Oasis elevators

We normally try to avoid using the elevators by booking a cabin on deck 8/9 (Freedom class) so we only have a couple of flights up to the pool or down to the promenade. I have been studying Oasis (dang, it is HUGE!) and I think we will probably use the elevators more often. How busy are they? Do we need to plan on allowing extra time for catching one that is not already full?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by BLAMBKY

We were on Allure and didn't find the elevators to be any more crowded than other ships. They were jammed at the usual times, like after muster or when a show lets out. Otherwise, it wasn't bad. We had a cabin on deck 10 near the forward elevators, so we used those most often. We also used Central Park on deck 8 or the Promenade on deck 5 as the walk-through to get from the front of the ship to the back.

Go enjoy your cruise. You are worrying about things you really don't need to worry about.

You will enjoy Oasis as we did.

I promise, I am not worrying. I just like to think things through and have reasonable expectations. And if anyone had noticed one set used less often, I would not mind knowing about that in advance either! ;)

I really don't think your going to have to do extra planning, revamping, or modifications of your trip just to ride in the elevators.

Lol, come on, I have close to a year's wait. What else should I do but research every detail of our upcoming adventure?

We were on Allure and didn't find the elevators to be any more crowded than other ships. They were jammed at the usual times, like after muster or when a show lets out. Otherwise, it wasn't bad. We had a cabin on deck 10 near the forward elevators, so we used those most often. We also used Central Park on deck 8 or the Promenade on deck 5 as the walk-through to get from the front of the ship to the back.

Thanks for your input. Maybe using the walk throughs that you mentioned would help break up using the stairs, so we could avoid the elevators during the busiest times.

I promise, I am not worrying. I just like to think things through and have reasonable expectations. And if anyone had noticed one set used less often, I would not mind knowing about that in advance either! ;)

Smart, But as others have said, planning helps a lot. There are tricks to avoiding the peak usage. That said, I had more problems with Oasis Elevators last May than I have had with any other cruise.

That included employees hijacking the elevators so they didn't have to wait or stop at unwanted floors. I also had doors open at a nearby elevator indicating they were going the direction I wanted only to have them snap shut within 1 second and then having to press the button again.

I really don't think your going to have to do extra planning, revamping, or modifications of your trip just to ride in the elevators.

You have to, but it doesn't hurt. If you are leaving the aquatheater after a show and want to go to deck 14 forward, you have to walk the length of the ship anyway, so do that first then take an elevator as people tend to go to the first elevator they see.

You have to, but it doesn't hurt. If you are leaving the aquatheater after a show and want to go to deck 14 forward, you have to walk the length of the ship anyway, so do that first then take an elevator as people tend to go to the first elevator they see.

Great suggestion, thanks! I like thinking things through ahead of time and this will definitely help.

I was on Oasis a few weeks and found the elevators to be very slow. They don't move slowly, you just have to wait a long time to get on one and be ready to be scrunched up, once inside, because more times than not, they are filled to capacity.

We normally try to avoid using the elevators by booking a cabin on deck 8/9 (Freedom class) so we only have a couple of flights up to the pool or down to the promenade. I have been studying Oasis (dang, it is HUGE!) and I think we will probably use the elevators more often. How busy are they? Do we need to plan on allowing extra time for catching one that is not already full?

Forward elevators seemed to be less busy for us.

Forward elevators seemed to be less busy for us.

Thanks, I wonder if aft possibly being busier has anything to do with several dining areas in the aft area...Hee Hee, too full to take the stairs?

Thanks, I wonder if aft possibly being busier has anything to do with several dining areas in the aft area...Hee Hee, too full to take the stairs?

Yep, Windjammer and dining rooms are near the aft elevators.

My family thought I was making it up, but it seemed to me that one set of elevators moved quicker than the ones on the other side of it? I cannot remember which side though? Maybe it was just the ones I was waiting for were always the slowest? I am lucky like that!!

Blambky, being a first time cruiser and choosing location of a room was overwhelming. Near elevator? "Too noisy" or is it "more convenient? ". We are traveling on Sept 10 in stateroom 7154. I will be scoping if you want to check it out!! name is tinamarie1965. Also bajadahl is scoping now on oasis. Periscope is new to me and finding it another great tool!! Have fun researching!! It's one of the best parts for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Blambky, being a first time cruiser and choosing location of a room was overwhelming. Near elevator? "Too noisy" or is it "more convenient? ". We are traveling on Sept 10 in stateroom 7154. I will be scoping if you want to check it out!! name is tinamarie1965. Also bajadahl is scoping now on oasis. Periscope is new to me and finding it another great tool!! Have fun researching!! It's one of the best parts for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I lean toward the more convenient camp to be close to elevators/stairs. And going to add you right now, I have been following along! I started to think I may have issues but [emoji23] then I saw my DH watching an Oasis deck tour video! Nope, we just had such a fabulous time, we are ready for a repeat!!!

We also found the elevators to be full just before traditional dining times start. DW can't do stairs so we are forced to take the elevators. We have to give ourselves

lots of time so we are not late

No, there are so many elevators. The most we had to wait was at the most 5 minutes. The only time we avoided the elevators was when a show let out. Our room was on deck 6 3 cabins down from the elevators and we did not hear anything. I hope this helps.

No, there are so many elevators. The most we had to wait was at the most 5 minutes. The only time we avoided the elevators was when a show let out. Our room was on deck 6 3 cabins down from the elevators and we did not hear anything. I hope this helps.

Thanks for the feedback, 5 minute wait does not sound bad at all! :cool:

Lol, come on, I have close to a year's wait. What else should I do but research every detail of our upcoming adventure?

Seven months for us and I am constantly researching. I am glad you asked, I hadn't thought of this....yet ;)