UK Cruisers-OBC purchase

Is there a limit to how much OBC you can pre purchase? I called the UK number and asked to buy $600 with my debit card and I was told I could only put a maximum of $450 so I got around it by putting $300 on mine and $300 on my husbands.

there is not an overall limit it seems there is a limit to how much you can put on in one transaction.

When you phone up to add the OBC do the tell you how much it will cost in pounds?

If you ask how much $300 is in pounds they will tell you what it is, I brought $500 and that cost me £350 saved about £31. Following the rapid fall a couple of weeks ago don't see the £ getting back to $1.42 before going on our cruise in November so figured it was worth the chance.

Can someone else buy OBC for a relative who will be cruising as a gift? Would they just need to be able to provide all the details of the booking, names etc? Or is it a no-no for some reason?

You can buy for someone else. It would be easiest if you have their booking number, but the customer service people should be able to look it up with name, ship, and sailing date.

Hi, thanks for the info, I have just purchased some OBC too!

Any idea where on your booking when you log in you will find the OBC purchase?

Thanks

Sue

I've never been able to find purchased OBC on the website. I'd bring a printed copy of the confirmation email.

Thanks for that, when does the confirmation email generally arrive. I havent received anything yet.

Sue

I added a OBC at about 1300 yesterday and my wife added more later in the afternoon received confirmation from TA who booked cruise via e-mail at 1700 UK time

I have bought some this morning and still £70 per $100.

Thanks for resurrecting this post today - and to the OP for the original heads up which happened while we were away so I hadn't noticed it.

Just bought a load of OBC for our forthcoming B2B on Celebrity later in the year. :D

Thanks for resurrecting this post today - and to the OP for the original heads up which happened while we were away so I hadn't noticed it.

Just bought a load of OBC for our forthcoming B2B on Celebrity later in the year. :D

You're very welcome-I like fellow cruisers saving some money!:)

The only downside of booking via the USA I guess is not being able to take advantage of this!!

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

Hi I would like more info on booking via the USA if it's possible for you to let me know??

Yes little britain, I have just bought some OBC for my Celebrity cruise in September but can't do the same for my December Allure cruise as it was booked in $ with Club Royale (poker win).

:-/