Cruise director schedule 7/6/16

Elaine515

Has anyone sailed with Adam Cornes?

How is he?

I have only seen one person remark on him and it wasn't good but then again this person hated everything about their trip so I can't put too much weight into their opinion.

Has anyone sailed on the Liberty lately with Frankie Portera? I believe he just joined CCL in March but I haven't heard any reviews of him yet.

I am wondering the same as you! We cruise August 27th. I'll keep checking back for any news. I'll update you when we return. I hope he's fun!!

I am wondering the same as you! We cruise August 27th. I'll keep checking back for any news. I'll update you when we return. I hope he's fun!!

This was John Heald's post about him today:

And now please welcome to the Carnival stage someone who has just joined us. He has a brilliant nick name and he has already proven that he will provide a huge dollop of fun to your cruise.

Yep, its time to meet FRANKIE “THE TANK” PORTERA

Cruise Director of the Carnival Liberty

Please tell us about your employment journey so far?

I joined the Carnival family earlier this year and couldn’t be more excited! Butch noticed my talent last year and thought I would fit in with the Carnival brand well, so we got the ball rolling with interviews and an official meet up with the team in Miami.

After just a few hours, I received the call from Butch offering me a Cruise Director position and I gladly accepted.

Since then, I spent a couple weeks in the office in Miami, getting to know the company and the role better and loving every minute of it. I had a great time with the amazing Jaime Dee and her team onboard the Carnival Breeze for two weeks at the end of May and am now doing my first contract as a Carnival Cruise Director onboard the Carnival Liberty! (I’m here until October 8th and will be gone for one week in September for the CD conference!)

Can you describe how excited you are to be working for the most popular cruise line in the world?

Words can’t describe how much fun I’ve been having since joining the Carnival team. I truly believe we have amazing guests and every one of them just love to have fun! The energy around the ship is always positive and people come onboard looking to have a good time. I feed off the energy thrown at me and return it 10 fold.

What are the attributes and strengths that will make you the best Cruise Director Carnival has ever had?

I love meeting new people, interacting with people and helping create the memories that our guests are going to take away with them. There’s no better feeling then someone coming up to me and telling me that I am one of the top reasons they and their families enjoyed their vacation. I know people save up a lot of time and money to come on vacation so I try to give them all the best experience I can give!

If there is one activity, event or performance that you think will be your must not miss event, what is it??

Without a doubt, it’s the Love & Marriage Show. I have such a fun time with this, from the auditions to the actual game. We always get great couples to join us on stage and it gives THEM the chance to be the tars of the show for the evening. Again, I’m here for the guests and I want to create the most memorable experience that I can possible make and this is a great way to make them mini-celebrities for the rest of the cruise!

Who makes you laugh?

Anyone who is genuine and is just themselves. People who know how to enjoy life and not take life too seriously. Anyone who can tell a good joke will always have a spot in my heart!

What does the word FUN mean to you?

Fun is the smiles on peoples’ faces. Fun is people dancing at deck party with their families like there is no worry in the world. Fun is seeing a family enjoying time together because life gets in the way at home and it doesn’t happen often. FUN. IS. CARNIVAL.

And finally, do you have a message to all the guests who will soon be meeting you on your ship?

I look forward to seeing, meeting and having a great time onboard whatever fun ship I see you on! Get ready to put those dancing and running shoes on and be ready for anything… there’s no telling what can happen when we cruise together. If you have any questions before you cruise on a ship that I’m on, feel free to reach out to me on Facebook at: Frankie “The Tank” CCL. Welcome aboard… let’s have some fun!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

If I am not mistaken, I think Saffie was the comedy club manager when I sailed on Freedom 8/2014, if it is same person she did an amazing job In that capacity.... By far the best I have had in my past carnival cruises and I always go to as many comedy shows as I can. She was bubbly and fun.

Happy to see that I get Jaime Dee on Miracle followed by Matt on the Vista. 2 of the best that Carnival has these days. Although every time I get a good CD, they leave before too long. Butch Begovitch and Karl Bird come to mind. Chloe was a good CD too, but she is off the schedule after March, hopefully just a vacation after a 9 month contract.

I finally looked at the schedule, looks like my next cruise is one of the new CD's. That's fine, hope he enjoys his job....what I am sad about though is it looks like Ralph Valente "Wee Jimmy" is no longer with Carnival, I enjoyed and will miss him.

Crazy question for anyone who may know but I don't see John Herald on any Carnival ship as a CD. I know he's pretty high up there now with carnival but was curious on when/if he's still directing

Congrats on your first post on CC. John does only a few "guest" cd slots during the year. He still is doing the bloggers cruises.

True, I should have mentioned that, probably the best of both worlds where he can concentrate on what he does best.

He did it on the Pride relocation cruise but there were days when nobody saw him. However overall he did add to the cruise and I did have the opportunity to spend some nice time talking to him