Philadelphia. We are a couple late 50’s, husband and wife.

Tremendously easy ride to the port. We left at about 8:30 AM and were parked in the garage by 10:30.

I was somewhat surprised as boarding had already begun, but, in short time, we were on the ship by about 11:00 AM. Incredibly smooth.

All in all, it was a fantastic cruise. Loved the ship, the crew, the food, and our Texas Hold ‘Em group, as we played just about every night. Lot’s of fun.

With Aqua Suite, we ate in Blu most of the time. Dinner was nice, as we could arrive whenever we felt like it. The buffet was called the Ocean View Café, and we had many a lunch and breakfast there, dinner once. The selections and quality of the food IMHO were good to fantastic.

I was also surprised with the entertainment. The shows were good, well worth attending. Also, there were bands playing in the various venues, pool side, Ocean View deck, inside, etc, were all pretty good.

• Like 1

This is a shot from the Ocean View deck looking up at our cabin.

_DSC0201_zps86vsam61.jpg

I have to admit, I was somewhat concerned with the noise problem. As you can see, located below us was the Ocean View deck/bar. Above us was the Rooftop Terrace which had movies. Well, let me tell you, when you are in the cabin, you hear absolutely nothing. Also, being aft center, there was zero foot traffic.

If you were on the balcony, you could hear below. You could listen to the acoustic guitar/singer, and on occasion, you would hear something from the movie. I had no problem whatsoever with any noise. 1140 was a great choice. Loved it.

Feel free to ask any questions that come to mind, and I will be happy to respond. As I said, this will be on-going for at least a couple of days as I sort through the pics and get the time to keep going.

Looking forward to your review!

We'll be on the Summit in October and can't wait to see more of your pics, too!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I have a ton of pictures, so, hang in there.

Will be doing the whole magilla of the week.

Water709 has a good review of the same cruise going.

Check that one out.

Just a quick note for anyone driving up from the south. It was incredibly easy. Just take the Jersey TPKE to exit 14A. Go nowhere near the Bayonne Bridge.

As I said previously, we came from Philly area, and were parked int the garage in less than two hours.

Upon embarkation, did you dine at Bistro on 5? Did you upgrade your drink package? We plan to do both. Did you have a favorite bar? Thank you.

Marie

OK, did not do Bistro or any specialty dining. Found the food very good at Blu and the Ocean View (buffet) Cafe.

We got the "Standard Drink Package". This was more than adequate as I do not do "martinis" and "upscale" drinks.

The only thing that I requested that was not covered was Red Bull.:confused::rolleyes:

I really did not have any favorite bars, as I would just grab a beer anywhere. However, I did find the two pool bars somewhat slow. Many would be ordering daiquiris, mudslides, and other goofy time consuming drinks. The easiest place to get a beer was right inside the OceanView Cafe, no wait whatsoever.

Also, I always bring a collapsible cooler. First thing I do when I get to the cabin is introduce myself to our steward. I find out where he is from, how long he has been on the ship, etc. Then I "bribe" him, and ask for the special request of filling my cooler with ice every day. BTW, we had Bang Bang for our steward, and he was fantastic.

During the course of the day, I would grab some unopened beers, take them back to the cabin, and put them in my cooler.

The easiest place to get a beer was right inside the OceanView Cafe, no wait whatsoever.

During the course of the day, I would grab some unopened beers, take them back to the cabin, and put them in my cooler.

That was one my favorite places also to get a beer as the beer is stacked in that ice cream cooler. He would put a couple of Stellas right near the side so they would be ice cold, with frost on them. Also, at the Ocean View Bar below (we were in 1138), I kept asking them for "cold" beer. They kept some in the back on ice for me. They were a great crew back there.

Deck 12, one flight up from us.

We never spent any time here. Not really interested in watching movies while on a cruise. As I said before, we did not even know it was there noisewise.

_DSC0065_zps57cus3bz.jpg

_DSC0053_zpslbb1mrgo.jpg

_DSC0052_zpsa66g5nw4.jpg

Sunset Cafe, Deck 10 aft, pretty neat place. Right inside is the Ocean View cafe, aka the Buffet, so you could grab a plateful, and bring it out here.

Just nice sitting here, watching the wake of the ship.

_DSC0036_zpsswhygl7n.jpg

_DSC0033_zps6pkulbsv.jpg

_DSC0206_zpssu6ly7wh.jpg

Looks like you had lovely weather too, great pictures! We were on the cruise on the 19th of June, also on Deck 11 and also traveling from Del. Co PA (we had a less smooth arrival on Sunday morning and wound up heading into NYC by accident).

Thanks so much for taking the time to post this review.. we're on the Summit this Sunday! If you have a chance, can you also share some of the dailies? I also have some questions:

Was there any latin music at all on the side? Salsa, merengue, etc..we love dancing (especially salsa!)...

You mentioned texas holdem...did you play cash or sit and go's? Was it a mix? If cash, was it $1/$2? What is the buy in for sit and go's or tournaments?

On embarkation day did anyone go swimming? We're thinking of packing out swimsuits with us so we can change and start swimming when we get on the ship...were the pools very crowded?

Thank you, thank you again for the review and pictures! Can't wait for more...