Carnival stock quesion

I have Carnival stock shares to qualify for OBC.

If I book three cabins on the same cruise for myself and family. can I receive OBC for each cabin? Or do I get just one OBC for the cabin I am in?

Thanks to anyone who may know the answer.

Joe

If Husband and wife each buy 100 shares then you can put 1 parent in each room and get the OBC for each cabin.

Otherwise whoever's name is on the stock as owner can only get the OBC for the cabin they are in.

I've never needed this but just curious. If the 100 shares are held jointly in both names, can each spouse book their own room with someone else and each cabin get the OBC? Just wondered if it would work with our friends who sometimes travel with us.

I think it is 100 shares for one cabin.

You cannot use the 100 shares twice for 2 different cabins.

Now I don't know what would happen if you owned 200 shares??? Interesting question.

Doesn't matter how many shares ( over 100 ) you have. Cannot use more than 100.

If Husband and wife EACH had "non-joint" investment accounts which EACH had 100 shares ... AND booked DIFFERENT cabins, with DIFFERENT booking numbers (even on the same cruise) and sent the OBC requests on different days, then YES, each cabin would get the OBC. This is the only way and it's a lot of trouble for $100...... but it can be done.

Cheers!

Jeff aka Recovery Dude

If Husband and wife EACH had "non-joint" investment accounts which EACH had 100 shares ... AND booked DIFFERENT cabins, with DIFFERENT booking numbers (even on the same cruise) and sent the OBC requests on different days, then YES, each cabin would get the OBC. This is the only way and it's a lot of trouble for $100...... but it can be done.

Cheers!

Jeff aka Recovery Dude

Another scenario - if the husband has the stock in his name and his wife goes on a cruise by herself or with girlfriends, she cannot claim the OBC since her husband is not sailing in the cabin.

I know this question was not asked but thought I'd toss it in.

Another scenario - if the husband has the stock in his name and his wife goes on a cruise by herself or with girlfriends, she cannot claim the OBC since her husband is not sailing in the cabin.

I know this question was not asked but thought I'd toss it in.

You are correct. She cannot claim the credit if her name is not on the shareholder account.

If Husband and wife each buy 100 shares then you can put 1 parent in each room and get the OBC for each cabin.

Otherwise whoever's name is on the stock as owner can only get the OBC for the cabin they are in.

I've never needed this but just curious. If the 100 shares are held jointly in both names, can each spouse book their own room with someone else and each cabin get the OBC? Just wondered if it would work with our friends who sometimes travel with us.

We have done this twice so far.

My husband and I jointly own 100 shares of Carnival stock. We booked two different cruises with DH and friend in one cabin and friend's wife and me in another cabin. Since we had different booking numbers, we each submitted for Stockholder obc and we each received Stockholder obc.

Upon embarkation we all met at Guest Services and had our S&S cards reprogrammed so the right spouses shared cabins. My husband's obc remained on his S&S account.

Cheers!

Jeff aka Recovery Dude

Why is this a lot of trouble? It takes me a minute to type an email with the pertinent information and hit send. Definitely worth it for $100.

I have experienced this. In your scenario, 100 shares jointly owned would have the $100 onboard credit split 50/50 or applied to only one cabin.

200+ shares held in a joint account can be claimed for two $100 shareholder credits when joint account holders are in two different booking numbers/cabins on the same sailing.

We have done this twice so far.

My husband and I jointly own 100 shares of Carnival stock. We booked two different cruises with DH and friend in one cabin and friend's wife and me in another cabin. Since we had different booking numbers, we each submitted for Stockholder obc and we each received Stockholder obc.

Upon embarkation we all met at Guest Services and had our S&S cards reprogrammed so the right spouses shared cabins. My husband's obc remained on his S&S account.

That kind of sounds like cheating to me, but what ever you feel comfortable with. Not the changing names in the cabins, but the 2 $100 OBC for the same 100 shares of stock.:rolleyes:

That kind of sounds like cheating to me, but what ever you feel comfortable with. Not the changing names in the cabins, but the 2 $100 OBC for the same 100 shares of stock.:rolleyes:

This situation has been discussed on forums of other CCL lines and it does not seem to be unique.

I see lots of people talking about owning 100 shares in CCl. I don't get it. I mean the OBC perk is great, but one will never get their return on it. Unless you bought the stock a long time ago when the price per share was low, I don't see the investment benefits looking at the past 5 years. Can someone shed light on this for me? I am fairly new at investing and looking for places to stick my money, why do you own CCL stock?

I see lots of people talking about owning 100 shares in CCl. I don't get it. I mean the OBC perk is great, but one will never get their return on it. Unless you bought the stock a long time ago when the price per share was low, I don't see the investment benefits looking at the past 5 years. Can someone shed light on this for me? I am fairly new at investing and looking for places to stick my money, why do you own CCL stock?

I can see where you are thinking the $100 OBC not being a big deal. To own 100 shares of CCL stock, $100 of Credit is not the big deal. But CCL is a good sound investment anyway. Pays a good dividend and is a strong, good company. And if you are going to cruise CCL anyway, might as well get the $100 Credit.

I didn't buy the stock for the credit, but for the company.

I can see where you are thinking the $100 OBC not being a big deal. To own 100 shares of CCL stock, $100 of Credit is not the big deal. But CCL is a good sound investment anyway. Pays a good dividend and is a strong, good company. And if you are going to cruise CCL anyway, might as well get the $100 Credit.

I didn't buy the stock for the credit, but for the company.

I have been tempted to buy, if I started investing now I might be able to get to 100 shares by next cruise in 2017 or 2018. I wish my 401k let me pick a specific stock.

I have experienced this. In your scenario, 100 shares jointly owned would have the $100 onboard credit split 50/50 or applied to only one cabin.

200+ shares held in a joint account can be claimed for two $100 shareholder credits when joint account holders are in two different booking numbers/cabins on the same sailing.

This is not true. It does not matter if a couple owns 100 shares or 600 shares, the obc is the same. 100 shares jointly owned is sufficient for obc for two cabins booked with one stock owner in each cabin.

Cheating is smuggling alcohol when Carnival rules clearly prohibit it.

Cheating is smoking/vaping on a balcony or in a cabin when Carnival rules clearly prohibit it.

Cheating is people bringing their under 21 friends and family to Serenity when Carnival rules clearly prohibit it.

As long as I submit the paperwork and Carnival accepts it, I'll submit the paperwork. When Carnival prohibits this I'll no longer submit the paperwork. Hence it's not cheating.

If you never cruise it will be an average 2-3% stock ($140/yr dividend).

If you cruise 7 days once a year ($100 obc, no tax) it becomes, at current market, a 5% stock (on 100 shares). If you cruise more than that the return increases incrementally.

Many long time CC members have realized more than 100% return over the last 5 years. They cruise a lot and bought their shares when the market price was in the mid $30's. Some bought during the crash and paid in the teens.

Edited by thinfool

We bought Carnival stock in July 2011, when the price was low, as an investment. Since, we've received over $2000 in obc plus quarterly dividends of $25 for four years, which then went up to $30 and recently up to $35. No bank account, CD, Money Market account, etc. has any return even close to that these days.