UK Cruisers-OBC purchase

I'm interested in buying some obc at these rates, I just wondered does anyone know when I ring if I can choose how to allocate the money? I'm cruising with my daughters & I'd like to give them a head start on their bill, I've already got $400 & a select drinks package included so would only want it putting down off their account.

Asda today only offering $89 for £70 so it's free money! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm interested in buying some obc at these rates, I just wondered does anyone know when I ring if I can choose how to allocate the money? I'm cruising with my daughters & I'd like to give them a head start on their bill, I've already got $400 & a select drinks package included so would only want it putting down off their account.

Asda today only offering $89 for £70 so it's free money!

Yes, just tell the phone rep the booking number and guest to which you would like to have the OBC applied.

How can I check out the price onboard in $'s of the alcohol packages? I've bought 2 premium packages with the 20% off discount making a total of £444 on line already but I'm curious as to whether if I cancel those could I save some money by using OBC and just book the packages onboard. Does this make sense?

Select is $42 a day (Premium is $57 Ultimate is $67). UK pre-booking gives you 20% discount but its now coming in at £30 a day. $42 @1.42 = £29.77 so it seems to be coming in at the same price.

Unless you own a De Lorean this wont help, but I got it at £26 a day pre-Brexit!

Edited by Aidy2009

Phoned RCCL earlier today asking for confirmation of OBC in USD. they said they were unable to do that. But did send a confirmation Information schedule(7 pages) with mistakes.

just got off the phone after getting through to Miami, explained the problem. initially saying that the USD was 365 now. They looked into it and then corrected and sent an email confirmation of the correct amount. I will hold onto this to show on board. I don't trust RCCL to get it right:D

yes, still working, I got $300 for £210 which works out at 1.43 or £70 for $100. Nice to make a bit of a saving

FYI, this morning I was able to secure the same rate for my Transatlantic crossing in October this year.

Also an email from RCCL to confirm it

Happy days

Have people had the money taken out of their bank accouent ? I got mine last week and although the account shows the amount as authorised - it hasnt gone through as a transaction

Same here. It's showing as a pending transaction in my credit card account but hasn't actually debited.

Hi everybody

Just got back off Britannia today and hadn't seen this about OBC I rang the UK number and of course the office is closed so rang the 0844 number in the USA and got $500 for £350 = to $1.4285 The post office was wanting to charge £386 :eek: Money in the bank :D

Regards.

Paul

I have gone through Royal's website and bought Gift Certificates. It says that I can use the certificates to pay for the cruise. As the balance us due by August 4' date=' I thought this was a good idea. I hope it works![/quote']

Where did you find the gift cert page on their UK site as I can only see the US option

thx

Just bought some more OBC as have decided to do 'pay as we go' for drinks instead of package. Still offering rate of 1.42 dollars to pound. Would rather have it all prepaid up front instead of a big bill at end of cruise, especially at this rate !

Notice that the 20% off premium package has gone up twice in planner to GBP30 per day (plus tips) over last few weeks, and with all the ports in our Jewel Med cruise don't think we will drink enough to make break even.

Hi everyone hoping someone can help.

Anyone know how much tips are in US$ per day?

My luck for the first time I chose not to prepay. Now thinking I maybe need to prepurchase some more onboard credit as I forgot I hadnt prepaid our service charge (tips as they like to call it lol).

Hi everyone hoping someone can help.

Anyone know how much tips are in US$ per day?

My luck for the first time I chose not to prepay. Now thinking I maybe need to prepurchase some more onboard credit as I forgot I hadnt prepaid our service charge (tips as they like to call it lol).

$13.50 per guest per day, unless you are in a GS or better in which case it's $16.50 per guest per day.

Is there a limit to how much OBC you can pre purchase? I called the UK number and asked to buy $600 with my debit card and I was told I could only put a maximum of $450 so I got around it by putting $300 on mine and $300 on my husbands.

Is there a limit to how much OBC you can pre purchase? I called the UK number and asked to buy $600 with my debit card and I was told I could only put a maximum of $450 so I got around it by putting $300 on mine and $300 on my husbands.

Not sure what limit is but I have purchased three lots of £200 - £300 against my name and £300 against st hubby's . Hope that will cover drinks for 9 days plus one or two specialized restaurants :)